Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: DVDChange

on 6 August 2013
Having thoroughly enjoyed series 1 and series 2 I was looking forward to this one.
It seemed that they just wanted to do a series 3 but really had no idea, or plot, on how to go about it. It is based in Cape Town, South Africa (where I live) and quite a bit of the city and surrounds can be seen. However, they have taken, rather loosely, some of the 'ideas' people have about South Africa and to an extent have blown them out of proportion. So in my eyes at least the whole thing was very poor. Added to that there are some very basic errors in procedure - I don't want to give specific details, so as not to spoil it for people who will watch it.
Overall it has put me off Mad Dogs completely and I probably won't purchase the next series - which I believe is the final one.
on 22 May 2014
Agree with the comments about it not being quite as good as the previous two series, but my wife and I loved it nonetheless and watched all four episodes back to back. It's worth watching for the quality of the acting and the rapport between the four main actors. It may not have had the impact f the first two series, but I love the quirkiness of it and the black humour.
on 2 June 2014
Series 1 was fantastic, series 2 was a quick cash-in on the back of series 1 but still very good.
Series 3 is poor, really poor. The actors just go through the motions. Jaime Winstone ruins whatever scenes she appears in. Too many loose ends, too many ridiculous scenarios and too many clichés make this a VERY disappointing addition to the series.
I have series 4 waiting to be watched, but after this ropey and uninspiring offering, I'm going to wait a week or so, I was THAT disappointed.
Even Glenister, Simm, Beasley and Warren looked like they rather be elsewhere.........but just goes to show if you offer them enough money and a great location, they're 'IN'
on 7 March 2014
The first year had some wildly amusing black humor and an interesting situation, compounded by the protagonist's bad choices. However, with each series it becomes more drawn out, repetitive and ridiculous without becoming more funny (in fact, quite the opposite). I am mystified why the concept could not have been wrapped up with a single additional episode to the first series, other than to provide all involved their annual holiday in the sun with their acting friends. Fortunately these fine actors seem to have found other projects.
on 23 August 2013
I couldnt wait for Season 3 as I loved 1 & 2. They were funny, gritty and highly entertaining. Now fast forward to the awful Season 3!! I was totally dissapointed in this 2nd rate attempt. It is set in Cape Town - a place I know well,but apart from enjoying the great scenery and familliar sights, this series has nothing going for it. Also, dont get me started on the amateur actors obviously recruited from some South African drama group. Terrible all round, and I have no inclination to buy any further Seasons.
on 13 December 2013
Yay, it has English subtitles. Always handy. I just received the third series. Ordered it despite some negative comments here. I was too curious how the guys would fare... Well, I have to say, I was very much entertained. No, not as good as series 1 & 2 but the characters are maintained and more developed. I like the Mercedes character but she IS a bit TOO conveniently showing up at critical moments. I love Rick's mini-zombie / demon. It's more cute than scary and actually helping out at some point. Well the guys got themselves again in hilarious trouble and I am looking forward to the last series. Hope it will be a bit better again, more like series 1 and 2. This third series was slow here and there, and it had some "filler" sequences in it. I do not see that very often in Brit shows. The third series was still interesting enough, even in such a way that I was disappointed it was over and wanted to see more. The guys are friends against all odds, like so often in real life... that's why it is also appealing. Despite the incredible story, the guys are very much like real, imperfect people, making stupid mistakes or having a brilliant moment. I would say it was worth the money. But.. NO EXTRAS! that bites.
on 20 February 2014
After the brilliance of series 1, the evolving, captivating storyline in series 2, series 3 unfortunately falls in to the category of utter garbage. Lazy and ludicrous script, this series completely loses the plot - and any semblance of its dark humour. Nothing more than a money making exercise, this was quite simply atrocious. I hope the inevitable series 4 gets back to the quality of 1 and 2.
on 25 March 2014
I was looking forward to this having enjoyed the last two series. However it didn't live up to the high expectations that the previous two series set for it.

It is still very enjoyable as the actors bring the characters to life.
on 1 July 2013
Mad Dogs Season 3 unfortunately falls into that category of seasons where the it's milked for all it's worth. Season 1 was electric, brutal, unpredictable and a triumph for Sky. Season 2 was more of the same with more mysterious characters in a new location with added suspense. Season 3 is just.... tame. For all the tension and madness that was in previous seasons (remember, it's MAD dogs), none of it occurs here (apart from a long overdue 5 minutes in the final episode). It feels like an epilogue after the madness, all of which could have been done in 90 minutes.

The first episode occurs directly after season 2 and the second episode is two years later. I honestly have to say that in the latter three episodes not much really happens. So many side plots begin including tribes, blackmail and more and yet they just disappear or are mentioned in passing. It almost feels like a study in the character's relationships with each other than the crazy action adventure of the previous years, and that's it's problem, it's so out of sync.

I really wanted to like season 3 and it comes off worse because the first two seasons were so good, but I really could have passed on this. If you loved season 1 and/or season 2, just be aware it's tamer, less action packed and missing it's bite.

Sky have confirmed there will be two more episodes in the new year (2013/2014).
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2014
Not a lot to be said about this nonsense except that it gets an extra star for the good acting and even better locations. Watchable for the one liners and John Simm's portrayal of a middle aged loser who you keep expecting to man up and win the day but who just gets in deeper and deeper with every decision. Having now watched the last season's two episodes on TV, I'm glad that the writers kept true to form right to the end and hopefully it is really the end---or is it? I wouldn't be surprised if the boys decide to follow up in a few years when they feel like another jolly holiday in the sun