5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, great performing IPS 23" Monitor AOC 2369VM
I was considering this (AOC i2369VM) or the AOC i2367FH which are almost identical except that this model (2369VM) has not only 2 x HDMI, 1 x VGA as per i2767FH but also a DisplayPort, MHL capability, VESA mount and mains cable direct into the monitor (no separate power supply brick)

So, how does it perform I hear you asking? - well it performs very well...
Published 8 months ago by DanW

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for Video but Disappointed with Text
It was a let down when I plugged in with HDMI with the standard settings. If you like tweaking then you can get some good results. The first setting is use the ECO Mode Internet or Text Settings. This reduces brightness and contrast.
Windows includes a program called ClearType this improved the quality of typefaces quite a lot.

Some Graphics cards such as...
Published 2 months ago by Mr. R. M. Swinglehurst

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, great performing IPS 23" Monitor AOC 2369VM, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: AOC I2369VM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor (50000000:1, 250 cd/m2, 6ms, HDMI) (Accessory)

So, how does it perform I hear you asking? - well it performs very well especially for the price, text is pretty sharp, colours are natural and a more defined than the previous 22" LG (22LS4r) monitor that it replaced, actually websites and programs appear more vibrant now.

Backlight bleed is fairly minimal and much better than other LCD's I own, although viewing a black screen in a totally dark room will reveal that the backlighting is more pronounced in the 4 corners of the screen, a trait of IPS screens apparently. With the lights on this is not noticeable under normal viewing.

No dead pixels detected.

So, yes the stand is a little wobbly and in fact the metal cast bracket on mine was actually cast a little crooked and so the stand isn't perfectly straight but once in place on the desk it's not noticeable and unless I'm dancing on my desk (only on Fridays) then the monitor doesn't wobble and other than occasional earthquake (in Southern England) I think it'll be fine!

Included in the box was an HDMI cable, VGA cable, mains cable, CD of drivers and other semi useless software (I did install the `I menu' software for controlling the screen settings via your mouse (brightness, gamma, contrast etc) and had fun figuring out how to change from Chinese to Engrish.

So, assuming you're still reading this, do I recommend it? Yes after the short time I've owned this I can say I am pleased and would get another, in fact I already own the 27" AOC 2767FH so there, I've just proved my point.

I should mention I got mine from PC Whirled for 10 more than on Amazon but needed one in a hurry, well ok, not in a hurry but I was impatient and wanted one then and there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and magnificent, 8 Nov 2013
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Looks slick and sleek, comes with a wide array of inputs and has fantastic colour. AOC also kindly provides you with a VGA cable and a HDMI cable for added peace of mind. Picture quality is amazing and is a joy to read text on and the stand allows the monitor to change angle in all 3 dimensions. Couple of warnings are to be considered though.

1) When moving the monitor around it feels extremely fragile in your hands and the stand feels like is going to snap, so take care when handling the monitor!
2) I have a 20 inch monitor and considering this is 23 inches I thought it wouldn't make much of a difference - wrong! It makes a world of difference so you must consider whether or not you have the space to this monitor on your desk. You may have to move other peripherals around (e.g. I had to move my sub-woofer to the floor).

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant value monitor...did I mention it's IPS!, 13 Jun 2014
This replaced my 9 yr old 17 inch 4:3 ratio monitor which cost about 230 pounds at the time. I was wanting an IPS monitor as I am a keen photographer. This monitor is about half the weight and thickness compared to my old one. I take a lot of time composing my photos and it does my photos due justice as they now look bright and sharp with great contrast. The colour rendition is very good straight out of the box, although the brightness needed turning down. The increased screen space at the sides also makes photo editing with Paint Shop Pro X6 far easier.

Brilliant value for money, no doubt about that. One criticism is that the viewing angles, although much better than my previous monitor, are overstated and screen darkening becomes evident when viewing more than 45 degrees off the optimal horizontal axis. However, that's when viewing about 24 inches from the screen and will hardly a problem unless you have 2 or more people wanting to watch quite close up at once. Would also like the stand to be more rugged and height adjustable, but I suppose they had to keep the price low somehow!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for Video but Disappointed with Text, 22 May 2014

Some Graphics cards such as Radeon default to YCbCr, make sure you use the RGB setting with this monitor. NB. There is a very helpful review/setup of this monitor at [...]
If you do a lot of text inputting I would suggest you get a monitor with a DVI input as the text is often sharper.

For watching HD Video and Photography the monitor is excellent.

The stand is a little flimsy but once you are set up not a problem. The speakers are tinny but OK for speech.

As I mentioned If you don't mind fiddling with settings this monitor is capable of great things. If you are a 'Use out of the box type person', you might consider something else

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture quality, great value, 17 July 2014
Great colours and contrast. It looks fantastic next to my laptop and much better than an older Acer monitor I had. The selection of inputs is really nice, no problems with connectivity so far.

The in built speakers sound ok, certainly won't blow you away but would be fine for watching TV or a film where the sound quality isn't so important.

The one let down is the stand, which is not easily adjustable and a bit wobbly. My desk is quite wobbly too so when I type the whole set up shakes around a bit. I would rather get a better desk though :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality monitor, 21 Nov 2013
A (Maghull, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Happy with this monitor so far, only a little backlight bleed that I can live with. Very nice picture. Check this review for a tip when using AMD or Nvidia graphics cards. [...]

2.0 out of 5 stars Yellow wash, 15 July 2014
I'm currently using my second of these monitors, the first had a dead pixel (just unlucky) and a yellow wash - So I set out to recalibrate the panel, a fairly simple task which is usually necessary for any newly purchased monitors (If if they're "factory calibrated").. After recalibrating several times over using various techniques to counter-balance said wash, I wasn't getting anywhere in the way of accurate colours. I returned the order (props to Amazon for having the replacement out to me the next day!) The second monitor I received improved upon the yellow wash with an orangey/red hue that was easier to balance with the settings- granted this is now a 'usable' panel, but again this natural yellow hue offsets colours in general with greys getting more red, which is then counteracted with the green and blue- then green and blues have a higher saturation etc etc.. if using RBG colour levels try to avoid any major tweaks as you will start to notice hidden side effects- usually lighter shades of grey coming out a with light blue or yellow hue. Try to focus on offsetting the colour temperature instead of using EDID for colours- This option only available using VGA and Displayport with Catalyst Control Center, not HDMI (unless you download additional software). No other reviewers have mentioned a colour tint so maybe I've just been unlucky twice in a row? I'm using this for design work amongst other things, so true to life colour reproduction is fairly important, these colour issues are noticeable for any day to day usage if you're familiar with the way Windows or OSX looks.

Looking beyond the colours, the panel is clear and almost has no grain (relating to the matte screen) this is still only 1080p so if you're used to retina products there is a visibly lower ppi, but for the price this monitor looks outstanding. Also a big A+ for being VESA mountable.. I would like to assume I've just had two strokes of bad luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Good monitor, very slick and the image is impressive at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't why AOC isn't the most popular monitors brand, 25 Jun 2014
it's much cheaper than its competitors, it has most of the features you'll need as an average person (gamer, programmer, etc).

Cons:
Packaging and manuals feel cheap.

Pros:
Great colours.
IPS panel.
Lovely response time.
not as thin as advertised, but really thin bezel.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap as chips, 3 May 2014
I bought two of these monitors to mount on my desk together, very pleased with the purchase.

Really good price for IPS monitors, they mount well, and are aesthetically pleasing.

I was surprised at how good gaming is on these monitors, plus everyday use, and watching films from a distance.

10/10 would buy again