4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but be careful of e-mailing it
Published on 3 Dec. 2011 by Mr. William Bimson

2.0 out of 5 stars Offer international gift cards
I love the idea of these cards, however it would be nice if I could send one to the UK from the USA web site, one which I pay for in dollars at amazon.com, but the recipient can spend on amazon.co.uk - I am fed up with getting hit with international transaction fees on my US credit card every time I send gifts to my relatives in the UK.
Published on 31 Jan. 2011 by Barry Graham

2.0 out of 5 stars Offer international gift cards, 31 Jan. 2011
Barry Graham "bmgmusic" (Washington, DC Metro) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but be careful of e-mailing it, 3 Dec. 2011
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a gift certificate or a gift card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission". I then started to worry that the e-mailed certificate could be sent to a spam folder and then deleted, so I had to phone my friend and tell him to watch out for it and check his spam folder. The other thing to bear in mind is that if you get the e-mail address wrong and send it to someone else, you will probably lose it.

Having said that, they are flexible in that the amount of the certificate goes into the persons account and they can use a credit card to top up for larger purchases or combine gift certificates and if they use less than what you provide, the remainder stays in the persons account for at least a year anyway. I think if I use them again, I will print them rather than e-mail them for security. I wouldn't send them to someone who didn't already have an Amazon account because you are effectively forcing them to open one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sneaky T&C changes by Amazon, 30 Aug. 2011
Amazon have just dropped their gift voucher validity down to 1 year (was 3). I have been buying these vouchers for kids as away of allowing them to save up to buy a larger item of their choice. However, Amazon, clearly not satisfied with the interest free loan I provide them, after 12 months now pocket the capital as well!! In most countries this is against the law and it beggars belief we allow companies to steal our hard earned cash like this in the UK.

Please vote with your feet and boycott Amazon vouchers until they show some sense of moral decency towards their customers.

2.0 out of 5 stars difficult to use, 22 Jan. 2013
I bought this as a present to be used to buy one of the E books. However, my wife told me that she seemed unable to use the voucher for this type of purchase. It appeared that the voucher could only be used on specific types of items.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expiration!, 13 Mar. 2011
I live abroad, so sending an E-card is a perfect way for me to get gifts to folks back in the UK on time for birthdays or other occasions. Amazon has a great selection so it works out great for me. On the downside, Amazon gift certificates expire--they have 1 year life expectancy. You'd think that was plenty of time to spend it out...but it seems this is not so. I recently had a family member completely lose out on a card I had paid for since she forgot about it. The money was lost (I totally disagree with this being allowed!), and there was no warning to say it was about to expire; neither to me, or to the recipient. I think Amazon should really change their policy and practices related to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars An animation that will be remembered!, 16 Dec. 2014
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This is a slightly more unusual take on an electronic Christmas Gift Card featuring some animated Llamas with colourful scarves delivering a rendition of Deck the Halls. The animation is really smooth, professional and above all very amusing - it delighted the recipient of my card, plus you have the option of a value ranging from £1 to £1000. As ever, the purchase and redemption processes are straightforward. To me, this is an ideal last minute gift that can be with the recipient in minutes and it's one that they'll certainly remember as being just that bit different! Recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed to email to my friend., 30 Jan. 2013
T. P. Cannon "Tim" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was in hospital at the time of my best friend's 60th Birthday, but thought, "It's ok, I've got it covered" because I'd ordered a gift voucher to be sent to him the day before his birthday. When I got home, I found he HADN'T received it, and re-sending to his address FAILED. In the end I had to email it to myself, and then forward it. Big disappointment, big let-down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Voucher success, 18 Nov. 2011
J. Adamson "J. Adamson" (N Ireland) - See all my reviews
My family live in New Zealand and Amazon vouchers have been very happily received by them for birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas. They get what they want and are happy, I don't have to guess what they want and there is no postage to pay for. Everyone is happy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Gift not sent on time...then certificate invalid, 18 Nov. 2013
I tried sending this a number of times....it did not arrive on my friends birthday...but some days later. She finally recieved it twice, but neither gift certificate worked.

I complained by email to Amazon, after unsuccessfully trying to resend it. I recieved an email saying it had been resent....but it has never arrived!!!
I know the email address is correct, as she recieved it although it didn't work.

A pity, as the greetings message was really sweet.

5.0 out of 5 stars System worked perfectly (and saved me once again!), 14 Feb. 2014
Rowena Hoseason "Hooligween" (Kernow, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
The electronic version of these gift cars are brilliant. I've never tried to send them by post -- to be honest, I use normally them as last minute OMG gifts when I've totally shambled on sorting out a present. ALTHOUGH I should also say that they are extremely useful when you don't quite know what to give someone -- the range of stuff available through Amazon is now so huge that these are a safe bet for almost any person to choose what they actually want, instead of me picking something dodgy which goes straight into the charity bin...
Love the facility to upload a personalised photo, which means you can demonstrate that you have actually spent more than 30 seconds considering this gift.

Couple of things to remember:
*you'll need the email address of the recipient so they get the gift card promptly
*it helps if the email addy is the same one they use for their own Amazon a/c (you may need to ask a partner for that)
*the electronic cards can take half an hour or so to arrive
*it's worth also sending a mail / message saying 'hope you got a nice surprise' just in case the voucher gets trapped by a spam filter
*don't forget to write in the message box who it is from!

Personally, I'd be chuffed as little piggies if someone gave me an Amazon voucher as a gift. yes, that is a hint :-)
10/10