5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for anyone thinking if hitting the open road.
Published 18 months ago by Barryjmcdonald

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read but mostly common sense
Published 2 months ago by Jonathan Edney

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for anyone thinking if hitting the open road., 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Cycle Touring - Your Guide to Everything Bike Touring (Kindle Edition)
As the author said there's nothing more satisfying than hitting the open road under your own steam.I'd done it years ago with friends and still have great memories from those trips. When I think out all the equipment and clothes we needlessly taken I wish I'd known about this book. From preparing your equipment to preparing mentally there lots in this book that will make your trip run a lot more smoothly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read but mostly common sense, 25 Jun 2014
Jonathan Edney (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is pretty short and hence a quick read. It is well written and structured. The main problem is that I learnt very little, even though I am new to cycle touring. Everything is pretty much obvious or only relevant for very ambitious cross continent riding (for which I would think a much more comprehensive book would be needed.) It's OK and considering the low cost I don't regret the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Feb 2014
What great book . Some excellent information that really does help . I'm touring Ireland in June and this has given me some very good advice , that I hadn't thought of . Really enjoyed the read .

3.0 out of 5 stars Short, almost a list but it does what it says on the tin., 20 Oct 2013
Mr. K. Prior (England) - See all my reviews
Not really a book, really just an e-pamphlet but if you have never done any bike touring then it tells you almost everything that you will need to know. If you have done a multi-day tour before then you may pick up the odd snippet but not much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide, 17 Oct 2013
I. Cooper "coops1959" (Brandon, Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This book by Dan is a great introduction to the world of bike touring, plenty of great advice can be found here.