5.0 out of 5 stars Canon PIXMA Printer
Our last printer died and we wanted an all in one printer that could air print from our iPad and iPhone, so we took a chance on this one based on previous reviews. It's exactly what we needed! It was very easy to set up and we were up and running in no time. The air-print is superb, as are all of the other features (including the feature that allows you to print on the...
Published 20 months ago by Iliana

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for scanning, ridiculous cleaning cycles
I bought this multi-purpose printer partly for the ADF scanner and partly because I've had an MP910 for several years and found it to be really reliable and reasonably cost-effective.

It's great for ADF scanning, munched through volumes of archives almost without fault - the main limitation being the paper quality of the record.

BUT for printing this...
Published 13 months ago by Paul T.

‹ Previous | 16 7 812 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my previous Canon MX895 as all paper feeds ..., 16 Dec 2014
This review is from: Canon PIXMA MX925 All-In-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and Wi-Fi) (Accessory)
A superb printer in every respect, cannot fault it in any way. Better than my previous Canon MX895 as all paper feeds are from front trays. Great print quality. Airprint from iPad is easy and effective. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars WAIT a minute! CHECK before you buy (plus UPDATE), 5 Jan 2014
I will start by saying that my partner and I have only had the opportunity to do the initial printer setup, test print and wireless (LAN) setup, and so far the speed and ease with which we've been able to execute these tasks has impressed us both. The print quality is great, and the scan quality is considerably detailed - impressive enough to win over a pair of art/photography/film media workers like ourselves. The printer is also amazingly sleek looking and sort of intimidating; it looks like something from Darth Vader's personal office. We quite like the look. But we thought we'd warn anyone currently eyeballing this printer that, if you don't already know, it is NOT COMPATIBLE with Windows 7 OS or lower. As a result of not realizing that teensy weensy fact, we've just spent the better part of the weekend installing Windows 8 just to keep up with this printer, and as you've probably guessed, upgrading an OS leads to all manner of other issues like backing up data and reinstalling applications which get lost in the shuffle. It's not worth it, people. So either make sure you're already running 8 or 8.1 or be prepared to start running one of these OSs BEFORE you purchase this puppy because, frankly, it was a nightmare to have been surprised in this way when all we thought we'd have to do is install the printer's software to be up and running. And granted, checking the OS compatibility is something we should have done from the get-go, but after thumbing through thousands of varieties of printers until the wee hours and finally settling on this dazzler, it was one of those details we neglected to remember - we just assumed that our Windows 7 would cover it. Please learn from our mistake, double check your OS compatibility, and make the necessary adjustments before you purchase.

Okay so here is the update to this review: in an even more frustrating turn of events, we went to our secondary laptop to assess whether to repeat the whole upgrade process again and I found this review [...] which tipped us off to the the fact that the USER'S MANUAL, which claims that upgrading to Windows 8 is a requirement, is presenting INACCURATE information to users. In fact, the Canon Pixma MX925 IS compatible with Windows 7!! I decided to test it out, and just like *that* I've got the Canon printer up and running on our secondary laptop which runs Windows 7. BUYER BEWARE! This is a great printer and includes CRAP instructions! Therefore, we're giving this whole outfit 3 stars only due to pain and suffering, lol.

~The Welchs

1.0 out of 5 stars dont bother, 4 May 2014
Gavin R. Proctor "Gadge" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Had a Canon Previously and after a few years broke. So keen to replace with another Canon Pinter. All I can say is don't bother with this printer. The build quality is shockingly bad, the front but where the paper comes out is already broken and does now not close.The only thing that has stopped me sending the item back is the fact that Canon would charge me for sending the item back and the fact that is monstriously heavy and huge it would probably cost a fortune

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful printer. Only downside is ink is a bit ..., 7 Oct 2014
Really useful printer. Only downside is ink is a bit expensive but that seems to be the way of inkjet printers these days. Wireless functionality is great. Even prints from my phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little noisy on the Duplex but otherwise I am very happy., 25 July 2014
Madeline Mary Boyle (Wakefield, Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Fabulous printer, does everything I expected it to. I have always used Canon and this one has not let me down. A little noisy on the Duplex but otherwise I am very happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Canon Pixma MX925, 23 May 2014
I purchased this printer to replace a Canon MX885 that provided me good service. This model is certainly not for anything but occasional use and the scanner software is extremely frustrating to use. I have had this printer for four months and have purchased a dedicated scanner unit and will be buying another printer as this unit is simply to slow. This printer is nothing like the MX885 that I tried to replace.

2.0 out of 5 stars MX925 Does not work properly with Google Cloud Print, 27 Dec 2013
I bought the MX925 specifically to use Google Cloud Print with my Acer C710 Chromebook.
Despite endless attempts and a less than helpful response from Canon (" We are not responsible for third party software") the MX925 will only print documents at the slowest (presumably photographic) speed from my Chromebook. This is quite hopeless for document, spreadsheet or .pdf printing.
The printer itself is brilliant and would easily qualify for 5 stars if it worked with Cloud Print. It works perfectly with Windows 8 and IF you send a document using Cloud Print to a Windows laptop and then on to the MX925 it will print at normal speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars No comparison between the mg6350 and this one.This is much better., 19 Feb 2014
Very very pleased. the last canon gave us a shock. This is better than good in all its functions and uses less ink. Thank you again Amazon for your fantastic customer service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast, efficient, However a few downsides..., 13 Aug 2014
R. Patel "Bush4ever" (Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
A large piece of equipment no matter how you see it. It is akin to using a office printer in the home. It was relatively easy to set up and the print quality in mono and colour are exceptional. Even the photo printing is very good. The test results I used in photo prints are brilliant. The scanning is quick and efficient at the lower dpi, but higher you'll be better off with something more powerful.

The wifi printing is quick, I would have wished if the buffer of the printer was larger. I believe at least 256mb of Printer memory should be standard. This maybe wishful thinking, but it is my personal opinion.

I cannot fault it in terms of print quality. It is fast and efficient.

My particular printer does not autoclean like others have mentioned, not sure if it is a later firmware that may have resolved it. However, if I don't use the printer for a week, the nozzles need to be cleaned. I have to run the deep clean cycle; this uses up allot of ink. So, you will be paying for far more ink if you do this allot. I had to do it three times, but I noticed the ink levels drop significantly. Fair to say that the printer does warn that significant ink will be used with deep cleaning. So, fair play. But, I would have assumed it would not be so much. My older Canon never used that much. I did try the normal cleaning cycle, but it failed to unblock the nozzles effectively, so I had to run the deep clean cycle.

Anyway, good for what I need, some downsides, but not everything in life works as you want. Although, I can't justify knocking more than one star off, as the prints are very good. I guess there are downsides to all aspects of electronics.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT QUALITY PAPER - LAB QUALITY PRINTS - I USE ..., 13 Nov 2014
EXCELLENT QUALITY PAPER - LAB QUALITY PRINTS - I USE A CANON MX925 WITH GENUINE CANON CARTIDGES AND THIS PROVIDES STUNNING RESULTS

‹ Previous | 16 7 812 | Next ›