4.0 out of 5 stars Quick overview - easily understood
Short and informative book. Recently developed a wheat intolerance which I just found that for me also covers barley (beer!) and so am to be tested for coeliac. Didn't enjoy reading about potential medical procedures - but at least I know now.

Published 18 months ago by Gareth Gadd

1.0 out of 5 stars where's the recipes? Near the end of the book
Published 2 months ago by Miss Betty

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick overview - easily understood, 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Jump Start Your Gluten-Free Diet! Living with Celiac / Coeliac Disease & Gluten Intolerance (Kindle Edition)

Recipes are good but for me not necessary because I'm proficient enough to make things up given a few ingredients. In fact, I am not a fan of processed food so it's not a great hardship switching to a full gluten free diet - it just makes shopping quite hard for some prepacked ingredients.

A bit too US centric for me so lost a star but all in all a great place to start and a very quick read.

5.0 out of 5 stars David, 7 Nov. 2013
My 11year old son has just been diagnosed with coeliac disease I am sure this book is going to help and guide us throughout this difficult time .

4.0 out of 5 stars gluten free, 23 Sept. 2013
the book went into detail to explain what coeliac disease is and how to
repair the gut so the body can start to repair itself

1.0 out of 5 stars where's the recipes? Near the end of the book, 22 April 2015
Too much unnecessary guff that I didn't find relevant. I needed to find out how to adjust my lifestyle with inspiring recipes not the ins and out of what gluten does for 20 or so pages, I can sum that up in one sentence. It makes a coeliac ill. There are a few recipes but near the end of the book and as its American written some of the ingredients may not be easily available in the UK.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starter, 1 Sept. 2013
Good basic information but very US-centric so you have to research facilities and support in your own country.
I really like the point made about asymptomatic coeliac's as this is rarely discussed in other books

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for starters, 15 Aug. 2013
Read if you want to learn more about gluten free diets to help your disease.

Try also recipe section. Great book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Had some very interesting information ., 27 Aug. 2014
this book is very useful if you live in America but all the references it made to associations had to bearing to those cioeliacs that live in the UK. also why does it continue to keep repeating itself in each chapter I found it difficult to keep up my interest when this kept happening

4.0 out of 5 stars gluten free diet, 16 July 2013
good research and very useful start on a unknown thing for me all good for free thank you very much

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the beginner who has no knowledge of Celiac ..., 25 Dec. 2014
Mrs. Janet M. Brown "Jan Brown" (Carnoustie , Scotland) - See all my reviews
Good for the beginner who has no knowledge of Celiac disease but not very helpful if you are looking for recipes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 4 May 2015
to much waffle to get through, little information that one would really like

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›