4.0 out of 5 stars A must for Warhammer fans
Despite not playing Warhammer for quite some time, the moment I first heard about this film I couldn't wait to see what it would turn out like. It's planned to be the first of many Warhammer films and I found it interesting that they decided to go down the animated film route, rather than live action. Interested to see what would be done, I was definitely not...
Published on 13 Jun. 2013 by K. Daniels

3.0 out of 5 stars It is ok for fanboys
I am a W40K fanboy, so I am completely bias. I basically forced my wife hehe, to watch this with me, but was a bit embarrassed at times because the movie is reaaaaallly sloooooooow at times. You expect a movie like this to be more fast paced, to be pumped up with adrenaline during the fights but the movie always foreshadowed what will most probably happen next, and it did...
Published 15 months ago by Varathius

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars For 40k fans, 24 Sept. 2011
Lets be blunt here this is a movie for warhammer 40k fans and if you are one or just love space marines this is a great film.

If you are not a fan however then it is only an average quality film with okay-ish animation and a storyline and cast that won't make any sense to you.

I actually enjoyed it, but then I knew the background and characters involved before I watched it.

The other bad point is the price it should be a budget film by now not the same price as new releases.

Lets hope a better one is released that is more watchable by a wider audience.

Hope this helps

1.0 out of 5 stars Cringe Worthy, 4 Mar. 2015
I really didn't enjoy this.
I am a 40k fan and still play the tabletop game (as space marines) but I just cant like this movie.
Cheaply done, cheesy, lack of plot.
Seems like it is done for kids really.

Some of you might disagree but if I can sum it up in one word it would be cringeworthy (I made that into one word)
Rather stick to the novels

2.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportunity for Relic/Games Workshop, 21 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie Blu-ray (Blu-ray)
Don't expect a lot and you won't be disappointed. The animation isn't great, story was poor. But voice talent was good. It's a shame they missed a really good opportunity to good with this. Having Dan Abnett as the writer has given people the impression that it will as good as his books. I don't rate him really Graham McNeil much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy For All Warhammer 40K Fans., 14 Aug. 2014
Loved it, I hope that more amazing quality Warhammer 40K Animated movies are made, maybe to feature other famous actors playing the other popular Space Marine Chapters, like the Space Wolves, Blood Angels etc with the Space Orks & Goblins are the enemy. Sean Pertwee & Terence Stamp were well chosen for this animated sci-fi drama.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fanboy film, 25 Jun. 2014
Great short story for the film.
The voice acting is fantastic.
CGI lets this film down. At times the CGI fails and you can see through some of the characters and see things that are behind them. the back ground in the ship is very detailed.

Good first attempt, hope they build on it with more and better films in the future

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 10 Jun. 2014
MR - See all my reviews
As with all things based in a fantasy universe, there are bits you will recognise, and other bits you will think 'that's not how I imagined it!'. But, overall, it's a good take on the 40k / Space Marine idea, and done pretty well with some (fairly) famous voice actors. Worth a shot if the price is right.

4.0 out of 5 stars As I imagined it, 6 April 2014
The Warhammer universe comes to life in this movie, in a way very similar to what I see in my mind. Good graphics, relevant content, interesting storyline.

5.0 out of 5 stars pleasant surprise, 21 Feb. 2014
I want sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised how good it was . Added to my impression of the feel of the w40k Universe. A number of my friends also commented the same and may purchase. Well worth a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 1 Jan. 2014
Love the Warhammer universe, this is a great film with a few inconsistencies but does not really spoil what is a good film. Hope for more films to come and with the cgi of today the graphics and characters can be brought more to life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would love to see more, 28 Oct. 2013
The movie is great!

Hope to see more 40k movies. It will be even greater if it is acted by real actors!

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie Blu-ray
Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie Blu-ray by Martyn Pick (Blu-ray - 2013)