5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Invention
Published 15 months ago by Lunababymoonchild

3.0 out of 5 stars ... tried using as tge instructions on the board not easy to follow do dont know where to start
I hsve not tried using as tge instructions on the board not easy to follow do dont know where to start. If i want to make envelop say 5x 5 ins; the guides dont say ; you need paper of x by x in size. Not self e planatory. However, if shown how to use I am sure it will be easy in hindsight I will have to find youtube video. Someone I know has made xmas crackers using...
Published 7 months ago by amber

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Invention, 26 April 2014
This review is from: We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, Multi-Colour (Office Product)
This board is ideal in every way for making envelopes. The envelopes are precise and professional looking and take very little time. They also have the peaked flap at the back, even for rectangular cards, which I like. I've always made envelopes to match cards and not the other way around so this tool is ideal for me and I really wish that I had invented it! It is so much easier than using an ordinary score board. The punch on this board makes the gaps between the sides look so professional and does away with the need for a crafting knife and I appreciate the corner rounder on the other side of the punch which makes the envelope flaps look so much more professional and thus the overall envelope is very aesthetic indeed. And they all come out square! No more squinty envelopes.

As has already been pointed out, there are tutorials on YouTube for this board and the myriad of other things that it can make too so not just a one trick pony, which is also useful for crafters.

A word of warning though. This board has been created for the American market and all measurements, including the enclosed centimetre equivalent, are for American sizes of paper/card, which are different to British sizes of paper/card. And I don't mean just because America uses imperial measurements, they don't know what A4 is, for example. It doesn't seem to be holding back other reviewers but I thought I'd mention it, especially since a lot of thought has clearly been put into all other aspects of this board.

All in all, buy it, you won't regret it. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little envelope maker!!, 26 July 2014
Steve.J (Glos. UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this item for my wife, who as a crafter, said it was a ‘must have’ after she had used a friend’s. It makes great envelopes and is so easy to use. She does give a word of warning though - always start with the right size paper and no matter what size the finished envelope, your paper is always square to start with. The board has instructions printed on it, and imperial measurements (inches) for the card size and the paper size to use for the envelope. These instructions were followed and in no time at all made some envelopes for the first time ever! There is also a glossy instruction leaflet giving slightly clearer instructions with pictures. On the leaflet, the measurements are all in metric (cm) and there is a printing error – the last card size is shown as 12.2 x 21.6, this should read 15.2 x 21.6. The board itself is small at only 10.5” x 7.5” (27cm x 19cm) and lightweight with the creasing tool stored in groove underneath when not in use. It has two built in punches, to take out notches where the folds come together and another to round of the corner of the envelope flap. It must be said that it is a very neat unit. This gadget will make 66 sizes of envelope, to fit a card size of 5.1cm x 9cm (2” x 3.5”) up to a maximum card size of 15.2cm x 21.6cm (6” x 8.5”).

Tips:
• Fabulous results were achieved when lining the flap with a matching paper to the background of the card to fit the envelope and when using scrap booking papers, with the pattern as a lining and the plain side outside.
• Crafters narrow double sided tape on a wheel was used to seal the sides and base and worked a treat
• Envelope gum can be bought if you want to add this option for sealing or use a narrow double sided (peel off backing) tape.

There are quite a few hints and tips in the other reviews for this product, so it is well worthwhile reading them to help get the best out of this piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good all round buy with just one negative, 25 July 2014
This board is just what I was looking for, clear instructions for making the perfect envelope for my handmade cards. The one negative which a friend of mine has found was with the 6x8 sizing as they made the envelope up as instructed and it didn't fit the card. I gather this is not unusual as while watching Create and Craft a while back s viewer had a similar problem and asked the demonstrator what to do about it.. The reply was that there should be information on your website ( which I have been unable to find) rectifying the problem.. There is also a video on You Tube addressing the same problem. Is this something you are aware of? Apart from that as yet I haven't made any envelopes which don't fit, I find the general speed and looks of the envelopes I have made are superior to those I have made with other boards. I would recommend this item as a must have for anyone's crafting accessories, it enables you to make envelopes to match your cards etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea., 27 Nov. 2013
I love this little board. It was designed to make envelopes but there's tutorials out there for making lot's of other things. Bags, boxes and even Christmas crackers. I've made loads of things already and will use it a lot. Arrived well packaged and within 3 days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tool, tricky to do the bigger sizes., 13 Nov. 2013
I've had a lot of fun making envelopes for some small cards I have been making. I've had it a month now so it takes me less than a minute to make an envelope. My only problem came last night when I decided I wanted to make the biggest envelope on the board. I couldn't score far enough to make it. I tried to line up the score line with my scoring board (which I had handy as I was wondering how to score further than the punch board) and it was a disaster. The measurements are there which is fantastic, but the size of the board is just not big enough for the larger envelopes. I have had to buy a gift box score board (also by We are Memory Keepers) to allow me to make a longer score line, but it has not yet arrived so I will have to make do with only making smaller envelopes for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Punch Board, 20 Nov. 2013
I love it, it is so easy to make envelopes now without all the measuring. The only thing I would say is its a pity it doesn't make bigger envelopes. Otherwise thumbs up

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 18 Nov. 2014
I am really loving this board.
Only made one trial envelope and it came out perfect!

The size I'm going to want most often is the C6 size for a card made from folding one sheet of A5 card.

If you look at the (A-6) instructions on the sticker it requires a square of paper measuring 22.5 x 22.5cm
This would mean that you wouldn't be able to use an A4 sheet of paper that is only 21cm across

But if you use the 10.2 x 15.2cm setting with a square measuring 21 x 21cm and line it up at 8.6 for the first cut and score it works perfectly without any further measuring as I'd seen on a couple of YouTube videos.
All you need to do then is fold over the corner of the bottom flap (or cut it off).

I'm off now to make card templates for the 21cm square to make it really fast to draw the line and then cut the paper with a craft knife and for the bit I need to trim from the bottom flap to make it line up perfectly.

The card fits perfectly :-)

Looking forward to trying out odd sizes as and when I need them and making other things such as bows etc. but even if all it could do was make it that fast and easy to make an envelope to fit my usual size card it would be well worth the money.

Definitely recommend this product :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Feb. 2015
This is great and easy to follow, not only does it make envelopes but also boxes. With the larger envelopes score as far as possible then take off the paper and just fold along the score line to the end then put it back in place. The left hand column is for the card size, the middle is the size of the paper you need and the last column is the scoring line you will use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective and versatile, 1 May 2015
Peter Bloomfield (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent product which came in handy for making unusual envelope sizes for our wedding invitations. The instructions are easy to follow and the envelopes it produces look great. It takes quite a close attention to detail to make sure everything lines up correctly though, so a little bit of patience is required.

I have two small criticisms about the board. The first issue is that the score line is not quite long enough for the larger envelope sizes. This means it's easy to score off the edge of the board, which can damage your paper. It's entirely possible to workaround this though -- it's a just a minor annoyance if you're making larger envelopes.

The second issue I've found is that the reverse punch on the back (for rounding the corners) doesn't always seem to give a perfectly clean cut. It seems to depend on paper type though. That punch is really only for aesthetic value so it doesn't affect the structure of the envelope you produce. You can avoid the problem by using a separate corner punch if you have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my collection of craft items, 21 April 2014
Great for envelopes and so much more. There are some very good videos and tutorials which show you how to get started. Fantastic for making boxes, crackers, baskets and envelopes. It feels quite small and flimsy to begin with but it's really strong and the built in punches work very well. Good value for money.

We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, Multi-Colour