Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.66

on 11 August 2011
Carson Cartwright has been estranged from her father and four brothers for the twelve years following her mother's death. She gets a phone call out of the blue from her twin brother, Chase. Their father is on his death bed and Chase urges Carson to return home for a reconciliation before it's too late. Carson reluctantly returns to the Montana ranch she grew up on. On her return she finds that the ranch is rather run down and the brothers have been struggling to make ends meet. She also discovers that her brothers have hired consultant Kerry Elder to help them to turn their working ranch into a guest (dude) ranch.
Kerry has only just started her own business. She will do almost anything to win the contract, including flirting with Carson's brother, Cody. Little does Kerry know at the time, it is not Cody who will take her eye, but Carson.
Kerry is confused by the feelings Carson brings out in her. She has always considered herself to be straight. Carson herself, although a confirmed lesbian, is frightened of her feelings for Kerry, she's never actually been in love before.She's always steered clear of commitment.
Will Carson let go and allow herself to fall in love? Will Kerry come to terms with falling in love with another woman? Will Carson reconcile with her father and forgive him? What will happen when Cody finds out the woman he intends to marry is smitten with Carson?
After a bit of a slow start, the story really picked up nicely. I like Gerri's way of writing. The characters come to life on the page and the stories are always well written. This is a typical lesbian romance. What I would call a nice comfortable read.
on 18 August 2011
Here are the basics of Gerri Hill's latest tale - Carson's relationship to her father has been rocky throughout her childhood, and it got even worse after her mother dies and she ends up being kicked out by him. After leaving the beloved farm she makes a life for herself surrounding herself with women and escaping to Europe. Once hunted down by her twin brother (the only one out of her four brothers she ever had a strong bond with), and informed that her father is dying she decides to return to the farm and bumps into consultant Kerry, who was hired to help the farm out of financial difficulties. You can imagine where the story goes from here, but there are a few twists and turns to keep it interesting.
I read through this really quickly and enjoyed every minute of it. The family dynamics are well developed and not over the top dramatic (which would be an easy trap to fall into).
Gerri Hill certainly writes a story well and she manages to make it easy to form a mental picture of the characters. I am looking forward to her next book, and yes, I don't mind admitting that it's on pre-order already. Gerri might not be up for the Nobel Prize for this one, but her books sure are entertaining. If I want something more wordy intellectually stimulating I go grab a Salman Rushdie. Gerri Hill is for kicking back and relaxing - and boy she does it well.
Estranged from her father and four brothers after her mother's death, Carson Cartwright is not expecting a call from her twin. He urges a reconciliation before their father succumbs to his final illness. Though she has spent more than a decade trying to forget her family existed, the circumstances pull her back to the Montana ranch where she grew up.

Carson discovers her brothers divided over plans to change their working ranch into a guest ranch, and their consultant, Kerry Elder, doesn't seem above using her wiles to get her way. Kerry finds that while she may have her clients right where she wants them, it's the wayward sister that may be awakening something she has long denied.

The big Montana sky crackles with thunder and lightning as emotions twist in unbidden directions. Neither Carson nor Kerry is prepared for the wild storms of summer.

Gerri Hill just keeps churning them out, but she does it well. Her books are entertaining and well-written, but don't really bring much new to the table. Who cares though, if they provide a couple of hours relief from a busy day...
on 4 October 2011
I must be a bit blase to Gerri Hill's books, for the first time I skimmed through it, finding it a tad samey and shallow.....might have been my mood, who knows, but not since the Tori Hunter books and Scorpion can I honestly say I have really 'got into' Ms Hills books. 'Storms' could've been so much better had she gone a bit deeper..its although she lost interest half way through. Maybe I'm having an off day..or maybe I should try writing a book myself to see how easy or hard it is.....but I am still ordering the new release from Ms Hill. Glutton for punishment?
on 2 September 2013
I usually love Gerri Hill books - and this one is okay but its not one that i will pick up again for a while. The main characters are believable enough but there seems to be something missing - the character names became confusing for me (too many that sound the same) and it became difficult to figure out ho was doing what - and i would have liked more detail on the back story - but its a good read as you would expect of gerri Hill but just not one I will keep going back to.
on 16 October 2011
I can not find enough words of praise for Gerri Hill and her work. She is an exceptional writer, and from being introduced to her work approx a year ago, I have now read all there is to read from this superb writer of Lesbian Romance. I am eagerly awaiting her next novel due out at the end of the year. If you are considering buying any books by Gerri, Do It, you will not regret it, they may be a little predicable sometimes, but they are all so enjoyable to read. She also writes crime really well, Target and The Scorpion being 2 of my favourites. Storms is simply Gerri at her best yet again.
on 25 April 2012
Gerri Hill is the best writer and this is one of her classics she tells the story so well could not put this book down even more I didn't want to Best book to date. Its makes you believe that there really is such a thing as true love it makes you go off into another world even if it is just a book its nice to be somewhere else sometimes
on 9 January 2012
This book was a great read,I read it in a day! It had a genuine romantic feel about it, all round a lovely lesbian romance story. Gerri Hill is a great writer and so easy to read. I reccomend this book to people who want to read a proper feel good book :)
on 23 July 2013
I have enjoyed all of Gerri Hill's books, but this was my favourite yet. It had a great storyline some sad bits, but always held me, right to the end. Read it, you will enjoy it too.
on 10 October 2013
I really enjoyed this book. The two main character's were interesting and kept me glued to the book till the end. The book was short. But a good read for a few hours.