4.0 out of 5 stars Worth spending your money on
I was a bit undecided whether this was a 3.5 or a 4 star read but then I thought what the heck, I was pretty much glued to it to find out the outcome and I read it very quickly.

Published 16 months ago by An avid reader.

3.0 out of 5 stars Demon at my Door
Natalie was five years old when she sold her soul to a demon in order to save her mother's life, she didn't understand what she was really giving up but that isn't going to stop the demon from collecting his payment when she reaches her 21st birthday. Ever since she told people about the demon she has been treated as a crazy outcast by her family and by people at school...
Published 16 months ago by Sarah (Feeling Fictional)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth spending your money on, 2 Mar 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Demon at My Door (Kindle Edition)

Natalie had a shock with Rick wanting to talk to her when she was let's face it the school's misfit and pretty much left to her own devices. His character was great fun, his dialogue was entertaining and let's face it he was hot with a capital H. Stewart also plays a big part in this book who is also a dream worthy alpha. So that can't be bad we get two hot bods in this book. Although if your like me at one point your gonna want to smack one of them a few times, can't say anymore as I don't want to give it away.

This book is pretty hard to review without giving anything away. All I can say is, it's a good take on paranormal and demons, it's written that it hooks you in straight away. It's not full of sex although it does have some 'steam' within.

If you like paranormal and a change from vamps then my guess is you'll thoroughly enjoy this book, it is definitely worth spending your cash on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fall in love with a demon, 21 Feb 2013
Amazon Customer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Demon at My Door (Kindle Edition)
Michelle A. Valentine is fast becoming one of my favourite authors to watch. After reading and subsequently loving Rock the Heart, I fell in love with her writing style and so when I found out that she had written a New Adult paranormal romance? I WAS ALL OVER IT. Demon at my Door is her third published novel to date and definitely one that's worth picking up. You may not think you could fall for a demon but trust me; you definitely can, especially if Michelle has anything to do with it ;) It goes without saying that as this is a New Adult novel, there are mature themes and scenes containing sexual content. It's not too heavy but if you prefer clean reads, this is not the book for you. For everyone else, you're going to love it.

Natalie is the protagonist of the story and a girl fast approaching her twenty first birthday. When she was five years old, she made a deal with a demon to save her mother's life and he's coming back to collect. Only, there's more to this deal than meets the eye. I mean, he's never left anyone alive as long as Natalie before. The question is, why? And can she get her soul back from him before he takes it?

There's so much I love about this story - the humour, the drama, the romance, the tension and especially the characters. Often in stories we swoon for the bad boy turned good but Rick..is different. He is a good guy gone bad, trying to be good and that melts my heart and my panties right off. I can't say too much about the plot for fear of ruining it but he'll do anything to keep Natalie safe, even from himself. Be still my beating heart.

I have to say at this point that as with most self published books, there are some editing issues and it would be wrong of me to omit this information. However, if you can look past that, you will find a truly entertaining story and one that you can't put down.

I do believe there is a real gap in the market right now for New Adult paranormal stories and this book fills that gap quite nicely for me. The only problem now is that I want more. I'm desperate for a sequel as there's a lot of material to expand on here and I need to know what happens next. This could potentially just be the beginning for Rick and Natalie and that my friends, is music to my ears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Demon at My Door (Kindle Edition)
I really truly enjoyed reading this book & i will look forward to reading michelle other books especially rock the band & rock the heart.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4/5 stars., 21 April 2013
From whirlwindbooks.

The moment I found out the amazing Michelle Valentine was writing a paranormal Romance I nearly wee'd myself in excitement. I am a huge paranormal romance fan and so far I have enjoyed everything I have read from Michelle so I knew this was a must read and I knew it was going to be amazing.

He lowers himself to a standing position in front of me with ease. "Not just a demon, I'm your demon,"

We start off meeting Natalie who as you learn traded her soul with a demon for the life of her mother, at the age of 21 her soul will no longer be her own but what that means she has no idea. All Natalie knows is she will do whatever it takes to try and keep a hole of her soul and keep her life on track.

"You belong to me now, and I'll be back to get yo after your twenty-first birthday, when the time is right. No one else can touch you until then and I'll always be around to make sure."

Natalie has become a loner at school everyone knows her as a freak girl who talks about demons, but one day that appears to change when a new guy comes to her school and seems to take an interest in her and not care about the social stigma that surrounds her.

"All souls are reborn until they make a deal with a demon and commit themselves to do Satan's work. If you don't make a deal then you just keep getting reborn over and over."

Things seem to be looking up for Natalie she meets Rick, He doesn't seem to care that she's a social outcast. Then after everything she has been through comes to find Rick is not at all what he appeared to be. Rick is the very demon her soul was promised to. Now we have a conundrum because now Natalie has a few things to figure out. Like how to save her soul from the demon she promised it to, And at what lengths is Natalie willing to go for releasing her soul.

"Shut up. I'm serious. I'm really damned."
"Not if I can help it. I'll help get you off the naughty list."

This book was an excellent debut into paranormal romance from Michelle and I cannot wait to read more from her in this genre, in fact I might even go as far as to say this was the best thing I have read from her yet as I felt I really connected with the story and characters.

"Stay away from me. You evil bastard!" He steps closer. "I can't. You belong to me. We have to stay together. It's more important now, than ever."

This is a story that everyone should read, it ticks so many boxes and for people who are not so keen on paranormal there is also an amazing love story and some rather hot scenes that make you fall in love with Rick and make you wish you had your own version to take home.

"You need to believe that I love you. You mean everything to me. I'd never hurt you."

4.0 out of 5 stars Michelle A. Valentine writes paranormal so well!, 2 April 2013
Book Passion for Life (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Demon at My Door (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, it ticked a lot of boxes for me... I can't really add anything to the synopsis as it's really accurate of what can be told about the plot. It was such a pleasure to read though and a bit different to the books with demons that I'm used to reading. I liked all of the characters, Natalie is cool, I liked everything about her form her clothes to her outlook on life, I liked most of her attitude except for the `secret boyfriend' scenario which seemed a bit out of character for a person who didn't really care what people thought of her (unless it was meant to be a front). I loved when Rick came into her life and we see her blossom, coming out from the darkness to live a little.

Rick was great too, I have to be honest, I knew his deal straight away but I still loved it & loved the heat between those two. At the centre of the storyline of course is the deal for her soul, it's due to come around so that features heavily in the plot as she decides to fight and try to rid herself of her demon before he can make her into his minion. There is also heavy emphasis on a love triangle too, she dithers between the two men, making her mind up one minute then changing it the next, It was wearing thin but I'm glad it wasn't over done where she was spending time with & playing one against the other, I had a favourite from the outset soo wanted them to spend as much time as possible together ;) it may seem a straightforward plot but there are few little twists and turns along the way to keep you on your toes and more than one person hiding something - be prepared for a couple of wth moments. The pacing was great too and I was never bored, I'm actually hoping for a follow up because whilst everything was wrapped up at the ending, it still has various ways it could go and you feel like you just got to know the characters but they have the potential to give more.... And I would like more - great book though and definitely worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Demon at My Door (Kindle Edition)
It's So nice to finally review a book that was well written and that had a good storyline. I have to admit that it was a bit young for me,a sort of Cross between YA and adult but it was engaging and I loved the idea behind the story. It had a sense of humour and you want to know what will happen to the characters. Yes there were some mistakes but in retrospect to what I've been reading lately this was a breeze. Well worth the 4 Stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Demon Love, 18 Mar 2013
Book Angel Emma (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Demon at My Door (Paperback)
Unfortunately the synopsis gives a lot of the story away, however I can tell you that there are some very surprising twists within the plot. I have to tell you that I never ever thought I would fall for a demon much less one with a moving snake tattoo (shudders) but Rick just blows me away.

The plot is complex and multi-layered mixing romance, relationships and family bonds with the battle of good versus evil. Told in first person narrative from Natalie's point of view. At the beginning of the book she is an emo/goth character. Although she agreed to give her soul to save her mother, the relationship she has had with her mother has been strained. Natalie has been basically ostracized by her peers due to her obsession with demons; however, things change in all areas when the new boy in school, Rick, befriends her. Followed by a makeover from her sister all leads to a softening of attitude from her mother and classmates.

Rick is an intense character but devastatingly charming as well as smokin' hot, there is so much more to him than meets the eye but underneath you can just tell he is a good guy. The detail of the demon transactions and soul collecting was very well thought out and executed. The way in which people hide parts of themselves, carry inner secrets if you will, was poignantly portrayed within the narrative. The line between good and evil is truly blurred in this book.

Mixing the idea of a soul-mate connection with demons gave it a unique perspective. Begging the question would you give your soul for the person you love and would they give theirs in return.

I am so glad that there is to be a sequel because I seriously cannot get enough of Rick, I really hope we see more of his point of view in book 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book !, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Demon at My Door (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book,even though it was different from my normal reads.Fell in love with the characters especially Rick!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars great read, 6 Mar 2013
loumar (Perth scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Demon at My Door (Kindle Edition)
I really liked this book I want my very own demon!! Good story moved at a good pace only one hot scene( dang it ) but hope there will be more books x

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoping for a series, 4 Mar 2013
Caroline for [...]
Copy received from author in exchange for an honest review

I first came across Michelle A Valentines's work via Emma Davies. Tweeting as @BookAngel_Emma she shared how much she was enjoying reading Rock The Band( Black Falcon 1.5), the sequel novella to Michelle's Rock The Heart (Black Falcon series book 1). Having followed Emma for some time and enjoyed tweeting with her about our mutual love of contemporary new adult fiction, particularly the tattooed bad boys contained within, I knew that I had very similar tastes to her. I immediately downloaded and read Rock The Heart in one evening , followed by Rock The Band the following night.

Gutted to realize that I would have to wait until March for the continuation of the Black Falcon series, I read the excerpt of Demon At My Door, contained at the end of Rock The Band, with some interest. Impressed with the imagery and world building contained within that sample chapter, I set about emailing the author to request an advance copy, for the purpose of review.

With just 200 pages, Demon At My Door was a fast paced paranormal romance just begging to be read in a single sitting. Who was I to disappoint?

The plot itself is fairly predictable, the blurb pretty much covers the major points of the story, and as readers we are provided with some very obvious clues. Never the less I was immediately drawn in to Natalie's story. Rather than be frustrated at Natalie's obliviousness of Rick's true nature I found myself racing though the pages to find out when "the penny would drop" (Michelle's timing was spot on in this regard *laughs evilly *) and how on earth she was going to win back her soul and straighten up the mess her life had become.

As with her contemporary romance series, what Michelle really excelled at was creating chemistry between her main characters. So much so that I found myself rooting for Natalie to get over Stew, the football playing boy next door, and get it on already with Rick, the soul stealing demon who's interference had over shadowed most of her childhood (what can I say, I love a bad boy).

While the book finished in the absence of a cliffhanger, Michelle obviously has much more in store for Natalie, Rick and Stew, in what promises to be the start a fun new series from the self published author.

Verdict: Demon At My Door was a quick, easy and enjoyable read. I won't hesitate to download a future sequel. Meanwhile, the count down to the release of Rock My Bed (Black Falcon book 2) continues.

Demon at My Door