VINE VOICEon 23 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is absolutely the oddest toy that we have ever possessed. Whose idea was it to create a skateboarding puppy?

The toy itself is sturdy enough, though the velcro isn't an ideal way to try to secure a cuddly toy to a zippy little skateboard. Also, it needs a LOT of batteries. Who doesn't hate toys that eat through 5 batteries at a time?

All in all, if I were left to my own devices I would give this a terrible review, but my 4-year-old and 2-year-old both love it, and fight over it, and compete over who can take care of it. They don't care how odd it is, or that the dog falls off the skateboard, or that I need to replace the batteries... they love it, and accept without question that skateboarding dogs are desirable toys to own. So - three stars. Somewhere between my bemusement and their adoration!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not sure quite what I was expecting but I thought there would be more to this than there is, (I suspect the original price may have had something to do with it).

What you get is an approx. 200mm x 190mm toy dog with an all plastic skateboard, remote control, some stickers for the skateboard and a pair of glasses and scarfe for the pup.
It's all pretty lightweight stuff but is not cheap looking.

Obviously aimed squarely at the little girl market, this is bright & cheerful. The pup is covered in glossy and well shaped Nylon fur with effort made to the details like eyes, nose, ears & tongue to maximise cuteness.
Your canine pal comes with velcro'd feet that stick to the velcro on the skateboard. This is where the majority of the 30+ tricks come into play, it's all about how you attach the pampered pooch to the skateboard.

The 'wand' remote is very simple to use with just two buttons that stand out brightly in pink against the turquoise remote. There is the neat idea of dumping 'reverse' and instead having the skateboard either go forward or do a complete turn. This means the pup is always facing forwards and makes for a more satisfying 'trick' as your child doesn't have to spend half the time watching the pup fly around backwards.
Fly is the right word because this is where the whole lightweight bit pays off. This can motor along at a fair old nip. On a flat surface, (floor only - this'll be off the end of a table in a couple of seconds) Trixie will be doing her best F1 impression, whatever position you've velcro'd her into!
Tip the skateboard back gently onto it's rear wheels and it'll wheelie along happily with the toy aboard.

I would say 5+ for this one, definitely not little un's and interest is likely to wane rapidly once double figures approach. The box says 4+ but that may just be a bit young and lead to some frustration in piloting the toy around.

Be aware that 5 batteries are required but NOT included in the package. 2 xAAA + 3 x AA. These power the remote and did I mention that your talented dog barks endlessly & plays the odd tune? (via the remote)
The dog is posable but remains quite a nice toy in it's own right even if not exactly cuddly.

The durability is likely to depend largely on just how ham fisted your little treasure is I suppose. While plastic the skateboard can take some knocks, (although outside use is probably not best and will definitely reduce it's lifespan). The pup is also not as durable as normal soft toys but no electronic toy is. The remote is pretty sturdy and should last as long as the rest of the kit.

For my money the adverts have this aimed at far older children than it probably should be and I do wonder about the whole 'collect 'em all and show off together' bit? Quite frankly this makes for a quite nice toy all on it's own but for pre-high schoolers.

Nicely packaged for use as a prezzie, and pretty well made and easy to use. This gets 4 stars from me despite it's faults, (limited educational value, additional expense for batteries & a question over it's long term appeal) because it has been well thought out and executed. The puppy is easily posed and rather cute and well designed, the lightweight but sturdy skateboard motors about nippily and is easily controlled to pull off some nice manoeuvres and the remote looks nice but doesn't sacrifice it's straightforward use and simple layout.

All in all it's a toy dog that sticks to a remote controlled plastic skateboard! But I can see this being appreciated as a present and giving a reasonable amount of fun. It isn't cheap but I don't think it looks it either so in all it represents good VFM and is worth a look.
on 13 November 2015
The item is faulty the dogs ear has a large hole in it and a piece of plastic is sticking out IT IS VERY DANGEROUS. I contacted the seller over a week ago but have not received a reply. This is a present for my granddaughters birthday and I am very disappointed.
review image
on 3 December 2013
Ok, it's just a puppy on a skateboard but my two girls, aged 6 and 7 absolutely love it! Pricey at the RRP but keep an eye on the price as I've seen it on Amazon for 3 different prices over the last 3 weeks, varying by £10 but since I bought it at the lower end its pretty good value (£15!!)
on 16 April 2014
Arrived quickly. It was a Christmas present for my daughter and she loved it, it worked really well spinning round etc. and the price was great would recommend.
on 28 December 2013
Fabulous gift for my daughter, I have yet to come across a toy like this that doesn't have a fault but I am yet to find one with trixie. The remote controls it perfectly and the tricks are flawless. Great gift at a great price as always on amazon.
on 28 December 2013
I bought this for my 6 year old for Christmas who had seen on an advert. It far exceeded my expectations. The skateboard is fast and my daughter loves Trixie and has had hours of fun making dog perform tricks. My 3 year old also loves and manages with no problems. I would recommend.
on 23 October 2013
My 3 year old and 5 year old granddaughters thinks she is great. Not often you find a remote control item for girls they love it.
on 24 December 2013
Bought as a birthday present for my daughter. My daughter loves it. Very happy with the purchase, it is as described.
VINE VOICEon 1 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We got this and I gave it to my daughter, first thing I noticed is that the remote has 2 buttons, one for forward and another for reverse and twirl. The reverse and twirl button sticks when you press it making the skateboard just spin in the middle of the floor. One visit to the tool cupboard later and it's fixed but obviously you would like it to work straight out the box.
Other than that it's lots of fun. Flashing lights, noise, cute dog that is pose-able and comes with accessories like sunglasses. Also it's the skateboard that is remote control and the dog can be removed and substituted with all sorts of other toys that you might have.
Good fun and no educational value