4.0 out of 5 stars The Edge of Never
The Edge of Never tells the story of Camryn and Andrew, two strangers who meet on a bus headed to Idaho, via Wyoming. Camryn is trying to escape her unfortunate past (the fates have dumped a lot in her lap over the past couple of years) and Andrew is travelling across country to visit his dad, who is dying of cancer.

I quite enjoyed this book. It’s told...
Published 2 months ago by Book Blog Bird

3.0 out of 5 stars Edge of never
Published 22 months ago by Clare O'Beara

3.0 out of 5 stars Edge of never, 31 Aug. 2013
Clare O'Beara - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
I took a while to get into this New Adult tale which has a slow start but then I did become involved with the main character. Camryn Bennet is fighting off depression after her boyfriend's death in a car crash. She's aged twenty and hoping to move in with her best pal Natalie and be independent of her divorced mother. Natalie takes her to a club along with Natalie's coke-head boyfriend Damon. Unexpectedly Damon assaults the barman who takes Camryn out for some air, and then Damon tells Camryn that he has fancied her since school. Camryn leaves right away, but next day Natalie doesn't believe her account and their friendship is over.

Camryn takes a department store job, and visits her troubled brother in jail, and hears about her mother's speed-dating, and feels the depression return. One morning she packs a few things and gets on a bus with no destination in mind, to see something of America. A guy called Andrew is heading to visit his dying father, and he likes the look of this girl his own age and decides that conversation would pass the time. Unknown to them someone else is eyeing Camryn too, and he's a lot less harmless.

The story becomes a road trip with alternating viewpoints and even before the pair reach New Orleans we can feel the chemistry between them and see Camryn starting to think of someone else for a change, wake up and experience life. Like all road trips there are draggy stretches, conversations about not much, and the pair don't seem to be intellectual in the least. I was unhappy with some of Andrew's attitudes, for instance he talks casually about rape in terms such as "Goosebumps rape me," and is rather foul-mouthed, and neither of them gives any thought to protection although later we see that Andrew has used it with other girls. They eventually find themselves in Texas with altered concepts of their future.

I applaud the concept of getting out and throwing off depression but maybe this isn't the safest way to do it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Edge of Never, 8 April 2015
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Paperback)

I quite enjoyed this book. It’s told from the dual POV of Camryn and Andrew and although it’s primarily a romance, the author steered clear of instalove - the two characters do some quality sniping at each other when they first meet, which was very amusing. She also didn’t fall back on a love triangle to create tension, and I was so glad. Love triangles are starting to absolutely do my head in. Seriously, if you read much YA or NA fiction, you’d be forgiven for thinking that every girl out there is constantly having to make the tough decision between two hot guys. Because that happens to me, like, every day.

Anyway, that’s what the author doesn’t do. Instead, she builds in tension with Andrew and Camryn’s sad back stories. One of Camryn’s ex-boyfriends died in a car accident and the other turned out to be a bit of a scumbag, so before she meets Andrew she has sworn off men. Andrew, on the other hand, has never met a girl he likes enough to commit to and is now travelling across the country to visit his dad, who is dying of cancer.

I have to say, there was a point in the first few chapters where I thought that this was going to be my first DNF of the year. I didn’t connect with Camryn very much in the early part of the story and I think she made some odd choices, but I’m really glad I stayed with it because she grew a lot as a character once she got on the bus and I started to really enjoy her POV.

There was a twist at the end that I didn’t see coming and I thought the ending was maybe a little bit rushed because of it and everything surrounding the twist was wrapped up a bit quickly. Other than this, though, I thought The Edge of Never was a really enjoyable read and a very sweet romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Andrew and Cam!, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
Wow. This book. This beautiful book. I loved every page.

In a sea of new adult novels, The Edge of Never was like a breath of fresh air. I loved the road trip element to this story. Camryn and Andrew unexpectedly meet as they both are running from their current lives. They decide to seize the opportunity to travel together making sweet, sweet music.

Music was a big part of this book as were the artists The Civil Wars, as I was a huge fan of them beforehand, it made me love this book even more. I pictured Cam and Andrew’s journey like a movie playing in my head. From their run down motel stops to the cozy bars where they performed.

Of course, nothing lasts forever and Cam and Andrew’s time comes to an abrupt halt. Andrew’s problem was something I never seen coming and it floored me. Like great, big fat tears dripping from my eyes kinda floored me. It was written really well and had me on the edge of my seat.

I adored J.A Redmerski’s writing; I opened the first page of this book and couldn’t put it down until I swiped the very last one. The Edge of Never has everything you could want in a book. You must check this out!!

P.s. I adored the tattoos!! Perfect ending! ~Ava

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I got around to reading this book, 2 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
This book has been on my radar almost since I started blogging, but I hadn’t bought it until recently when it was also recommended to me by my friend Kelli. We usually like the same books and authors like Colleen Hoover for example and this book was no different. I’m so glad I decided to download it.

The story is all about kindred spirits Camryn and Andrew. Both characters are on the road, one running from the trapped feeling that is consuming them and one heading home.

The story starts off with Camryn, setting the scene for her impulsive decision to take a time out from life. I could empathise with Camryn quite easily and her introduction to the readers will instantly win you over. She has been through quite a lot and to me she seemed like quite a selfless character although she finally embarks on a journey that is for her and her alone.

The two characters meet on their road trip and the banter between them in the beginning is quite fun to read because there is a friction between them that I feel comes from travelling but Andrew just has such a loveable rouge thing going on it’s hard not to feel a little captivated by him. That, and his tattoos.

The attraction to each other is there between the characters from the beginning although it’s subtle and grew gradually as the two characters began to get to know each other better. I liked that they took their time to build a relationship rather than just jumping straight into being in love. Andrew seemed to respect Camryn and almost keep her at arms-length a little throughout the initial stages of their friendship. At one point this is particularly evident and I could almost feel the emotional punch to the stomach that Camryn took, until I turned the page and J.A. Redmerksi soothed my soul by bringing Andrew to the rescue.

The narrative is told between Andrew and Camryn. I loved the dual POV in this story especially because each character had something totally different going on in their life even though their desire to avoid conforming to the norm brought them together.

The story becomes quite sad as the secret Andrew has been hiding, well might I add, throughout the story becomes very apparent. I can remember holding my breath, barely daring to turn the page to see what was going to happen at the end. I downloaded the second book straight away because I absolutely couldn’t help myself! Can’t wait to read more about Andrew and Cam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-downable, 28 Jan. 2013
Ms. K. Burns (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Paperback)
An amazing book that had me laughing, cringing, shocked, angered(only for a short time), crying and then shouting out in pure joy. Camryn a girl(which at first we can say she is because she feels herself she hasn't really lived), has been through so much in her 20 years of life that you just want to shake fate by the arms and shout give her a chance. And does that chance appear oh yes and in the form of Andrew Parrish who I have pictured as the sexyist thing since sliced bread; to be precise. Joining Andrew and Camryn on their journey together has been amazing and from the very start your continually saying please get together. They both have their secrets and as they get to know each other these become revealed except for one- something I didn't see coming that had me in tears because I felt I was going through it myself almost and was thinking the author can't be this cruel, could she? The Edge Of Never is one of those rare finds that when you start reading you can't stop and just wish it would continue on forever. I was very surprised by this book and almost inspired, it had me looking and reflecting on my own life and making me really think about what I want and how Im living it- My own Andrew wouldn't hurt things along either. I hugely recommend this story and have passed it on to so many others who have also enjoyed it. For those peolpe who think its another Fifty Shades you couldn't be more wrong. Their is Sex very very hot sex but not so much that it disrespects the rest of the story, it actually rather builds it up more in my opinion. You Need To Read This Book! and I hope the author may write something eles like this soon, something that will have a lot of us queing up to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly different and well written romance, 20 July 2013
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Paperback)
I've had this book on my kindle for a while now but haven't had the enthusiasm to read it, mostly because the storyline seemed dull and didn't really excite me.

I finished the book today and I must say it's the only book in a long time that actually made me cry. I loved it! I thought it was ten times more real than half the tatt that's out there at the moment.

I had two issues with it that let it slightly. The first was the authors portrayal of depression, it was very singular and it always annoys me when something like depression is misrepresented, especially as it is still such a stigmatised condition.

Secondly, I can't stand the way that people who want to/have travel look down their noses at those living the more traditional route of college a job, marriage and children. Words such as 'drones' and 'sheep' when referring to these areas of society are extremely derogatory and judgemental. It was unfortunate that the H&H fell into this patronising trap.

Other than that I really enjoyed this book, it was well written and had good pacing and tackled some very real issues in a realistic way. I am going to look out for other books by this author for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Abso-friggin-lutely BRILLIANT, 13 Dec. 2012
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
WOW, WOW, WOOOWWWW!! Oh my gosh this book is freakin excellent. Great believable characters and so full of raw emotion. The scenes come to life and you can totally picture Cam on the buses with Andrew and then in the motel rooms and going to the bars. Heck everything gets played out in you head, you can't resist being pulled into the scenery and story. This story is depicted and brought to life so freakin well it's just a stunner of a book and yep you'll need to check your tears but in all honesty this book plays out so well because of the emotions, it's what makes it such a beautiful read.

3.0 out of 5 stars First 50% was boring, 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
If this had been a film I wouldn't have watched it. It's a shame they weren't travelling through England because then we could have got the long boring bus trip over with after a few days. To be honest I skipped some pages and who can blame me after 50% of bus stops. It does eventually pick up and love blossoms,secrets are revealed and the sex is hot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic,grab the tissues, 1 Jan. 2013
Finch "Finch" (Tyne and Wear, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
The tv over Christmas has been so dire that all I've been doing is reading, 3 books yesterday alone. I started to read this book at 6am this morning, reading most of today until completing it about an hour ago. I am telling you this because you will need to be able to dedicate 12 hours of your life to this book once you pick it up and I absolutely urge you to do it. I became totally absorbed to the exclusion of life around me and this author writes with such intensity that you fall under her spell immediately. I won't give the plot away but suffice to say that I have NEVER cried so much whilst reading a book as I did with this one. It wasn't until the reveal was almost upon me that I realised what it was and although it's best that you don't scrutinise the plotline too much it's a breathtakingly beautiful story and I will be recommending it to anyone who will listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars FIRMLY AT THE TOP EDGE OF NEVER, 31 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
This is a 'get your nose out of your kindle and take a breath before you choke' kind of book. I have read a few of this type of book recenty, emotionally damaged girl meets badly broken boy and despite the usually depressing subject matter, I enjoy them. I thought I would like The Edge of Never but I wasn,t prepared for how much. I finished it in one sitting (my husband had football on, what is a girl to do?) This has to be one of my favourite books .....EVER. Other reviewers are right about the spot-on characters, they could pop off the page right onto a screen. One word of advice before you buy this book (and you definately should) and that word is tissues!

The Edge of Never