4.0 out of 5 stars Continues to be a Stable full featured Editing Suite
This program in the Corel VideoStudio X series has an installation of over 1.5Gb probably due to the inclusion of the special Effects pack in this the Pro version.
It also recommends you keep the setup files on your hard drive for updates at another 1.3GB.
Installation was straight forward taking about 20 minutes but I have learnt over the years of Corel...
Published 22 months ago by Tellboy

3.0 out of 5 stars For the first time i can highly recommend a Video editing program from COREL !!
The new Videostudio X6 Pro Ultimate is REALLY IMPROVED!
I am user of several Videostudio versions, since early 2007 (9, X2 Pro and X5).
I had serious problems with the earlier versions (especially many crashes
during several stages of video editing and problems with synchronization).

I tried the new X6 (64 bit) for more than 3 months and i can...
Published 19 months ago by CORE

1.0 out of 5 stars Video Studeo, 2 May 2013
J. S. Mills (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Oh how I wish I could use it like many others I am unable to install the programme
The features look so good.
It starts to install and then a box comes up stating can't find Microsoft C++2005 redisstuable
I have emailed Corel but no success

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent software for video presentation., 15 April 2014
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Did my research and Corel seemed the one to buy. Right decision. Now making DVD's for family and friends combining my movies and stills. Easy editing. Lots more features if I want to use them, which I shall as time permits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Love this product I only brought it so I can do my assignment presentation,
and omg the end result was absolutely brilliant. Was a tricky to grasp but it didn't take very one to get a handle of it.
Love everything about it, if I get another presentation to do will definitely be using this Pro X6 then my old version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has features beyond my skill level, 7 Feb. 2014
Mr. Martin Brown (Romsey UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
This is my first editor, other than Windows MovieMaker, so I can not compare it with other editors.

The important thing is that the Corel editor yields lovely sharp, smooth results in full 1080. without any of the frustrating degradation that I got with Windows MovieMaker. That significant improvement is worth the few frustrations that Corel have given me.

Obviously there is a learning curve and I am still in that phase but the biggest frustration is that you can not drag clips from place to place if you change your mind. That surely is fundamental! You can drag sounds and titles easily enough, and allow them to over-lap if you wish, but you can't drag pictures or video. To get around this, I have to copy the clip from the timeline back to the storage area (top right default) and then drag it back again into the position I want, finally deleting the clip from the original location.

Everything else is fairly intuitive and flexible. For nearly everything you select, there is an 'options' tab and an 'attributes' tab which allow you to change just about everything. However, I can not find and easy way of fading either music or image in or out slowly. I expect it's possible but I have not worked it out yet and again, that is a fundamental need.

Despite my few problems, I can now produce final results to be proud of without having to apologise for the MovieMaker degradation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now this makes My Ulead look very slow, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Video Studio very easy to use and I love it and will get he latest one very soon I have to try the templates that I downloaded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feature rich for the novice editor, 15 July 2013
Angela - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are many video editing applications in this budget sector and it can be difficult to choose between them. I settled on this because of the ease of editing and the simplicity of adding animated overlays onto your videos to create a professional finish. Features that stand out are the slow motion video, 4K ready and motion tracking. These have been improved or are new features from Pro X5. If you already have Pro X5, then you will need to think hard if these features are worth upgrading for, the rest of the application is very much the same. The interface is a little bland, but is a huge improvement on the cumbersome Adobe Premiere elements which is a primary competitor. Most things can be worked out with trial and error, but there are a few things which are not obvious - for example locking the tracks so that they don't move when editing video is achieved by an on-screen icon which took me an age to work out from the digital manual which is basic, but worth a read. If you are looking for good budget video editor then look no further. It works well with HD video and is future ready.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Video Editing Software, 30 Jun. 2013
Happyfamily (Essex) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've previously used Version 4 to edit videos so I was interested to see how this software would compare.
Installation took about 20 minutes to complete.I watched most of the tutorials on the Corel website to learn about the new features and I found these to be very useful.
I edited a short video of a 21st birthday party shot on an iphone 4 to test this software and after a bit of trial and error I had soon achieved a very satisfactory result.I had no other applications running and I am pleased to report that no "crashes" occurred at any stage of the process.
Overall a very good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ho Hum, 29 Jun. 2013
Peri Urban "periurban" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very competitive area right now, especially with the rise of editing on mobile devices.

Give Corel the credit for trying to produce something that provides a kind of half way house between the free bundled editors and the more expensive professional solutions. I didn't find the workflow suited me, but I'm used to Sony Vegas. I thought I'd give this a try, and it was OK to use for basic edits.

But as soon as I attempted some more demanding tasks the software simply didn't allow me to get what I wanted. If all you want to do is edit clips, then stick to your iPad or MovieMaker. If you need to slide audio under clips and sync clips to the audio from other clips, get Sony Vegas or one of the other big boys (even the lighter version of Sony Vegas will allow this).

A good effort, but nothing to convince me to change.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 20 Jun. 2013
P. G. Strachan (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A bit of a compare and contrast job here. I'd been using the Video Studio Ultimate X6 for a month or so but thought I'd give the Pro a go to see if there was much difference. It's early days yet but I have to say that this version is more than up to my needs and I've yet to find anything that the Ultimate offers that sets it so far above the Pro as to make the extra investment worthwhile. Obviously that kind of depends on what you're intending to use the software for but if, like me, you'd classify yourself as a blundering hobbyist rather than the next Steven Speilberg I'd spend my money on this version. Installation-wise it isn't the friendliest puppy in the litter but eventually it'll snuggle up to you and once you're up and running it's reasonably intuitive to operate with a pretty straightforward layout that doesn't leave you searching for ages to unearth rogue icons. So bottom line....I'm enjoying using it, starting to spread my wings and dig into some of the fancier functionality....all in all highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing really, for the money, 20 Jun. 2013
Adamski (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The software installed with no problems, if a little slowly. Some of the new features in this 'pro' version, such as motion tracking and support for DSLR stop motion are a boon. I am particularly impressed with the wide range of formats which can be imported and also the numerous different file types to save completed data. You can of course export straight to You Tube and Facebook etc.

Now I'm no professional so can't comment on the more in-depth features but Corel is a dependable name when it comes to affordable software and the Video Studio product is one of their strongest lines. Recommended.

Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 (PC)
Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 (PC) by Corel (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)