on 22 August 2013
I've bought this headset to replace my old Ear Force Foxtrot (basicly it was limited edition px21 with mw3 logos) that unfortunately after almost 2years one of the speakers decided to stop producing any sound.This PX22 is superior in many ways to the old px21.
First it feels a bit more sturdy , maybe due to that i've found them to be a bit less confortable than my old px21.
The 50mm speakers are also a plus from the old 40mm.
Voice chat is very clear, as with basicly all turle beach that i had.
There is no expander option in the amp, as it existed in the px21 the expander was supose to give a better directional sound from enemy footsteps but i realy never noticed much of a diference using it.
In the PX22 you have bass and tremble option instead.
But to me the biggest feature that this headset has comparing to the old px21 is that you can disconect the headset from the inline amp, this makes it so much mobile you can plug in in your cellphone , mp3 player etc... without having to carry the long wires and the amplifier around, and the sound is still great.
It comes in a very neat box you realy feel that you are buying a quality headset.
Basicly i would sum it up like this.
Pros:
Universal Headset
Good build quality and sound.
Loots of Features
Detachable Amplifier

Cons:
No Surround
Price.I think it is a bit overpriced,but thats probably becouse its a recent headset.
If your only planning on using it on the xbox i would suggest maybe to take a look at the X42 that is wireless and has dolby surround sound.
on 13 July 2015
Current-Gen, cross-platform compatible, but not without it's complications.

I was referred to the PX22 as I wanted a cheap, all-round headset that was both compatible with Xbox One and the PS4. Looking around on forums, there were a few posts which said the PX22 would work with both (the Xbox One would require the stereo adaptor to work).

For those purchasing the PX22's for cross-platform use, I would take in to account that you do require a lot of fussing about with cables to get it fine-tuned. For the PS4, they are fairly easy to set up, with a simple plug and play and away you go. To get them to work on your Xbox One, there is a slightly more complex set up. As mentioned above, you will need the adaptor to plug in to your controller and you will need to plug in the 3.5mm jack through your headphone jack in your TV, alongside trying to split the adjacent USB power cable, which can prove fiddly, which is why I used a USB extension cable. You then need to plug the separate, short 3.5mm cable, from your Xbox One controller, to another shorter cable, with a female adapter and a smaller connector, in to the Xbox Chat jack on the in-line amp. You will have full, adjustable audio (bass, treble etc) and fully working chat as well.

To the headphones themselves and they actually offer pretty good audio. The cable which runs from the amp to the headphones is quite poor and instances on first use of sound only coming out of one speaker, occurred quite a few times. A mere twist of the connection in to the amp solved the issue. The in-line amp offers very good variety in tweaking in-game bass, treble, chat audio, microphone levels and overall audio. There were some instances (on the Xbox One) with crackling and some distortion, which could be resolved through adjusting the bass and treble settings.

The headphones are generally quite comfortable, sometimes slightly too tight, occasionally giving a 'clamping' sensations across the top of my head, but the cups are adequately padded.

I've given the product a 3 star because I felt Turtle Beach overlooked the finishing touches slightly. The poor cabling and occasional distorted audio give it that 'budget' feel. However, that aside when the audio works, it offers surprisingly good sound, for a product that isn't a Dolby Surround Sound model. I wouldn't mark this product down because of it's fiddly set up with the Xbox One, as that was a personal risk I took when buying. I know it works with the Xbox One and any shortcomings are purely for notable purposes and not affecting the score in any way.
on 26 June 2014
I bought this headset to replace my PX21 which I've been using for a few years now with my PS3, laptop and TV. The PX22 also works with Vita and mobile devices, which is fine but not exactly practical. Regardless, it's always nice to have more options than fewer.

My worry when buying the PX22 was that it was basically a PX21 repackaged. In all honesty, I can't detect any increase in audio quality but, in my opinion, the build is much improved. the headset is lighter, smaller, more comfortable and does a much better job of reducing the penetration of external noise. I also prefer the mic's design, though I haven't yet used it to sample quality. The ability to control the bass has been carried over from the PX21 and now there is also a dial to control the treble. The ability to adjust the volume of other players' mics independently of the game volume returns, along with a new dial to control your audio output volume. There are also more options for muting than simply on or off.

My only point of reference for the PX22 is the PX21, a device I made great use of. The PX22 is as good or better in every way, as best I can tell. I would imagine there are better headsets available for people only interested in using them on one specific device (there certainly are much more expensive ones) but for anyone looking for a somewhat universal headset, I highly recommend the PX22.
on 16 July 2013
I got a X12 version xbox 360 those it was ok and I wanted to get a updated turtle beach. So I picked this headset as it can do both xbox 360, PS3 that I have and not also it can do consoles, but it can allows you to listen to your music from MP3, Phone to CD players too as I found out it can do those things aswell as described on the box it comes in. So I'm very please that this headset is awesome, I recommend it and recommend this awesome headset for true gamers who like chatting away to there friends :D. The packaging of the box it comes in is awesome aswell :D.
on 27 October 2014
I can't give one star because the headset is not bad it has good audio for the price and are comfortable. The biggest let down is that they are either very fragile or not built to last. I have had mine since March and the other week one of the speakers fell off. My headset is always wrapped up and stored away after use and granted I do use them everyday but I would have expected them to last at least a year seeing as though TB is so big in gaming audio. All in all I'm a little disappointed as I only brought these as a tester before buying a more expensive set.
review image
on 16 June 2014
My first gaming headset was a pair of Turtle Beach PX21s and I loved everything about them ...except their durability. I went through three of them, one broke completely in as little as five months and that was with me treating it with the kiddest of kid gloves. I've had this one for six months now and have (accidently) treated it far more roughly than any of my PX21s and it's showing no signs of wear and tear.

The microphone is also of better quality (although the arm seems flimsy its apparently a lot tougher than it seems).

The mixamp works well enough with a decent treble and bass range just make sure you follow the instructions and set it up properly if you plan to use it with a PC otherwise all the sound comes out of the chat channel and the treble and bass wheels don't work.

The only downsides, in my opinion, are that the 3.5mm jack (from the amp to the device it's plugged into not from the headset to the amp) is quite easily knocked loose and the MLG branding which I don't particularly care for but it's not like I'm going to wear these outside the house - although you can unplug the headset from the amp and plug it into any device that takes 3.5mm jacks if you want to (they don't work with every kind of mobile phone though (tested on a Sony Xperia Arc S (headphones didn't work) and Samsung Galaxy S4 (headphones did work) (I can't vouch for the microphone on either although I suspect that it wouldn't work)
on 9 October 2013
First of, the PX22s have amazing audio quality. It works on everything - from MP3 players to consoles. The microphone is also very good, I recommend keeping it two to three finger spaces away from your mouth. You could probably use the microphone as something for recording YouTube videos, not just VOIP.
One of the really cool things about this headset is you can plug an MP3 player into the amp and have the amp plugged into a console or computer. It'll let you listen to audio coming from the console and MP3 player, putting the sounds together.
The amp lets have fun with your audio, it adjusts the base, treble, how loud you hear yourself, how loud you hear others and how loud the main audio is.
The only downside to these headphones is the fact that they aren't amazingly confortable. If you have glasses, they can dig in, so you'll need a breather every now and then.
Other than that, the PX22s are extremely good for gaming, or whatever you desire, as long as it's to do with audio!
on 16 March 2015
I'm really happy with my choice. The only drawback i see at the moment is the fact that your ears start to feel a bit of pain after a few hours of gaming, but nothing too serious.

PS: I used them both with my PC and my PS4. They work flawlessly with both systems.
on 23 July 2014
Full surround sound when connected correctly. I use the headphone socket in the tv and plug into the usb in the PS4.

Only thing really is you would need a USB extender cable but luckily I had one, because the phono and usb split on the cable but there isn't enough of each wire to reach from the tv to the PS4, as the USB DOES need to be in the PS4, not as some on the Internet have said, plugging into the tv usb port doesn't register that there is a headset.

The controller for the audio is a great thing, because if chatting to mates and can't hear them well, can turn down the in game audio so you can hear them, and visa versa.

Playing CoD is great because can clearly hear enemy footsteps and the actual direction it's coming from.

Overall a great kit for the price and great for a PS4 gamer. The fact it's note wireless doesn't bother me because of the great sound :)
on 14 November 2013
Vast improvements made to build quality and sound quality having had a pair of Turtle Beach PX21 prior to these PS22's the microphone sound has also had major imrpovements if your looking for a gaming headset look no further all round sound and quild quality 10/10 well worth the money