4.0 out of 5 stars Psychopaths Give You A. Headache, Ya Know?
Hans played by Christopher Walken is one of the surprises of this film, wry, iconic, and full of irony. He realizes before we do that 'psychopaths get tiring, ya know'? By the end of the film we know and agree.

Marty played so well by Colin Farrell is a writer in Hollywood, with, what else, writer's block,and a little bit of alcoholism. His character is a...
Published 17 months ago by prisrob

3.0 out of 5 stars One eyed guy....
A struggling screenwriter inadvertently becomes entangled in the Los Angeles criminal underworld after his oddball friends kidnap a gangster's beloved Shih Tzu....

After the wonderful In Bruges, Martin McDonagh had something to contend with in his follow up. and while the movie is funny and very clever in some aspects, sometimes it's almost too clever for it's...
Published 7 months ago by Mr. Corey S. Newcombe

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult Second Film?, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Seven Psychopaths [DVD] (DVD)
I loved In Bruges, a modern classic. Hilarious, quotable, touching and infinitely re-watchable.
I loved the trailer for Seven Psychopaths and was stunned by how great the cast was.
I left the film hugely disappointed though.
The film flows so freely and unfocused that for the first hour it still felt like the film was only starting and if you were to ask me the plot of the film, I'd struggle to explain it.
I also found it mostly unfunny, sometimes smile-inducing, never hilarious.
The cast make the film, everyone is on top form and Christopher Walken does a stunning Christopher Walken impression.
Seven Psychopaths is Martin McDonagh does Tarantino without any of the flair. Although when the cast is as solid as this, its impossible to completely dislike it and there's a GREAT film in here somewhere.

2.0 out of 5 stars My husband liked this but I didn't!, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Seven Psychopaths [DVD] (DVD)
Him indoors had had his eye on this for a while. We took it on holiday with us and settled down to watch it one evening. I couldn't watch it through to the end. I found it really dull and unengaging with gratuitous violence and poor performances. Not my cuppa tea I'm afraid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pants., 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Seven Psychopaths [DVD] (DVD)
I got really bored watching this film and although i like the actors and thought the storyline was a good idea i have not watched this film right through to the end.I kept expecting it to get better/funnier as i went on but in the end i gave up and switched it off!

3.0 out of 5 stars not sure, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Seven Psychopaths [DVD] (DVD)
Ive watched it twice now and i find it hard to get into cause it takes ages to get going, not too sure if i like !

4.0 out of 5 stars Less than the sum of its parts, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Seven Psychopaths [DVD] (DVD)
Michael McDonagh's first movie as a director was the universally acclaimed "In Bruges" so I was looking forward to "Seven Psychopaths". Along with McDonagh's reputation as a writer and director the movie has an excellent cast including Colin Farrell, Christopher Walken and Sam Rockwell.

However I was slightly disappointed. The movie starts slowly and I kept expecting it to "get going" but it never really did.

Colin Farrell plays a Hollywood screenwriter who is struggling to turn an idea, a movie about seven psychopaths, into a finished script. This may be because he spends a lot of time drinking with his deadbeat friend, played by Sam Rockwell. He is an actor between roles and wants to help Farrell's character finish the script but makes a living by kidnapping dogs and getting rewards from their owners when they are returned. Christopher Walken plays his partner in this "business". In the background we hear of a series of criminals being murdered by a vigilante.

The dog kidnappers get in way over their heads after kidnapping the beloved dog of a mobster, played by Woody Harrelson.

From here the movie switches between comedy, violence and thoughtful ruminations on friendship and the creative process but doesn't deal with any of them in a completely satisfactory way. There are echoes of Tarantino's movies in the setting and dialogue of many scenes.

An enjoyable movie but one that is less than the sum of its parts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average film, 16 May 2013
Colin Holcombe (Winterbourne: England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seven Psychopaths [DVD] (DVD)
Strange film, I quite enjoyed it but I probably won't watch it again. I shall not be recommending it to friends

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Crap Film, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Seven Psychopaths [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this film, because I had read lots of good reviews, both in various magazines and on several internet sites. I turned it off after about 45 minutes. What a load of crap this turned out to be, despite all of the positive critical reviews and feedback. The actors were all good, but there was virtually no understandable plot and it seemed as though the director was just trying to produce his own version of a Tarantino crime movie. It was also supposed to be very funny, but it was about as funny as being trapped in a lift for 12 hours with Paul Daniels and Davina McCall. I swear that I have laughed more at TV commercials than I did at this rubbish. It just proves that most film critics are out of touch and are not in tune with normal people and normal films. It also proves that you can't guarantee a film will be good, just because it has good actors in it. You still need a good script and director, which this film lacked both of. Two stars from me. I would have had more fun just staring at my blank TV screen for the total running time of this film. Total crap.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and very violent.., 30 Oct 2013
Morten Witzøe "SportyMorty" (Oslo, Norway) - See all my reviews
I really looked forward to watch this one as it seemed to be a funny 'crime comedy' and with several well-known actors. Even Tom Waits is here :-)
The actors do a fine job, but that is all from my point of view. The pace is rather slow, it is not funny at all, and it is violent. I don't like to watch people sawing heads off, with a lot of blood squirting all over..

Sorry, I didn't bother to watch the whole movie, and just pushed the buttons 'stop' and 'open' on my blu-ray player.

Morten, Oslo, Norway :-)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 9 Feb 2013
In my opinion the trailer was misleading to say the least, and the story didn't quite hit the mark of expectation with me, which is disappointing as i love all of the actors within the movie!

2.0 out of 5 stars didnt like film, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Seven Psychopaths [DVD] (DVD)
i liked that it didnt take long to get delvered but i wasnt overly keen on film as found it bit boring

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

Seven Psychopaths [DVD]
Seven Psychopaths [DVD] by Martin McDonagh (DVD - 2013)