on 17 January 2013
I have an extensive collection of embroidery/textile craft books - I love them! Just when you think you can't possibly find a book as good as your best in the existing collection you come across a gem.

This book is packed with inspiration and very clear instructions for working stitches in threads, yarns and ribbons. There are also suggestions for what the stitch can create well. ie this stitch works well for... I was pleasantly surprised at the variation and distortion of 'well known' embroidery stitches. Montano has prepared little photographic samples of stitch combinations as well as clear instructions on how to create stitches.

If you are looking for a book with start to finish projects this, I would say, is not for you. However, if you want inspiration with a new take on working with fibres or just plan to leaf through and enjoy a thoroughly well written and illustrated book, it is a must have.
on 25 March 2013
If you love to hand stitch embroidery and want some inspiration then buy this book. Illustrations and drawings show you how to use the stitches in a real art form. This author understands embroidery and art from pesonal experience. You can design your own images or copy those in the book. I have shown it to friends who are now buying it too. Fab.
on 2 February 2013
The ideas in the book are so contemporary. I've never enjoyed embroidery so bought this book to see if I could start to like it. I loved it - using traditional stitches in a new and exciting way was so creative.
on 19 January 2013
This book is not only interesting to look at but really useful too. It gives suggestions for suitable stitches to reproduce or create trees, flowers ,coral etc . It shows how to use thread and fabric to 'paint' pictures ànd gives ideas on how to present finished pieces. There are lovely hand painted illustrations of a variety of trees and plants and advise on the combination of stitches required to reproduce them
on 7 April 2013
Very useful book.
Explains pictorially how to do the stitches, but even more importantly suggests when and where to use the stitches giving examples in Judith Baker Montano's own work.
I have the book on my kindle which is ok, but is in black and white , however I have found it incredibly useful in colour on my laptop, strategically positioned in front of me while working on my embroidery pieces.
on 19 February 2014
Innovative and imaginative ideas explained in a practical way. This writer thinks the same way I do, and I shall be reading this book over and over again, as well as using it as a reference book. ( I've already read it twice, and could not put it down.)
on 28 March 2013
Made me want to instantly rummage thought my photos, fabric and threads and get started on creating a master piece. The sort of book I'll keep going back to again and again. Love it, as I do her two embroidery stitch books.
on 15 December 2013
This book is a must have have for anybody who would like to expand their embroidery skills to their own designs. It is for anybody who is looking for inspiration for their own work.
on 10 May 2013
This is a fantastic book filled with soem intersting textile ideas and provides goodtutorials for people who may have nit trie dthese techniques before.
on 25 June 2013
I did some classes with Judith In Long Beach 2 years ago and loved her work. This book captures some lovely examples of her work and her easliy accessible teaching methods... I have already begun to use it and am sure i will use it lots, unlike some needlwork books which sit on my shelf more as picture books than tools.