Wanted a travel charger that could reuse my USB charger I pack, I hate packing lots of "wall-warts" type chargers, and just pack everything MicroUSB/MiniUSB. I have been unable to find an out of camera USB charger for my NEX-5R, but stumbled on this. It's really good. It's not the best construction for sure, but it's inexpensive and light.

My only slight gripe is the clip that hold the battery up against the contacts seems a little flimsy. Time will tell if this is a problem.

Functional wise, no complaints, it charged my official batter and a el-cheapo unofficial without complaint, and the LED changes colour when charged. Putting both batteries into my camera, they both reported a full charge, and neither battery got hot in the charger, so no complaints there.
on 11 September 2015
Brilliant! I always get the genuine batteries, but for £7 you get a great USB charger for the NP-FW50 battery! This means when i go on holiday with my ANKER 6 port 50W USB charger, i can finally charge the battery without having to lug a big charger with me! This is thin, light, and auto cuts off once charger.

I;ve had a few ex-pro chargers now for various things and they're always great for the price (yes they feel cheap, but then they are cheap!)
on 5 August 2014
It worked for a few weeks but just when you need it the connector where the cable fits in has become loose and is not making contact properly. It's Ok if you push it in and hold it or tape it in place but it's had it. Would have expected it to last a bit longer. Not worth the trouble of sending back so it's in the bin ...
on 18 January 2014
Purchase if to charge my Sony battery as my camera (sony A7) not came with a charger and you could only can charge the battery using the camera . Which is a pain when you are travelling. This charger is small and light enough to travel. All you need is a find a USB to main plug (which I use my iPhone one) and it works.
on 15 February 2014
I bought this for my Sony NEX-6 camera as Sony don't supply a separate charger with the camera and I use it with the Ex-Pro battery which is a lot cheaper than the Sony equivalent. It works so far but I haven't had it long enough to vouch for its longevity.
on 2 May 2015
Great charger for the A7 and A6000 lets me charge battery whilst using another in camera the contacts are delicate so be careful when inserting battery. Had this nearly one year and still working great value for money.
on 17 September 2014
The pins that charge the battery broke the Ex-Pro battery that is meant to go in this device. A little disappointing really. It still charges the battery (hence 2 stars) but it is now more fiddily.
on 12 June 2014
The battery contacts on the charger are just two flimsy wires that are easily bent, and I fear that they will not last. On the positive side, the charger works well, and is small and light weight.
on 21 April 2014
My Sony A7r came without charger and connecting camera via USB is impractical, unsafe and seemed slow. This charger solved my problems and works with the original battery and also EXpro branded.
on 18 September 2014
Super useful and super cheap. Loses a star because sometimes the battery does not align correctly on the metal contacts, necessitating repositioning on occasion.