on 18 May 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
PC set up used for this review M5A7Bl-M Mobo 3.40 Ghz 8mb quad core,AMD Radeon Hd6600 series,16 Gig DDR3 ram, PSU ATX 2v 750w, windows 7

Installing went fine just type the serial number in and installed but no printed manual and you have to download it along with the quick guide but why not include it on disc like everyone else does. Going to the web site and signing in I was able to download the manual there.

This latest version has the following upgrades New Motion Tracking Advanced customizable effects New DSLR stop motion tools New Ultra HD (4K) video quality

Before using the program you have to give your email address for the help and support section and register it with them. You then get free updates, templates, etc this is still in its early stages yet so there is not many templates to choose from at the moment for specific projects. There is not much in video tutorials as I was looking for how to chroma key and ended up looking on you tube instead. The one thing I do like about this program is it can now add templates by auto updating which saves you the time searching for stuff unless you are low on hard drive space this is a good feature.

One annoying thing I did find was you can't search for fonts instead you have to click down a list which is a waste of time.
Rendering seems slower then the last version, its not as user friendly as other video packages. Burning everything to a DVD first time worked too with chapters also working on my standalone player so no worries there. However it took an awful lot of time to complete and I had to go out and leave it on till I got back the speed it was going at would have taken a couple hours all because of rendering again. If you just doing a quick edit with something you have recorded off TV or Home movie its fine but once you start adding lots of FX and especially more video it can overload a bit and slow things down but anything upto 4-6 minutes its fine, it will of course depend on your PC specs though as well. Though it's not perfect, you can edit and adjust motion paths to smooth jagged points and create more-polished effects. There are many variables that will affect the quality of your results, but overall it's a neat feature if used sparingly and correctly.

The package is great if your a first timer or someone wanting to do something real simple but for pro users I would try a different package or pay more.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 May 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This program in the Corel VideoStudio X series has an installation of over 1.5Gb probably due to the inclusion of the special Effects pack in this the Pro version.
It also recommends you keep the setup files on your hard drive for updates at another 1.3GB.
Installation was straight forward taking about 20 minutes but I have learnt over the years of Corel Products to do a custom install option to avoid adding extras you may not want such as Google Toolbar and customer participation.
You may wish to accept the download at the end of installation and install Apple Quicktime to play Mov and MPEG4 videos.
I am running it on a fairly high specification Desktop PC using Windows 8 Pro version.
I am well used to doing work in the earlier series when it would suddenly lock up and I would lose all the editing so I was used to saving the project work very frequently.
Things have worked much more fluently in this version with no loss of work.
It still remains odd that it caters for numerous file formats but still not Flash video (.flv) which although destined to be phased out is still very common on downloads such as YouTube.
Also odd is the fact that it does not even offer a video converter to smooth things along if you do try to import it rather then getting an error message "file format mismatch"
A very sophisticated piece of video editing software catering for up to 4K Ultra High Definition if you are lucky enough to have a camera of that specification, but also easy to use to do very basic editing.
In this release I have found the enhanced screen capture utility very useful for presentations.
on 28 May 2013
I have used for long time in the past an older version (Studio 10) and this was the reason I preferred this new product. Although the product itself is acceptable, the technical support of the company is very poor or it is better to say that it is unacceptable. You have no any operating manual and you have to do everything by your search and your trial.

Of course you can write to technical support, but you get some typical answers with no sense and after some letters you have changed, you understand that you are loosing your time. Actually you have no any help.
on 15 October 2013
I use windows 7 64 bit and after trying the installed program "Movie Maker" I found it to be lacking. I have also experienced a number of free film editing programs, which includes - Video Spin, Avideumux, Blender, Wax, Picasa, VSDC Video Editor as well as a paid one "Power Director 9" (which kept crashing or picture files were omitted and I had to restart a project). After much research I came across "Corel Video Studio Pro X6" and decided to purchase it. I have found it to be the best so far for the film producing that I do. It's a bit like AE but much simpler to use. I find it to be very user friendly, everything is clearly marked.There are many "Free" Templates and titles that one can download. The video tutorials are great too. All in all I gave this product 4 stars with what I have so far experienced.
VINE VOICEon 17 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There are many different video studio types software available. This is another new version of Corel's VideoStudio Pro. The software loaded easily, if just a little long on time, 22 minutes. The process of uploading video content to edit was also easy and straightforward. So far I have been able to edit together several different short video elements, added music and titles. The basic requirements but the software enabled this to be done, without too many false moves. Looking forward to fully testing the software during the summer holidays when I will accumulate more video to edit, and more time to try more advanced features.
I will return and update the review as I use the software more.
First impressions are good value and potential to produce some interesting professional looking videos.
on 28 July 2013
Corel Video Studio is a good piece of software that makes it simple to do lots of things. It is generally very user friendly and will satisfy the needs of most users.

One or two minor issues with it are 1) You can only modify the pre-loaded set of dvd menus, you can't create new templates 2) There aren't options for some seemingly simple tasks like to change all titles in a project, or to rejoin split videos and one or two other little things that are so easy to include, but are sadly missing. If Corel concentrated on all the little things most people would be likely to need rather than 4k and 3D video support etc that 99% of users won't use!

Overall good, and better than most competitors, but not the best. Not sure what is as all of the competitors have their setbacks.
on 7 February 2014
This is my first editor, other than Windows MovieMaker, so I can not compare it with other editors.

The important thing is that the Corel editor yields lovely sharp, smooth results in full 1080. without any of the frustrating degradation that I got with Windows MovieMaker. That significant improvement is worth the few frustrations that Corel have given me.

Obviously there is a learning curve and I am still in that phase but the biggest frustration is that you can not drag clips from place to place if you change your mind. That surely is fundamental! You can drag sounds and titles easily enough, and allow them to over-lap if you wish, but you can't drag pictures or video. To get around this, I have to copy the clip from the timeline back to the storage area (top right default) and then drag it back again into the position I want, finally deleting the clip from the original location.

Everything else is fairly intuitive and flexible. For nearly everything you select, there is an 'options' tab and an 'attributes' tab which allow you to change just about everything. However, I can not find and easy way of fading either music or image in or out slowly. I expect it's possible but I have not worked it out yet and again, that is a fundamental need.

Despite my few problems, I can now produce final results to be proud of without having to apologise for the MovieMaker degradation.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Corel video editing package keeps getting better, its hard to compare to Premiere Elements as they are both different to use I think that it is certainly as good. Several new features add some very interesting ideas but are a little badly labelled on the box, one is Auto-subtitling which scans the souns on the video and breaks it down into short packages for you to type you subtitles in to, not exactly what I thought when I read about the feature, but it also features motion tagging so you can add lables to moving objects that will follow them about. Excellent.

Along with this are the usual options for editing your video, adding titles and special effects its a very good package, a little easier to use than Premiere Elements but maybe not as fully featured, but only by a little and I would say that unless you are making something for cinema release its probably as much as you need.

It seems pretty sharp converting and exporting to flash files, i rarely burn to DVD any more so I can't comment, but a good package, looses a star on cost as I have bought premiere elements cheaper.

Tested on my laptop:
Samsung BLACK INTEL CORE i72670QM, 8GB RAM,2TB (2 x 1TB HDD) AMD Radeon HD 6970M Graphics 2GB, 17.3" WIN 7, 3D BLURAY re-writer. NP700G7AS02UK
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There are many video editing applications in this budget sector and it can be difficult to choose between them. I settled on this because of the ease of editing and the simplicity of adding animated overlays onto your videos to create a professional finish. Features that stand out are the slow motion video, 4K ready and motion tracking. These have been improved or are new features from Pro X5. If you already have Pro X5, then you will need to think hard if these features are worth upgrading for, the rest of the application is very much the same. The interface is a little bland, but is a huge improvement on the cumbersome Adobe Premiere elements which is a primary competitor. Most things can be worked out with trial and error, but there are a few things which are not obvious - for example locking the tracks so that they don't move when editing video is achieved by an on-screen icon which took me an age to work out from the digital manual which is basic, but worth a read. If you are looking for good budget video editor then look no further. It works well with HD video and is future ready.
VINE VOICEon 20 June 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A bit of a compare and contrast job here. I'd been using the Video Studio Ultimate X6 for a month or so but thought I'd give the Pro a go to see if there was much difference. It's early days yet but I have to say that this version is more than up to my needs and I've yet to find anything that the Ultimate offers that sets it so far above the Pro as to make the extra investment worthwhile. Obviously that kind of depends on what you're intending to use the software for but if, like me, you'd classify yourself as a blundering hobbyist rather than the next Steven Speilberg I'd spend my money on this version. Installation-wise it isn't the friendliest puppy in the litter but eventually it'll snuggle up to you and once you're up and running it's reasonably intuitive to operate with a pretty straightforward layout that doesn't leave you searching for ages to unearth rogue icons. So bottom line....I'm enjoying using it, starting to spread my wings and dig into some of the fancier functionality....all in all highly recommended.

See one answered question