4.0 out of 5 stars Unbiased Review
I didn't buy my console from Amazon but the sheer amount of lies in the one star ratings is disgusting (anyone reading reviews before deciding should read up on the ridiculous console fanboy war first) . And almost none are verified purchases. So here's an unbiased review.

I bought the console on day one and to be fair it was a bit ropey to start. The build...
Published 3 months ago by Dazzo

3.0 out of 5 stars It is good, but still has some issues
After debating with myself for a few months over the pros and cons of getting an xbox one, I finally decided to get one at the beginning of April (The relentless advertising and titanfall bundle finally wore me down). As it is now, the console as a games machine is a step forward from the Xbox 360 and throughout the year I believe it is a given that the library of...
Published 7 months ago by D Kennedy

‹ Previous | 135 36 3760 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really amazing, 3 April 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox One Console with Kinect (Console)
Ive had both the PS4 and now the Xbox one, and both consoles are just great. But if i could compare those two consoles i would stick with the Xbox one. Ive picked up the PS4 on launch day, and i was happy with it, but there could be things that there were better. For example the Dualshock 4 rubber is tearing away. And it is every controller who does this. Another example is that the PS4 fan noise is loud at games like Killzone, where the Xbox one is quiet as a mouse. I like the controller better on Xbox one. My feeling is that PS4 feels very plastic, and the Xbox one feels robust overall. And the kinect is amazing and accurate

5.0 out of 5 stars The hype has settled - why I traded PS4 for XB1, 5 Mar 2014
J. Lewis (Cwmbran, Gwent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox One Console with Kinect (Console)
Initially I was caught up in the hype surrounding 'games look better on PS4 etc etc' but after owning one for 3 months I found myself looking at the games coming out for XB1 and being quite jealous. Forza 5, Titanfall & Halo 5 all looked good...

So I traded after the £30 price drop. I must say I am really happy with my decsion. XB1 just gives a broader experience - Skype, Onedrive, TV and of course gaming. The games look fabulous! I played COD Ghosts for 3 months on PS4 and wasn't disappointed with the XB1 version. The differences are marginal - it still looks stunning! Forza 5 doesn't disappoint either!

The build quality is slightly better on the XB1. The disc loading mechanism is much smoother (like Wii U) than the PS4 which at times sounded cheap and nasty.

In summary the PS4 is excellent but so is the XB1. For me I prefer the wider experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Xbox One Console with Kinect (Console)
Xbox One is amazing! From the first time you boot the console, you experience the quality of this product. Voice recognition is fantastic (even more so, condidering I'm from Greece!). I've been playing Fifa, Forza and NBA 2K14, the graphics are jaw dropping on these titles.

One last thing, I wouldn't believe all those one star reviews, seeing that none of them (until the time that I write this review) is a veryfied purchase. They all claim that they bought an Xbox from "elsewhere" ;)

I highly recommend the Xbox One!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Rushed Product, 6 May 2014
E. Crane (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox One Console with Kinect (Console)
Been a fan since the first xbox and loved my 360 but when I got the xbox one for Christmas and set it up and started to install Ryse, I was disappointed. If you do a google search about the install time, you'll see how it annoys and irritates millions of gamers. The installation time is soooo slow and I have fast internet, so god knows what it'd be like with a slow connection!

I started to install Ryse on Christmas day and some people claim you can start playing a game when it hits 4%, well that wasn't the case for me. When 50% hit, a notification popped up "Ready to start" now if you asked yourself, what does that mean? I bet many would think "Oh I can play the game now, yay!" errrrm no. Microsoft aren't clean on what "ready to start" means. When you enter the game and click single player, guess what? ANOTHER installation screen! OMG why put ready to start then Microsoft?!

So I was waiting again for the installation, all together it took 3 hours to install one game and by that time, I was bored waiting and didn't play that day. Some might say "well why didn't you do something else while it finished?" yes I could have BUT that's not the point though is it? 3 hours for one game is seriously too long, even my PC downloading and installing a game from steam doesn't take 3 hours.

Even as I type this now, I am installing Spiderman 2 from the store and its been 3 hours and only 21% done. Many of us have jobs and maybe only find 1 or 2 days a week to play, who wants to wait 3+ hours for a game to install? I wish Microsoft had though this product through more instead of rushing it to keep up with Sony and the PS4.

But the negativity aside, when the games HAVE installed, its a pleasant gaming console, the graphics are amazing and there are some amazing games coming out for the system. When games are installed, its not a "bad" console by any means, its just the installation times that's very aggravating and annoying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing console with a few flaws!, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Xbox One Console with Kinect (Console)
Great console, I have had it since Christmas, I have not been off it. Microsoft have made an outstanding console, I love it lots. The games that you can get with xbox one are brilliant compared to PS4! Although there is a few flaws!
Flaw number 1 is that installing games and doing updates for the games are ridiculously slow and long. On the bright side you could install or update over night!
Flaw number 2 is the headset you get with the xbox one , it's just rubbish plastic! You should be able to use your xbox 360 headset!
And flaw number 3 is that loading screens take longer than the 360! But luckily there is a new update soon which will fix this flaw!
But all together I love my xbox one console, it is definitely value for money!
In my opinion you should buy the new turtle beach xo5 or xo7 when they are both released!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one, 14 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox One Console with Kinect (Console)
Looks good, simple to use, good selection of games on release.....many more to come (including Halo 5!...which looks awesome). This is a gamers console but with much more besides.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm lovin it, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Xbox One Console with Kinect (Console)
Such a graet console with fantastic games and beautiful graphics. Easy to navigate and also very quiet. The entertainment side is also very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Xbox One Console with Kinect (Console)
Excellent and quiet cooling, great controller, and great OS with some shortcomings. (I know that, the Microsoft is updated the system.) I look forward to playing better and better next-gen games. (Titalfall, Quantum Break, Project Cars, Destiny, Watch Dogs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Was there ever any doubt??, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Xbox One Console with Kinect (Console)
I didnt need to open the box before being able to write the review as this was one package that has been eagerly awaited since Christmas Day. I was initially disappointed that I ordered this and did not have a Christmas delivery but it came a lot faster than we initially told. My son has loved it and was a very pleased boy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Aug 2014
love it

‹ Previous | 135 36 3760 | Next ›

Xbox One Console with Kinect
Xbox One Console with Kinect by Microsoft (Xbox One)