Top positive review
61 people found this helpful
A more exciting evolving console for gaming and non gaming.
on 3 November 2014
Was playing the waiting game to purchase a new next(now)gen console to see which offered a more exciting future. Was originally leaning towards the PS4 due to the hype surrounding it. But having now played and experienced both consoles, with enough time to make my finale decision, thanks to a friend(who has both) - I ended-up buying ONE! Playing (games on One where borrowed) Diablo, Shadow of Mordor, Thief, Fifa 15, AC only to see if there was any real noticeable, or obvious game changing/graphical difference between consoles: For me personally I didn't notice any real standout/obvious difference that made me say 'WOW I can really see the graphical difference on this console over the other!". In honesty it was minor at best! Though PS4 looked a bit sharper with AC and SoM. Thief looked a little better on ONE. Diablo and Fifa14 looked almost, if not, the same; Fifa/Thief on One did have the advantage of added Kinect features. In reality when playing I realized that graphically there wasn't a concern or any real graphical differences between the two. Unless you force yourself to notice and start to nitpick on small/minor graphical differences, usually when pausing the game, which most won't even care or even notice the difference! You won't notice as so-far they look, felt, or closely looked the same - It really didn't become a issue that will make you care. ONE was a more enjoyable experience due to the ability of having Kinect features for Fifa, Thief that added a bit of extra fun esp. Fifa shouting orders/formations to your team when playing online. Killzone looked gorgeous on PS4, Ryse looked amazing too on One. This demonstrated that both consoles can have excellent graphics even though Ryse wasn't 1080p, but it still was a very impressive graphical game - I never even noticed it was 900p image on my 50" screen.
Before my purchase I did think about the future for both consoles and which will suite my needs for the long run better as both consoles are at a similar price range. This is where ONE excelled and was decided for me! Using the PS4 seemed a nice system, but nothing really impressive with its okay selection of functions/features and UI(though much improved over PS3). It was when experienced the ONE it actually dawned on me that it was a better console that will serve me better over the years. I also asked myself is the ONE worth the sacrifice with its better(listed below) features for a small graphical improvement of PS4? With ONE now being improved on the graphical end recently this could become even a lesser issue, or not. ONE just felt a far more exciting system that I found missing from the PS4 from my experience with both consoles. It was the below following ONE features the opted me to buy it:
* Control options and choice of control with the ability using voice/gesture/joypad or all 3.
* A much better and fluid integrated UI with better innovation using the UI.
* Much more and better media and apps availability.
* ONE does seem to have a more exciting system evolution prospect with online, cloud use and that's not just for gaming. Cross platform/smartglass/gaming share across mobiles/tablets/pc/friends and family. Kinect, internet, media, new features added..etc.
* Kienct - its functions can be really useful and handy.
* Social sharing/communication/matching players and gaming online events are excellent and simple.
* Ability to stream photos/video/music from NAS drive.
* Much better and stable online gaming and matching.
* Play a game, then leaving the game, then come back at the exact same spot you left it at any time, even when the cosole is switched off or going to other apps.
* Skype people or receive even when playing/using console.
* Do two things at once onscreen.
* Kinect is really useful(though not always perfect) and voice commands can become very handy. Loved switching games, searching Bing for movies/music/games, switching apps, Skyping, rwnd/fwrd/pausing music and movies..etc. Soon will be able to order pizza's too!
* Cloud use for games as seen on Forza/Titan Fall/Forza Horizon 2.
* A HDMI input which works wonderfully with what ever you put into it. I used it for my Satellite feed which is integrated into the console allowing the ability for the console to select/remind/update/inform you on you viewing habits and the ability to switch between gaming and other apps/tv - very handy while waiting for online games to start.
* Ability to switch to any game or app by using voice.
* Order Pizza using Kinect(soon).
* DLNA enable media
* Customize Homescree/Tiles with achievement/you own photos
* Fitness using Kinect which keeps track of your body mass and heart rate.
It's the above that I found ONE very easily surpassed PS4 in innovation. One did give me the impression of a more exciting console evolving future that's both great for gaming and non gaming which I felt was missing on PS4... Before my decision. did ask myself experiencing both consoles 'What really offers a better and more exciting future ?' - Is it PS4 with its minor(at times) better graphics, even though most won't even notice ! Or is it a system that has better online, apps and media, cloud use for gaming nan non gaming, faster better UI, more options with functions and control, Kinect, HDMI input, better social and communication for gaming and non gaming ?.. For me it was my experience with One that seemed a better and more exciting purchase for its worth rather then extra pixels which again I believe most won't even care about, or even notice!