4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but the build quality could be better
I bought this controller intending to connect it to my Windows computer for retro gaming (I really like the D-Pad on Sony controllers) and the odd modern title here and there.

Published 29 days ago by M. McMahon

2.0 out of 5 stars Great at first
Published 29 days ago by Nubooo

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but the build quality could be better, 1 July 2014
M. McMahon - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)

For that purpose, it fits the role magnificently. I can't find fault with this controller's design; it fits really well in my large hands and the buttons I need are easily reachable/press-able.

Unfortunately, the build quality leaves something to be desired. I'm not an intense gamer - I only play a few days every week, and for one or two hours at a time. The rubber coating on the left joystick has already started peeling off, which is quite worrying as I've not used it as much as the D-Pad. From web research this appears to be a common occurrence with the controller.

It's a shame, because it's really the only issue I personally have with this controller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
Does what it's supposed to do, good quality. Just a bit expensive to say it's just a controller. But, I would recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars Great at first, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
Looks good, feels very good, much better then the PS3 pad but,, breaks quick, I rarely play this console and im gentle with the analogue sticks but the left one has worn off, some people are ok with this in some of these reviews and are getting fairly defensive for Sony, but im not ok with this as they are expensive to replace, I can send back to Sony which I did for a replacement but that took 14 days and either way I shouldnt have to do this for something so new, the PS3 pad lasted years with no signs of wear so this clearly is a controller issue and not me, also the new pad seems to have a issue with the right trigger, getting frustrated but looking forward to Last of Us once its released and I get another Pad.

I was also an unfortunate one to recieve a faulty PS4, so my lucks not been great

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
Fantastic love this controller it is fantastic the dual shock 4 is the best yet , I would recommend having 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 6 weeks, now have to pay to send it to sony and wait 2 weeks, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
Poor quality. After 6 weeks the rubber on the stick split.

Shocking thing is Sony say it takes around 2 weeks for them to replace it and i need to pay for the postage too. Which is around 5. Having spent 55 on a controller..... terrible.

UPDATE: Within a day of writing this review my second controller has started showing signs of the rubber ring wearing off. Thats 2 of my 3 controllers now going back and me being 2 weeks without, oh and paying to send them back too.

3.0 out of 5 stars PS4 Controller, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
When your paying around 54 for a controller you expect the analog sticks to stay in shape, yet after a week of no more than 2 hours aday gaming the rubber parts start coming away from the stick itself. Which makes gaming really uncomfortable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed With Analogue Stick, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
I had no choice but to give it 1 star! The controller itself is amazing however I'm now on my fourth controller due to the rubber on the left analogue stick splitting. I also bought grips to go over the sticks however because I have small hands it meant I couldn't hold the stick properly and resulted in my finger slipping! Mad considering the point of these is to prevent slippage however it's due to my hand size. Sony really needs to sort this out as it's the only negative for what is an outstanding console. Otherwise it would have been 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Made in China piece of S***!, 25 July 2014
Hans Faurby Hansen "Viking" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
I have two DS4's now and the rubber on both of them is falling off. The left analog stick - Sony!!!!

Am I willing to pay for postage to get it replaced... ? NO!!! You should just send me some new sticks or stick covers. This is a disgrace.

I normally love everything Sony makes... but this is not okay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Says what it does, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
Says what it does, Works well and is now my main controller as my other one broke down. Although packaging was a bit too much for a small box.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Controller, Shame About The Rubber Grip, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4) (Accessory)
When I bought my PS4 I bought an extra controller as I always like to have one fully charged while using another. The controllers are fantastic, best ones for a PlayStation yet. No faults with any of the buttons or triggers, but I do have two issues.

1. The battery will only last around 6-8 hrs, 6 with continuous use, note though, the lightbar has little impact on the battery. Your best bet is to buy 2 controllers.

2. It seems there is a fault with the early batches, which both my controllers seem to be a part of. The rubber used on the sticks in the early batch wears away quickly and eventually splits. Mostly on the left stick as that is the most used one.

Apart from the fault with the rubber there is nothing wrong at all, and that is the only reason i've given 3 stars. The DS4 is definitely a 4 star controller, but the fault with the rubber knocks it down to 3.

I've read that the issue with the rubber has now been resolved but what I want to know now is are the controllers on sale here the latest ones or are there still some from the early batch.

Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4)
44.57