Richard A Knaak... Can be a little inconsistent and a little patronising at times in his writing of WoW boooks; Christie Golden is his superior, but this series of books I thought were quite good. A lot of creative license here in areas that aren't really covered by WoW lore at all; so he's kind of gone out on his own here and I think did quite well.

Things to...
Published 2 months ago by Mr Brett M Skeen

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable lore, but stilted style
The dragons are one of my favourite aspects of the game, and this short story reveals part of their origins as sapient beings. However, unlike other World of Warcraft authors, I find his writing style to be stilted. The words and sentences do not flow as well as they could; they should enthral you in the story and make it in-put-downable.
Published 7 months ago by Midsummer Night

4.0 out of 5 stars Christie Golden is his superior, but this series of books I thought were ..., 28 Feb. 2015
This review is from: World of Warcraft: Dawn of the Aspects: Part I (Kindle Edition)

Things to note: these books are SHORT. I mean REALLY SHORT. So if you are interested in the history of the Aspects, it is a must read for you - but just download all 5. You won't be disappointed, but I was left in between books a few times, not being able to download as crucial moments!

This story follows Kalec - doing some serious soul searching with the Aspects having lost their power and title of "Aspect" and thus their place in the world. This book takes you back to how the original 5 Aspects came to inherit their power from the Titans. Certainly wasn't as I expected, I must say.

The only thing that bothers be about Richard Knaak, and feel free to challenge me on this, is that his books follow the same formula almost every time and the number of times he indicates that he is going to kill off a character (a major one) then miracles tend to always happen out of nowhere. Now I know in WoW, Deathwing has been killed about a billion times, Sargeras, Illidan and somehow Azshara drowned but her and her loyal followers turned into Naga etc etc... It's a personal thing and I just wish there was a little bit less of it.

But in conclusion - a good little read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but...., 30 Oct. 2013
Love Richard A. Knaak's work but I I didnt realise it was so short i read it in under an hour.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable lore, but stilted style, 21 Oct. 2014
Midsummer Night (Muswell Hill, London) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Nov. 2013
Loved it, from the beginning to the end it griped me, i just couldn't stop reading it, looking forward to the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 Sept. 2013
It truly is a great book! I highly suggest that any fan of world of Warcraft buy this book now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard Knaak does it again, 29 May 2013
lee "Sci fi and fantasy story lover" (Basingstoke, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
those who love their Warcraft lore will really like this set of books, set after the Cataclysm and the blue dragons are separating Kalec's adventures continue. I love the story of the dragons, and this is an excellent prelude to the whole of Warcraft lore, where did the Aspects come from? Hopefully this will be answered by the end of the book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 2 May 2013
Similar review I gave the 2nd book really. It's a good book but irritating that it's short. It would have been better if all 3 were in 1 book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 April 2013
It was slow to begin with but you have to know whats going on, but the story is great , and a must for all wow followers

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun read..., 13 April 2013
I enjoyed the author's previous World of Warcraft books and also enjoyed this one. This is a really great read.

4.0 out of 5 stars well written, 29 Mar. 2013
Had me waiting for the next part, and i thought it could have been a little longer, other than that, a good read for any fantasy fan, and a must for anyone interested in the lore of warcraft