5.0 out of 5 stars Great garage
I bought this garage after reading the other good reviews and we've not been disappointed, we got it on offer and it's worth every penny and my daughter loves playing with it.
Published 16 months ago by xforxray

1.0 out of 5 stars Attractive to display but disappointing as a toy
Published 2 months ago by Purple fox

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great garage, 24 Sept. 2013
This review is from: ELC Big City Wooden Garage (Toy)

1.0 out of 5 stars Attractive to display but disappointing as a toy, 5 Nov. 2014
Purple fox (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ELC Big City Wooden Garage (Toy)
Looks attractive and retro, but it's not really robust enough or fun enough as a toy compared with the other toy garages available. The ramps balance on an elastic string pulled taut, so they fall off all the time - at least they're quite easy to put back on, especially for adults who can quickly get the string to align with a shallow groove on the ramp (more fiddly for kids). The ramps are so steep and straight that the car provided just hurtles down both of them in a split second.

The lift is basically a box on a piece of string that you have to effortfully wind up by twisting the red knob on the helipad. That stiff twisting action is too difficult for our 3 year old, so he needs us to do it for him. The lift has broken a few times, but I guess an advantage of it being so Heath Robinson is that you can just thread the string back through and tie it back on.

Despite there being two petrol pumps, there's only one car, which is really tiny (I guess about 5-6 cm long, maybe). It looks like the pump nozzles should be able to fit into a hole, but the car doesn't have any holes. Only the upper deck is really accessible, because the different decks are so close together - little determined hands do manage to drive the car in them a bit, but it looks pretty uncomfortable.

Our son does play with it because it's his only toy like this, but we feel a bit sorry for him as he struggles to get the ramps to stay on, reach under the levels etc.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - brightly coloured but not well designed or safe., 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: ELC Big City Wooden Garage (Toy)
The trim is fixed on by little studs, which seem to have come out already (two weeks into use). The trim is one partially off. The little plastic studs are dangerous to me. They come out very easily and the toy is then dangerous. The ramps don't fix on- they are placed on top of the toy very loosely. When my son wheels a car down the ramp, the ramp frequently comes off. So they are no longer even near the toy. The petrol station and ramp and other little accoutrements are so tiny and not fixed on that they have long since disappeared. For this sort of price I expect the thing to be fixed together properly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and fiddley to put together, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: ELC Big City Wooden Garage (Toy)
We bought this for our 2 year old son for Christmas. It took my husband (a robotics engineer) over an hour to assemble. Two to three hours after he assembled it, the lift broke and we had to unmount the block and fix it, then remount. The lift keeps breaking and we don't even bother to fix it again as it takes so long to fix. Also, the ramps do not stay in place and all the little parts such as the petrol pump and the barriers are sort of afterthoughts and neither my 2 yr. old or 5 yr. old gives a toss about keeping up with these things to play with them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Big City Wooden Garage?, 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: ELC Big City Wooden Garage (Toy)
The material used was a laminated chip/fibre board not really wooden and it was too flimsy for some of the components. Repairs to fixing had to be made.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great garage with big problem, 7 Jan. 2014
This review is from: ELC Big City Wooden Garage (Toy)
Bought this garage for my 2yr old son's birthday. He instantly loved it, as we did, but there are a few issues. The ramps are kept in place by resting them on a piece of taught string across the top (the ramp has a lip to keep in place). There's no clicking into place so it's just loosely sitting there. This means that the ramp is often on the floor and he's playing guitar with the string, which worries me that it will break and there will no longer be a ramp at all. Surely there should be a way of fixing the ramps so they are solid? The other issue is that the 'barriers' can easily be pulled out, but this can be fixed by gluing them into place. So my only real issue, which is a big problem really, is that the ramps / strings are going to break. We'll see how long it lasts. A real shame as the rest of the garage is solid, colorful and my son loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars garage, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: ELC Big City Wooden Garage (Toy)
this garage was well packaged inside another box, and it was real value for money at only half the price quoted in the shop.it is a good solid well made product I am well pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect garage, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: ELC Big City Wooden Garage (Toy)
This was perfect for my lil boys birthday. He is 2 and absolutely loves it. Not to hard to assemble did it in 30 minutes. Study my son has sat on it and still on one piece. Great buy and not too eexpensive either good quality

3.0 out of 5 stars Big city wooden garage, 27 Dec. 2014
This review is from: ELC Big City Wooden Garage (Toy)
A good decent garage ruined by two pieces of elastic holding the ramps on, as soon as a car touches them they just fall off. And also little plastic rivets holding the red trim on are loose so if your child has a habit of putting things in their mouth it could be quite dangerous. Overall a good garage with a few poor designs.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the garage bought for my 3 year old grandson, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: ELC Big City Wooden Garage (Toy)
I love the garage bought for my 3 year old grandson, but would advise that it is completely self assembly. The assembly can take quite a while and so would advise anyone purchasing this item to buy well in advance and assemble early to avoid keeping excited youngsters waiting to play with their new toy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›