on 7 August 2014
Hmmm! Heavy duty implies what?
This sealer is only good for sealing very small bags. For example;- a small food waste bag for a countertop caddy is about the largest bag it can handle. Even then its a bit of a faff. You have to peel the tape off the reel and extend it well past the mouth. Then twist the bag tightly and insert the neck of the bag into the mouth of the machine and push down until the tape wraps around and cuts. Then you'll find that the end of the tape has gone into the mouth of the machine which you have to fish out and thats a pain because it's now stuck inside. The tape is not left on top to start the process again. This all takes longer than using a plain old bag tie.
I wanted something that could cope with tying the neck of 40 litre rubbish bags (that would be my definition of heavy duty) and I ended up with its silly kid brother.
NOTE: since writing the above review I saw other peoples comments and realised I wasn't using it correctly. That's due to very poor instructions. However now I've got used to it I can say it does work for small bags and I have therefore upgraded the star rating.
on 15 March 2013
It took a few attempts to get into the swing of things as the instructions are pretty basic (4 pictures!). Initially I thought it wasn't working properly as the tape kept disappearing inside and didn't keep lying across the top... However, I then realised that was what was supposed to happen! After this light-bulb moment, the sealer worked perfectly every time.

Pros: Metal construction seems sturdy, has fixing holes but worked perfectly well free-standing, quick and easy (once you get a few practice shots in)
Cons: I'm now looking for other things to seal....
on 21 March 2015
The machine was different than shown, not the same model design and it did not have a cutter. We did contact the seller to explain this and stated the machine was different in style and tapes a different cutter. The seller offered to change the colour of the tapes and seemed to ignore the fact it was a different model! and just quoted the number order?????????????? seemed to miss the fact that the model we had was definitely not as shown!. Although I gave one more star as the seller did say we could return if not happy. All we wanted was an exchange and the model we ordered delivered as shown but the seller seemed to miss that point and after two messages decided to keep it and use it as the cost was not too bad but will find alternative seller next time. if ti was not for the offer to return would have only rated one.
on 5 February 2014
Strong metal body, works very well. When you push the bag through the machine to tape you have the option to continue down to a cutter which trims the surplus bag off very neatly. Tape quality is fine. There is a "trigger" type plastic thing which I find needs re-setting every time otherwise the tape snaps with next use. You just put your finger into the hole and push the plastic thing back into position. No big deal but if it sprang back automatically it would be a 5 star rating. For the price this is a very good buy.
on 30 March 2013
sturdy, no sharp corners, worked really well without any difficulty, much faster than tying up bags to go in the freezer.
we thought this was really well made and with rubber pads to stop it slipping. provided it continues to work as well,
we are very pleased with it.
on 14 August 2013
Best bit of kit that I have bought for ages. It does exactly as it says. The machine itself is sturdy, the tape strong and is very, very easy to use. Excellent - would highly recommend.
on 24 September 2013
Does as it say's, so long as you have the neck of the bag to be sealed thick enough, I tend to twist & fold over then it works great..
on 10 January 2014
Great value. Does exactly what it should. Followed other reviewers tip to twist bag first and it works every time.
on 11 January 2015
Works a treat. Much bigger than the model I had previously but as I can no longer get the tapes for that one this has made a good replacement.
on 8 July 2014
Perfect, it seals the bags and saves having to tie them up

See one answered question