Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 July 2013
Amazing album, love the Spanish guitar, trumpet and Spanish/Cuban influence, perfect summer album! I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your purchase.
on 28 March 2014
Love it ! Wonderful music sounds better every time l play it.
Highly recommend don't hesitate to buy it you won't regret it.
I
on 24 February 2014
just close your eyes and this music will transport you away from this cold winter to a warm latin climate. also can't fault the delivery
on 24 August 2013
It was track 3 - the colour Black (Negra) which made me buy this album. The track was played by David Mellor on his Classic FM New Releases programme recently. It brought back vivid memories of Lisbon, and fado, to which I was introduced in 1965. I am not fond of the other twelve tracks on the album. The album is the creation of Karl Jenkins. It was worth buying the album for Track 3 and the sad and haunting song sung by Cuca Roseta - a fado singer whose album of traditional fado I subsequently bought after hearing her sing Jenkins's wonderful song.
on 11 August 2013
By far the Best Karl Jenkins CD I own, and I own them all. A long time coming, but well worth the wait All the Jenkins elements are there, just more maturely incorporated.Superb!
on 22 February 2015
Love Karl Jenkins
on 9 August 2013
Having already purchased three other CD's by this artist. I found this new compilation did not have the same appeal and I therefore found it disappointing as a whole.
on 12 July 2014
Having purchased all of Karl Jenkins' previous recordings, I was beginning to feel tired at the continuity of style that pervades all of them - I don't play any of them now !. I attended, however, the world premier of Adiemus Colores at the International Musical Eisteddfod at Llangollen earlier this week in the hope that the South American flavour would overwhelm the rather monotonous style. Sadly, the new piece remains more of the same. It is noisy and loaded with the same melodic intonations that are, unfortunately, his hallmark. I don't know how the choir members, let alone the orchestra, have survived the endless periods of learning this piece. The use of babble instead of words has now lost its novelty and certainly its appeal to me. The saving graces were 1. watching the orchestra playing 2. the fantastic solo performances
3. the contribution by the piano accordionist and 4. the excellent lighting effects that mimicked each of the movements. The evening was very enjoyable but I could not imagine having this piece played without the distraction of the players. I was tempted to purchase the Adiemus Colores CD before the performance,but I am glad that I didn't. I was led to counting down the colours and could not wait for the 13th colour - turquoise - to be played. As a fellow Welshman I am sorry to have to voice my negative comments.
on 12 July 2015
CD arrived from seller in good condition and in good time. I have now listened to this CD a few times now and it is ok. I have all the other Adiemus CD's and I love them (especially nos. 1, 2 and 4), but this one just hasn't got the same pizazz as these others and is a bit 'samey'. I feel terrible saying this about the talented Karl Jenkins who I greatly admire, but 'Adiemus Colores' is a good concept that doesn't quite pull it off.
on 6 June 2014
When I started listening to this CD I recognised the music from the past. It was an interesting experience to see how Jenkins has added to what was a good sound when first composed. Thank you.