10,752 Reviews
 (8,907)
 (1,086)

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but be careful of e-mailing it
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a...
Published on 3 Dec. 2011 by Mr. William Bimson

2.0 out of 5 stars Offer international gift cards
I love the idea of these cards, however it would be nice if I could send one to the UK from the USA web site, one which I pay for in dollars at amazon.com, but the recipient can spend on amazon.co.uk - I am fed up with getting hit with international transaction fees on my US credit card every time I send gifts to my relatives in the UK.
Published on 31 Jan. 2011 by Barry Graham

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed to email to my friend., 30 Jan. 2013
T. P. Cannon "Tim" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was in hospital at the time of my best friend's 60th Birthday, but thought, "It's ok, I've got it covered" because I'd ordered a gift voucher to be sent to him the day before his birthday. When I got home, I found he HADN'T received it, and re-sending to his address FAILED. In the end I had to email it to myself, and then forward it. Big disappointment, big let-down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tacky cards, 30 Aug. 2011
C. A. Magill - See all my reviews
Service is great - being able to rely on gift card being delivered on exactly the right day.

But design of cards is abysmal - I would expect much better of Amazon. Also more design options needed for great variety of recipients.

2.0 out of 5 stars The gift card was not sent on the day I specified, 14 Feb. 2013
The recipient did not get the gift card on the day of his birthday which was scheduled so it was very embarrassng

5.0 out of 5 stars Online Voucher - email, 4 Dec. 2011
A perfect gift for a teenager. I remembered my neices birthday at the last minute and to late to post anything, so I sent her an Amazon voucher by email. I used the timed delivery of the email to arrive on her birthday, perfect. The response to the voucher was outstanding. she loved it....she can now buy what she wants online, without having to ask her mom for credit card details. Pro's 1) She gets exactly what she wants, 2)I dont waste money on something a teenager does not want, 3) present arrives on time, 4) everyone is happy. Thank you Amazon for making my life just a little bit easier.

2.0 out of 5 stars Apparent theft, 24 Jan. 2011
This gift has still not been received (March 13) and it was for Xmas presents and my niece's wedding in February in New Zealand.. and I am really angry (see earlier review which follows) .The review request prompted me to ask the recipient if the gift had arrived and they could find no trace of it so I have had to resend it... and that is very unsatisfactory. Surely there must be a way of checking/ confirming to the sender that a gift has actually been received if sent by e-mail ????

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea - means you can gift an exact amount, 16 Mar. 2014
Fabulous idea. I decided to buy my daughter a kindle copy of a book I loved, but found (to my surprise) you can't buy a Kindle book as a gift for someone.

Never mind, it seems you can send them a gift certificate for the exact amount instead. So I sent her £4.99 gift token, and a couple of clicks later she's enjoying the book.

It's sent via eMail so arrives in seconds. Great idea.

Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but not reliable., 27 Sept. 2013
Did not work first time, then had to have long winded conversation with someone at Amazon who did help to rectify the problem in the end.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful service, 25 Jan. 2011
I ordered and the card was not delivered. I won't be back. I plan to use Pay Pal from now on to give gifts to my son.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor service, 29 Oct. 2013
I have order 3 gift certificates in the past few weeks, and only one was delivered on time and without porblems.

I had to re-send 2 of the certificates, which meant they arrived after the birthday.

I also had to investgate their delivery issues myself, as I was unaware (and received no notification from Amazon) that they had not been delievered.

Very unlikely to trust this service again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Issues with sending a gift certificate, 23 Nov. 2014
I have been trying to send an email gift certificate to my neice, but have been unable to. The page does not allow an amount to be entered and just ends up going around in circles. I have tried over the last couple of days without success. What is the problem?

Thank You (Smile) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate