5.0 out of 5 stars This camera is the dog's nads
Published 10 months ago by A. Magee

1.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous Price for a Disposable Camera!
Published 4 months ago by E A CLARKE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This camera is the dog's nads, 14 Mar. 2014
A. Magee "AngieM" (Wales) - See all my reviews
I have a seriously expensive DSLR camera, which is beautiful, but big. And expensive. I cycle a lot and go out bashing around woods with my dogs and, since I live in Wales, I'm often getting wet. This camera feels chunky and it feels strong, but it also takes gorgeous, large, high quality images. It's also great for candid street photography. I bought it as a back up, but these days I use it more as my main camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous Price for a Disposable Camera!, 4 Sept. 2014
Other than the fact that you get a really annoying sound when taking videos and the timing of the recording means that you lose the last 2 seconds prior to you pressing the stop button this camera was proving to be extremely versatile. That was until I tried to use it underwater for only the second time. I followed all the instructions to the letter but due to what can only be the poor build quality a small amount of water got in and rendered it useless - hence the 1 star for the single occaision it managed to do its job. Quite a hefty price-tag for what was essentially a disposable underwater camera. Also worth checking what warranty cover you get if you are crazy enough to use this outside of the EU - you might be surprised. Avoid - you have been warned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaked in sea water, 13 Jun. 2013
I purchased the camera from Amazon.fr to complement my SLR for photos in the mountains, under water etc. I was a little apprehensive after reading earlier reviews on FT3/FT4 and the significant number of failures when used in salt water, but the optical quality attracted me. I also thought that Panasonic would certainly have corrected the sealing faults from previous versions. Also I am always very careful with my equipment, following all instructions from the manual (no more than 60 minutes under water, no immersion in depth > 13m, rinse after use in sea water, etc..), thus I thought I'd be safe.

Unfortunately, after the fourth day of underwater usage while snorkelling in Sardinia (never more than 3m deep, and never more than 30 minutes ...), it will not turn on anymore. The only good news is that the memory card is intact and I was able to download the pictures taken before the sudden death of the camera.

Moreover given the previous comments on limited concern from Panasonic to repair this type of failure for units still under warranty, I hesitate to send it to the service centre at my expense. I'm also curious to read comments from other buyers, especially after using it in sea for a few days.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, 14 Jun. 2014
Mr. Martin Brown (Romsey UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT5EB-A Compact Camera - Blue (16.1MP, 4.6x Optical Zoom with Leica DC Lens, Wi-Fi with NFC, 28mm Wide Angle, 12m Waterproof, 2m Shockproof, Freeze-Proof) (Electronics)
Yes, they go underwater and sometimes they leak. Frankly, the seals are not very obvious and there is no way of silicon greasing them like on a proper waterproof enclosure. It is not surprising that some people have had problems. It seems a bit of a lottery to me whether it leaks or not.

Above the surface it is takes reasonable pictures if you use the whole frame. They are not really sharp enough to do selective enlargements unless you can force/trick it into using f8 or thereabouts - fortunately there is a good solid tripod mount. For viewing on a tablet, phone or for a small print, the picture are fine but on a fairly large HD monitor or HDTV you can see the limitations. At 16MP they really should be far better than any HDTV will reveal.

Video is not quite up to GoPro standards but is clearly HD and is certainly acceptable.

Worst points: 1. The front finger grip is far too small. The camera is quite heavy and it can't be held securely with such a small grip. 2. I must mention those seals again. They should be obvious and grease-able.

Best points: 1. Exposure is good under most circumstances (so far). In iA mode it will recognise a backlit subject and automatically take a series of pictures to create a well exposed (HDR) image. It doesn't say that it is HDR but it is following the same process. 2. Sound on video is surprisingly good but it will of course pick up wind noise. 3. Time lapse is very welcome - but more choice of interval would be better. 4. Remote control and viewing from your phone (just like a GoPro) gives endless possibilities, not least spying from the next room ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING camera!, 18 Sept. 2014
AMAZING camera!!!! I am just delighted with this purchase, it delivers on every aspect! Do read through the manual before first use, especially for underwater use as there are specific instructions! Underwater pictures beautiful and clear, great colours! Outstanding compact camera with NFC and WiFi! Highly recommended :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money., 26 Oct. 2014
Pr Blandy - See all my reviews
Bought one from Amazon, looks and feels good, great pics and working GPS, however leaked in 1m when snorkling, service centre kindly sent a replacement, treated it with kids gloves, but second one leaked too, no replacement, lost my money, dont buy this rubbish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, Tons of function., 20 April 2013
Just bought this camera yesterday from the Panasonic store,
The staff are always friendly and approachable so I'd Highly recommend purchasing from there,
I managed to haggle my way from £305 down to £265 including a free battery, (remember, nothing has a fixed price...ever!)

I decided to buy this camera as a handy camera to go alongside my DSLR as I'm a professional photographer,
the usability of this camera is great, very easy to use once you've spent an hour or so familiarizing yourself with it all!
There is underwater functionality which I haven't had the privilege to use yet,(A function the camera is insistent on telling you every time you turn it on)

Panoramic shots are great with this camera, and it is very good in all types of lighting, the flash gives a cool blue lighting to the images creating a real
sharp look, you can also bracket shots in this camera which is a great function under manual, a function every camera should really have (taking photos in multiple exposures really quickly)

all in all so far its a 8/10 the only dissapointing feature is the fact there isn't a viewfinder, but to be honest, most compacts these days don't have them, and being savvy with cameras its
probably a function only I'd want!

a great 2nd camera, or a camera to give kids!
_______________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________
a quick round up of the camera in a few lines is:

Great functionality, Robust, Perfect for outdoors types or those who want a 2nd camera. Long lasting battery, tons of fun
(Great Value for money if you can get it for around £265 and under - 20/04/2013. expect a drop in July to around £220)

5.0 out of 5 stars Made for the job, 12 Sept. 2013
I bought this camera as I wanted to use it in water parks and whilst snorkeling in the Bahamas, one or two reviews I read said that there was leakage in to the camera, I can only think that this was caused by not being careful when closing the battery cover and ensuring there is no dirt present as I had no problems at all.

I have rated this 5 star as I think it looks good, manufacturing quality is superb, feels good to hold and is very simple to use. The underwater photos are a good quality, my only criticism would be that it is quite difficult to see what you are taking photos or video of when under water, I don't think this is anything to do with the camera more the environment.

I would recommend this camera to anyone who is after a point and shoot as it performed equally as well out of the water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 July 2014
Excellent camera, took to the Great Barrier Reef this year the results were amazing, battery life good be better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good underwater camera for snorkeling and reliable so far, 1 Jan. 2015
R. Charlton (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this to last summer when snorkeling. Used several times and no problems with water ingress or internal condensation.

It takes reasonable pictures both underwater and elsewhere.

I bought mine from John Lewis and could be a two year extensive extended warranty for little extra money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›