1,128 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as the original controller, but comes in blue
I got this for a friend who wanted a second controller. When compared with the original controller that came with the console we could see no difference, apart from the obvious (the colour). The blue was good and exactly as described.

Published 2 months ago by Lee Rudd Ecology

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking but the rubber on analogue stick breaks easy
Great looking Controller and sony got the new controller right as feels alot better than the old PS3 controller but the rubber grip on the analogue stick wears easy and rips. Only used this one for 3 months and it has torn already.
Published 13 months ago by kirsty mellor

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as the original controller, but comes in blue, 1 Mar. 2015
Lee Rudd Ecology (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

I did think that it should have come with a usb lead for charging, but it didn't. But, it didn't claim it would so I can't really drop it a star.

Overall great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Controller that stands out from the rest, 31 Dec. 2014
At the time, I was forced to order this colour controller as Black and White were out of stock, and the others didn't seem appealing.

To say I am impressed is an understatement. Obviously it's just a controller, and DualShock 4 controllers are simply the best controllers to date, but the colour profile on these including the black/blue contrasting adds a nice level of detail that I love.

In addition, I'm sure it's just some form of strange effect, but the materials feel of higher quality on this controller than that found in the standard black DS4 controllers. It may be due to the blue coating or something to that effect, but it makes the controller feel all that more special to stand out from the rest.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking but the rubber on analogue stick breaks easy, 31 Mar. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but the build quality could be better, 1 July 2014
M. McMahon - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
I bought this controller intending to connect it to my Windows computer for retro gaming (I really like the D-Pad on Sony controllers) and the odd modern title here and there.

For that purpose, it fits the role magnificently. I can't find fault with this controller's design; it fits really well in my large hands and the buttons I need are easily reachable/press-able.

Unfortunately, the build quality leaves something to be desired. I'm not an intense gamer - I only play a few days every week, and for one or two hours at a time. The rubber coating on the left joystick has already started peeling off, which is quite worrying as I've not used it as much as the D-Pad. From web research this appears to be a common occurrence with the controller.

It's a shame, because it's really the only issue I personally have with this controller.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great controller with annoying flaws, 30 April 2015
Due to the appalling battery life of my original controllers and the fact the thumb sticks are falling to pieces (seriously bad on controllers with relatively little use) I bought this controller. Controller was DOA as the battery would not charge from the console which is a shame.

I do not agree with other reviewers that say this feels of higher quality than the original controllers, it's identical.

I really like the DS4 however, it's the best controller Sony have ever made and at least on a par with the Xbox one controller but battery life and thumb stick quality do let it down. This might be a personal thing but I also find the thumb sticks a little uncomfortable after prolonged use.
The area it destroys the Xbone controller however is thumb stick resistance. There is minimal resistance from the thumbsticks on the xbox one (the 360 controller was perfect) whereas the DS4 is again just right. This is however personal preference.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty appalling given the price, 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
Not impressed, I bought this in April 2014, to replace the black controller that came with my PS4 in Aug 2013 as it had already failed with a faulty left stick when it was only 8 months old. This replacement has now failed with a faulty R1 trigger after only 7 months. Pretty appalling given the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars PS4 Controller, 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
When your paying around £54 for a controller you expect the analog sticks to stay in shape, yet after a week of no more than 2 hours aday gaming the rubber parts start coming away from the stick itself. Which makes gaming really uncomfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy straightforward purchase. Product as expected., 14 Dec. 2014
The seller was superb. No issues with delivery. Can't really be held to account for Sony quality, but the materials on the thumb sticks is shoddy, and this replaces a broken dual shock. One star missing for Sony.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
I've heard loads of negative stories about these breaking and the rubber coming off the control sticks. I've had mine for 4 months so far and it's as good as new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rubber fading?, 22 April 2015
I've seen loads of comments about rubber fading and triggers breaking I've had my PS4 and extra controller since November 2013 never once has the triggers squeaked broke and the analog grip is still like new bearing in mind I play on mine at least 30+ hours a week and the battery life I can charge for about 3 hours (whilst playing) and I won't have to charge it till 4-5 days later best controller and console ever just hope sony keep it going into the next console and look after your controllers better

Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4)