4.0 out of 5 stars A must for Warhammer fans
Despite not playing Warhammer for quite some time, the moment I first heard about this film I couldn't wait to see what it would turn out like. It's planned to be the first of many Warhammer films and I found it interesting that they decided to go down the animated film route, rather than live action. Interested to see what would be done, I was definitely not...
Published 13 months ago by K. Daniels

3.0 out of 5 stars It is ok for fanboys
I am a W40K fanboy, so I am completely bias. I basically forced my wife hehe, to watch this with me, but was a bit embarrassed at times because the movie is reaaaaallly sloooooooow at times. You expect a movie like this to be more fast paced, to be pumped up with adrenaline during the fights but the movie always foreshadowed what will most probably happen next, and it did...
Published 3 months ago by G. M. Philipp

5.0 out of 5 stars What I think, 3 Feb 2012
I think some people whould say is not all that good, but I say you need to watch it more than ones and then you start get an under standing of the movie, but to me I think its one of the best and its about time a Warhammer 40,000 Movie came out! I can say the story line for it and the movie is great also I would say get it if your a Warhammer 40,000 fan, but remember its not like a Dawn of War game thats got action every 2 minis so you need to be opened mined a bit give it a chance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best 40k film ever, 19 Sep 2011
This is one of the greatest 40k films made ever. The story will leave you on the edje of your seat. It's a great film for the warhammer 40k Ultrmarine fans and I would recomend it to all of my friends.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 2 Aug 2012
Disappointing to say the least, looks cheap even tho cost me double the price of a decent dvd. With so many great books coming out about the heresy they allow this to be made. The books are doing well all over the world bringing more people into the genre, well if they watch this first i wouldn`t expect them to pick up any of the books, but i guess this was for the fans which i am and all i feel is let down and ripped off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but short, 5 Jan 2012
Well the movie actually isn't that short but it feels like it ends when you think it's really gonna hit off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Languages ''available on DVD, 1 Dec 2011
Hello,

I need help please

I wanted to offer the collector to my son for Christmas but since it is unavailable I will offer him the BR. We are French, is it that someone can tell us if this DVD BR (or simple DVD) contain much the French language?

1.0 out of 5 stars Just a very poorly made film, 31 May 2012
D. Doherty "Correct" (UK) - See all my reviews
The script by Dan Abnett isn't as good as the fan base believe it is, because it's so much of the same old rubbish. This 'movie' feels like a children's matinee film I'd watch as a child, cobbled together from what somebody who has no ideas in their head thinks will satisy, and that's the big failure.

This film was made to satisfy a fan base, not entertain them. Throughout the production many excuses were made about the low budget and I remember being preached to at the 2010 Games Day screening about how "true fans" would support the effort. Well, I don't support this because it's rubbish.

Animation: For an animated film, a key asset is the animation. It looks like something homebrewed on blender. It's genuinely embarrassing to watch.
Story: Some Marines are cool and tough. Hate Chaos. See Chaos. Wonder about the nature of Chaos. Kill Chaos. I can be real man nao? Rubbish.
Voice Acting: Pretty good, get the audiobook of the film.

They got no money from Games Workshop to make this film and their shareholders should be glad. This film is abysmal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 31 Dec 2011
I am in my late 30s and have long followed War-hammer in all its forms, I have painted models, read the books and played the pc games. I was hoping this would be amazing and what I have been looking for but it falls short in every way. The animation looks cheap and the action is slow, also it may sound picky but I never imagined space marines to talk with London accents, I think using actors we recognize was a bad idea, it made them come across as normal people which they are not.

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs a negative star rating., 7 Feb 2013
This is what happens, when you set out to make something and forget to put your heart into it.

The director didn't care for it.
The writer just wrote it for a paycheck.
The animator didn't make an effort, cause the producer wouldn't pay them.
The voice talent had tons of talent, but noone cared what to do with it.

Just don't watch it.

2.0 out of 5 stars not a new release, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie [DVD] (DVD)
when I saw this movie in new releases I assumed it was a new film it is not. very disappointed have two copy's of the same film .

1.0 out of 5 stars Ultra-lite Marines, 16 Sep 2011
Unbearably slow,very boring and extremely disappointing. The animation is basic at best. for a movie based on a game primarily about warriors in the throng of uber-battle some 50 thousand years in the future; this fails on all levels. A wasted opportunity.

Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie [DVD]