5.0 out of 5 stars The best book of its kind so far.
I was lucky enough to get this book when it was on special offer, but even if I'd had to pay full price I would consider I got a true bargain. As I am getting ready to publish books of my own on Kindle I have been downloading several how-to ebooks. In my opinion Dr. Andy's is the best I have read by far.

Andy covers just about every question I had in my mind,...
Published on 15 Feb. 2013 by Martin Avis

2.0 out of 5 stars Mis-selling
Published 20 months ago by Daithidh MacEochaidh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Mis-selling, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Kindle Publishing: Format, Publish & Promote your Books on Kindle (Kindle Edition)
The book is very strong on self-promotion. Where it fails is in a certain degree of misdirection. The title, though not the main title, has, "format, publish & promote..."; what I object to here is the inclusion of format. It is of scant help in the thorough formatting of a kindle book. There is no in-depth treatment of xml, style sheets, css, html, structuring the parts of a book, creating different stylistics effects ... etc. In short, the book fundamentally fails to give an adequate account on 'how-to' format. It ought to remove this from its title, as it is not a guide at all. To be told to use word, then save it as html is not fit for purpose in building anything but the most basic kindle document, let alone what you do if you are using something better than word to write the original title in. To conclude, if you wish to find out about kindle self-promotion, then you will be more than happy to buy this book, but those seeking even a working account on how to format a kindle document will have to look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book of its kind so far., 15 Feb. 2013

Andy covers just about every question I had in my mind, as well as quite a few that I hadn't thought of. He does so in an easy to read, relaxed style that demystifies the Kindle publishing process.

I particularly like the fact that he includes lots of screen shots that help to make things crystal clear.

Dr. Andy's Kindle Publsihing is highly recommended.

Martin Avis

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a "must have", 12 Feb. 2013
Like many, I have read several books on Kindle publishing. Some go into mind numbing detail, others are light weight.

Andy has got the balance absolutely right for newbie (kindle) authors. An excellent read with great content and several web links to useful resources

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Helpful, 24 Feb. 2013
This is an excellent guide to writing a book on kindle. I found Andy's explanation of the theory behind the process made perfect sense and the step by step guide for producing an ebook was easy and clear to understand.
Prior to reading this book, I had actually already had a fairly unsuccessful attempt at writing my own ebook. I can now though see where I went wrong and I am going to redraft it using what I have learnt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 17 Feb. 2013
I downloaded this book last night and read it from cover to cover in one sitting. The book is an excellent resource. I have wavering between trying to get my novel to a publisher, or if I should self publish. This book was so helpful that it has made my mind up for me. Keep up the good work Dr Andy Williams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 2 Mar. 2013
Mrs (Evesham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Loved this book - its helped me clear up some of the things that I was getting stuck on. I will be able to go forward and start self publishing myself using the information i have learned in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars As easy as abc, 14 Feb. 2013
What I like is that there are no dirty tricks to get you to the top that would also get you in trouble with amazon. An easy read even for my 13 year old who will be using this book to write her own kindle book. Thank you Andy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thorough book, 13 Feb. 2013
I've read a lot of info on kindle publishing and found that this book covers everything from a to z. It's inspired me to have another go as I can see where I went wrong on my first attempt. Time well invested in reading it IMHO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Publishing - Format, Publish & Promote your Books on Kindle, 12 Feb. 2013
Another of Andy's well thought out and executed products.
Everything you need to know about publishing and promoting your new book on the Kindle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle publishing - format, publish and promote your books on Kindle, 30 Mar. 2014
L F DuJean "Dumble" (Monmouthshire, South Wales) - See all my reviews
I must be particularly dim because I couldn't really understand the information contained in this book. Why does everything that is touted as being so easy is really so difficult?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›