Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 April 2013
What comes across strongly on Tramp's latest album is just how comfortable he now is in his own skin. This is clearly a very personal album for a guy who has seen all the ups and downs of life and is now happy and content with his place in the world.

This is the recorded version of the style of music Mike has been playing live over the last year. Raw, stripped down music where the melody and the lyrics do the work. Simply constructed songs, sung from the heart - and that incredible voice. What he has done here, just like in his live shows, is to simply get the song that is in his head directly into your head with no detours. Without a lead guitarist to do the guitar solo, no overlays or any of that stuff that often goes into music, this is one guy with his guitar and the unique imagination to create great songs, one after another. For me, the album grows as it goes. By the time my CD player looks to change to the next CD I was in the zone - where Tramp and White Lion have taken me so many times over the last thirty plus years. Click - forget that next Cd. Play Cobblestone Street again...
on 14 June 2013
I was a massive White Lion fan and then Freak of Nature fan too. Bought his first few solo albums then sort of lost touch with Mr Tramp. Saw he was playing some low key gigs in the UK so got this his latest release before going to see him in Bolton. Glad I did, great album and also a great gig. Mike Tramp lives the lifestyle he sings about. Not many so called Rock stars would still be doing what Mike does. From playing arenas in the 80's metal heydays to now small clubs and still loving it. This guy should be bigger than Jon Bon Jovi. Forget Anvil, they should make a film about Mike Tramp. A True Rock n Roll Survivor!
A friend of mine introduced me to this album, and it struck a chord with me immediately I never heard of this guy, I don't know where I've been but glad I .found his music.Its a really infectious album. The song " Caught in the storm" is outstanding, as is " Revolution" . Its mainly an acoustic album with friend and Danish producer Soran Anderson playing drums, guitar, piano, and bass on here..All songs are sung with a passion. Ive been sampling some songs having a listen to some other solo stuff all excellent more rocky than this album, but this album grabbed me straight away..
yes a must for your collection this.
on 9 September 2013
Having loved White Lion and Freak of Nature and already owning Mike Tramp's first two albums I am a bit biased however this is an amazing piece of work from a very talented artist, Much more mellow than his earlier stuff but certain has no less of an impact as a result. It's a wonder that Mike isn't much more popular these days as this deserves to bring him worldwide success but i suspect that it will only be his hardcore fans mainly that will get the pleasure of listening to it.
on 10 May 2013
it was not a bad album but not as good as his other solo albums that he has made or with other bands
on 19 November 2014