5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product
Bought to replace the George Foreman which had seen good service for a number of years and finally expired. Read the excellent reviews before buying the product which we have now had for about a month. We have not been disappointed because it:

Seems well put together
Takes up less space than the George
Dials are uncomplicated and simple to use (no...
Published 15 months ago by Newvistas

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
This product was surprisingly a disappointment because I have another good Cuisinart product, so expected better.
Published 5 months ago by LoveLabradors

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 6 Jun 2013
Newvistas (Shropshire UK) - See all my reviews

Seems well put together
Takes up less space than the George
Dials are uncomplicated and simple to use (no electronics to go wrong, reminiscent of our Dualit toaster)
Heats up fairly quickly
The floating hinge works great with various thicknesses
Has a choice of plate surfaces as both plates are reversible and easy to take on and off when cold!
Can be used closed for paninis, toasted sandwiches, burgers, chops, steaks, vegetables, etc
Can also be used open (doubling the cooking surface area) for pancakes, eggs, barbecues, etc (not tried it open yet)
Is easy to clean with the removable plates (we leave them about an hour and wash in soapy water, no scrubbing)
The integral drip tray which slides out for emptying/cleaning means you don't forget to put it under the front as sometimes happened with the George, but conversely you do need to remember to empty it too because its out of sight!
Has a five year warranty

For a more detailed report on this product, read the other reviews.

So far, we wouldn't be without it.

Update 4 July 2013: Had to return the machine as the letters were coming off the dials, that was on the 10 June. It was 2 to 3 days outside the Amazon return period so called Cuisinart who got us to send it back using Collect Plus at their expense and within about 7 days had a brand new machine which arrived on the 21 June. Great, the machine is very good and don't want to be without it. However after only using it twice noticed that the letters are coming off the right hand dial again (last time it was all three predominately across the top of the dials where the clean up cloth goes over them!). Will be on the phone to Cuisinart today and will report back again soon. Still insist that the machine is great at what it does and it does it well, but this issue obviously needs sorting.

Update 11 August 2013: Machine was again returned to Cuisinart at their expense after a phone call. This will be the second machine that we have had to return with the lettering coming off the dials; some what of an embarrassment to Cuisinart! Customer service was fine about it and the lady involved said that she would make sure the replacement came from a new batch to avoid a repeat problem. Also good to note that after each return was received by them someone always contacted us by phone to confirm what was happening about the problem. From a customer point of view that has to be good thing. Brand new replacement machine was received on the 12 July, has been in regular use and there has been no reoccurrence of the lettering on the dials coming off. Even with the problems of the lettering coming off the dials, which has to be down to a manufacturing issue, the machine is simply great at what it does and it does it well. And remember it does come with a 5 year manufacturers warranty and first class customer service, so we would still say "what is not to like?".

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart Griddle and Grill is a culinary delight., 5 April 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart Griddle and Grill (Kitchen & Home)
I am very happy with the performance of my Cuisinart Griddle and Grill, yes, it is quite expensive when compared to other models but this grill is so versatile as one has complete control over temperatures of the interchangeable plates; for me this was a very important feature as with other brands of grills you would only get the one heat level. I have managed to cook a whole evening meal with it.
It is in everyday use and would not want to be without it.
I thoroughly recommend this Griddle and Grill, you wont be disappointed .

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Griddle and Grill (Kitchen & Home)
I initially hesitated but gave in to temptation and bought this. It's sturdy, has a 5 year manufacturer's warranty and makes awesome panini, sandwiches etc. My favourite is to use the half-baked baguettes that can be bought nearly anywhere. I even put a raw beaten egg into one sandwich and it cooked inside!

I've also used this to cook burgers, chicken and turkey breast and they were all succulent and tender.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rival to the George Foreman Grill? The Cuisinart is a contender!!, 5 April 2013
Steve.J (Glos. UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cuisinart Griddle and Grill (Kitchen & Home)
Our old electric contact griddle / grill 'died' recently, so I went looking for a replacement on the web. The major criteria (apart from actually cooking the food properly, obvious, but easily forgotten, duh!!) was that it had removable non-stick cooking plates for easy cleaning. The reviews of the George Foreman product suggested that there were some quality issues with the removable plate model, so I carried on looking.
I found the Cuisinart Griddle and Grill as an option, so decided to do a bit of research and finally convinced myself to get one. Yes, it is at the expensive end of the range for this type of product and this size, but not too much, for one with removable non-stick cooking plates.
The cooking area, with the lid closed, is about 285mm x 230mm, enough to do 4 burgers, or 4 8oz fillet steaks, but the advantage of the Cuisinart is that the lid section hinges completely flat to give two cooking surfaces, if needed.
Heat up time to the highest setting is ~ 5 to 7 minutes, and you have reversible plate options, either flat griddle plates or ridged grill plates. You can either select a specific temperature range or select one of 5 pre-set temperatures for Grill/Panini.
So far, I have only used this in the closed position, to cook home-made burgers, crispy bacon for sandwiches, BLT's, fillet steaks chicken breasts and sausages and burgers all bought from our local butcher (no risk of donkey, horse or camel meat, unlike certain supermarkets you could point a finger at!!) Tuna steaks also have cooked really well. The lid is a 'floating' design, so it levels itself according to the thickness of the food. For best results you need to cook foods of a similar thickness at the same time.

The results have been excellent, but obviously it needed a bit of experimenting to get used to the cooking characteristics of the grill. The manual for the Cuisinart seemed to err on the side of 'well done' cooking, which I suppose is understandable, especially with chicken or pork, but I have had to cut down on these times to avoid serious over-cooking.

The cooking plates are a cinch to remove (just remember to let them cool down first, which is much longer than the heat up times) and they clean up very quickly in warm, soapy, water. Cleaning is best done ASAP to remove any staining on the plates or the body of the unit. They are also very easy to replace. There is one button to press to release the top plate and one to release the bottom plate.
The plates are quite lightweight, but seem to have a good quality non-stick coating, there are certainly no signs of wear after 4 months steady use.

Like the competition it does have a removable fat drain tray built in, which locates underneath from the side of the unit at 45 degrees. The Cuisinart is not sloped like the George Foreman, so any fat will drain more slowly, but I have not found it to be a major problem yet, especially if using the ridged grill plates. It also comes with a plastic scraper unit to clear off any cooking debris. Obviously you have to use the plastic scraper once the plates have cooled down.

I have noticed that when cooking foods with a higher moisture content, with the lid closed, that you do get some condensation of liquids on the handle,resulting in a few drips onto the work surface. This is not a major problem, but it pays to have the unit sat on some kitchen towel or similar and to wipe away any liquid that gathers.

I read in the manual that this item comes with a 5 year warranty for domestic applications only, which indicates a certain level of confidence in the product. I will update the review as I get more experience with the unit, but so far it has become a must have item for me when cooking. Also it reduces fat splashes if you are cooking with the lid down, which is a bonus when cleaning the kitchen after cooking.
I have added some photos of my unit to give more of an overview of the unit.

I have been comparing notes with a friend who bought one of these (on my recommendation) and she rates it higher than both the George Foreman and Lakeland options, both of which she has owned and used. Her one point was that if you cook with the top plate lowered onto the food, then this will trap a lot more moisture in the food, sometimes desirable, sometimes not, so be prepared to experiment to get the food cooked exactly to your taste. I continue to be impressed by this grill, it cooks quickly and is easy to maintain. I have also noticed that the price has fallen since I bought one, so watch the selling price very carefully, if it drops under 90, it becomes a very good buy!!

UPDATE 14/08/2013 - My Cuisinart became a victim of the 'vanishing lettering syndrome' about 10 days ago (see the additional comments). I contacted Cuisinart and they asked me to send it back to their service centre, which I did. A few days later I received a call from them to say that replacement had been despatched. This arrived yesterday, so I have a shiny new grill - only one problem, they do not seem to have cured the manufacturing issue with the painted dial markers, as the first time I wiped the unit off after use, just using a damp cloth, the lettering started to come off again!! It is a shame that such a silly quality control fault is affecting what is an otherwise great grill. Time to get in touch with Cuisinart again, I suppose. The only trouble is, I hate being without it, as I just love cooking with it!!

Well, the new grill arrived promptly (you do get good customer service from Cuisinart) and so far there are no more problems with the lettering rubbing off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Griddle and Grill (Kitchen & Home)
The coating was cheap and bumpy. I did quite a bit of research about how to tell if the metal plates are good quality and to make sure I bought a grill with ones that that would last and not eventually disintegrate in to the food. I learned they should be very smooth - meaning they've been coated several times to prevent them peeling. I'm opting for cast iron plates, instead for a slightly greater outlay. The plates were also too small for two Panninis. That's the minimum requirement in my opinion. Mine also arrived scratched. I read reviews saying the dials fade but I can't comment because I didn't have them long enough. The rest of the grill seemed really good quality, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than George, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Griddle and Grill (Kitchen & Home)
It gets hotter, quicker. It's more controllable. The plates (so far) seem to have a more robust non-stick surface. The new design of drain hole makes a lot more sense. The button release on the griddle plates means that the whole thing has a more compact footprint on the work surface.

Minor quibbles? I'd like a lip on the plates to reduce fat spitting onto the work surface, but the trade-off would be non-interchangeable griddle plates, which may prove to be an advantage in time. My only real issue is that the exaggerated floating hinge means that when you open it up after cooking, the top plate drains any residual fat behind the machine, so I stand it on a stainless steel tray.

In summary - great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Griddle and Grill (Kitchen & Home)
Recent Purchase Paid 74.95 with Free delivery.

Arrived promptly was well packaged and worked straight out of the box.

Gets hot fast and is easy to use, beutiful looks. easy to clean and cooks the food evenly,

Too soon to comment further.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so great!, 15 April 2014
D. C. Niven - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Griddle and Grill (Kitchen & Home)
It's early days yet - so far it's been brilliant specially things like seafood kebabs with prawns, squid and scallops!
It appears to be well made and robust unkije some of the more popular makes and is so easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !, 6 April 2014
Mrs. Linda Jones "Linda" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Griddle and Grill (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this a few weeks ago. We have only used it for panni's. It heats up quick and they turn out lovely. Plates very easy to clean. A quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Griddle and Grill (Kitchen & Home)
I use this mainly for steaks, and I must say it does an excellent job. Very tasty, quick, and best of all, no greasy smoke. The cooking surfaces seem to have a particularly effective non-stick finish. A quick brush under a hot tap is all that's needed, though they fit easily in the dish washer if you prefer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›