on 31 January 2014
Some of my earliest jazz experiences were in the late 50's and early 60's at a friend's house listening to his parents' vinyl records of the MJQ. I've bought one or two albums already but faced with all the Atlantic recordings in one box i gave my other albums to a friend and bought this set. I'm thrilled with it - the group are caught at the top of their game and the sound is excellent, given the age of the recordings - still the epitome of west coast cool!
on 9 November 2013
If you want the lion's share of MJQ's Atlantic output, then this is the one to go for. Fantastic value!!
on 29 August 2013
I have loved this period of jazz history since I first purchased "One Never Knows" at the age of sixteen.
on 26 December 2014
Timeless stuff. A must-have.
on 7 December 2015
Very good
on 10 August 2014
The music was generally OK. I have been a fan of their work for 50 years. The presentation box is of poor standard and arrived in a broken state with the disc retainers (plastic) in the centre of each section were broken and not readily useable.