on 3 June 2013
Bought it to work with two cheap outdoor wall-lights that we fitted at the corner of our property - our electrician fitted it easily and it works great.
on 31 January 2014
I mounted this just about 3m from the ground to power an LED flood in the eaves. So it is fitted in accordance with the instructions. It fails to detect anyone walking by, though if I stand on a ladder in front of it, it does notice me. It also has no vertical tilt, which is not obvious from the description or picture. I'll be replacing it with a different type. It probably works if you mount it around head height near an entrance door, but that's too short a range for my needs.

[Edit]
When I took it down I discovered that there is actually a little vertical tilt, but it's very stiff and very limited range. Now replaced with a Byron Elro ES90W which is doing a much better job. And costs less. Oh and this one had condensation inside the "sealed" globe, so even though the weather has been wet lately, I don't think IP44 means much on this device. Down to 1 star.
on 29 September 2013
For motion detection at the right price this is for you. The unit comes with lux and time controls, easy to fix and operate. Fast delivery
on 7 November 2013
Bought this as previous one just stopped working , easy to fit , works well.great value for money, fast service, as usual
on 26 March 2014
The timer works perfectly but the light/dark sensitivity doesn't work. It either has to be set high so that it works in daylight or it doesn't detect at all.
I have messed about with the settings and adjusted it just so it doesn't comeon in the day time only to find it won't detect at all.

My advice is spend a bit more and get something better.
on 30 December 2013
Fiddly to install.
Apparently impossible to calibrate correctly: it's either on all the time or, strangely, keeps flicking on and off.
I have asked the seller for advice but none yet forthcoming (2 weeks).
I've now bought a combined light with PIR, which works perfectly, so this first PIR has been a waste of money.
on 17 November 2013
Not very good I wired it to correct wiring and I still could not get it to word in the end I gave up
on 14 March 2014
I use this to trigger my CCTV recordings. the unit is very neat, is not obtrusive, works every time and represents good value for money.
on 17 July 2014
Don't waste your money, not fit for purpose. Looks great though. Why do they even bother to make it if doesn't function properly, cheap nasty rubbish, pay another couple of quid and get the Brennenstuhl 1170900, it's 10 times better
on 18 July 2014
Works as it should :) 6 months on
I mounted mine "vertically" (I.e. attached to the underside of the porch roof and pointing downwards) as our door is on the side of the house and we share a double driveway with the neighbour. Essentially I wanted it to operate the light if it was being approached from the front or the back of our house but not when our neighbour was walking by. That's the reason I picked a 180 degree sensor, not for the full left to full right but horizontal forward - ground - horizontal rearward.
And it works!