on 9 November 2013
You only have to look at the Kindle free books to know that it's mostly cynical exploitation by giving you a taster and tempting you to buy the next book in the series, and I have been known to buy more when the taster was good enough. However I do expect it to be a whole book, and this is only half a book - it doesn't wrap anything up and just stops, almost mid-paragraph.
The story was fairly well written. starting of with three seemingly totally disconnected threads which gradually converge to show the whole picture and that aspect worked quite well. However I hope people realise that if there is a grain of truth in it somewhere (which the write-up clearly states) then this is over-sensationalised to make an interesting story, and that it doesn't stop people from wanting to register as an organ donor, or wanting to receive a donated organ.
on 14 September 2013
I was impressed with this as I wasn't expecting too much being free. An interesting take on the transplant issue. I didn't give 5 stars as I was disappointed on how the story abruptly finished to hook you into getting the next one. Though I understand the reasoning for this I think everything was left too much in the air which gave the book an unfinished feel.
on 24 June 2015
"Wow" I feel as if I have been on a roller coaster ride.this book had me captivated from the minute I opened it. Leading me to go on and read not only book two, but also both books of Haunted from without. "What an imagination this author has". Truly gifted. I never read during the day unless on holiday, but I just could not put these books down. I felt compelled to read on, they were amazing, has me totally gripped from start to finish. Many thanks to the author. Highly recommend if you want a very good read.
on 21 November 2013
When are authors going to start writing good books withjout feeling the need to sensationalise and graphically describe extreme voilence. I have given up reading anything where it starts going down this road.
on 12 September 2013
Very good book, though found it hard keeping track of the characters. But it's the only way to introduce them. Looked forward to book two.
on 21 November 2013
Ian's description of the thought processes of a killer enjoying his actions was too much for me and I couldn't finish the book.
I enjoyed his book about the cloning of Jesus from blood found on the 'Crown of Thorns' so much and was very disappointed by Maciek's Story.
on 30 October 2013
I deleted it from my kindle after a few chapters. I couldn't get on with it at all. I only chose it because it was free.
on 10 August 2013
Although this said book 1, didn't realise that it would not have a conclusion so I had to purchase book 2 to know what happened. Worth it though!
on 12 August 2014
If you've read about the experiences that some recipients of donated organs claim to have after their operations - changes in their personalities, thoughts and feelings that seem alien to them, changing tastes that appear to come from the person they got the organ from and you enjoy a good Thriller, then this is definitely the book for you. The story is well written, a truly gripping supernatural murder mystery which I just couldn't put down! There are some descriptions of grisly scenes, so this story is not for the faint-hearted, but it is not 'overdone'. The story also touches on social problems, some characters coming from difficult backgrounds, but what I liked about this part of the story was that the views weren't one-sided, and the characters are handled with sensitivity, reminding us that things aren't just Black & White, that most human beings have 'depth' to their characters and that there are usually reasons for people to behave in a certain way. Book One leaves you hanging, and yearning for more! Be warned, you WILL end up purchasing Book Two - I certainly did!
on 24 April 2014
keeps changing the story line each chapter and introduces new characters with no idea where they are from or how they relate to the story.
It was not made clear that this was part one of a book that you had to buy part two to find out what happens if you can be bothered to find out.
It soon became very clear what it was all about and there is no reason to buy the second part as you realise soon enough how it will end and what will happen to characters you find you quickly do not care about.
I was also surprised at how much advertising he managed to crowbar into the story, I will not repeat the adverts that were put in to supposedly help the story along, but it does show how some people will try and put certain product names into a story to help it get higher up the ratings