5.0 out of 5 stars Written with the marketing-phobic in mind
If a) you know you need a website and are wondering how anyone will find it among the millions of other websites; b) you hate the term social networking (or even just networking) and c) you feel the social networking world left you behind many years ago and is now completely incomprehensible - then read this book because a) it is short (and life is too short to be...
Published on 24 Aug 2011 by C B Cox

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for fake reviews
The positive reviews on amazon influenced my decision to purchase this book. I regret buying this book. The authors did a good job promoting it on Amazon, i.e. 31 five star reviews is rare and unusual (that was the rating at the time of purchase).

The book is far from being perfect, high level and it offers very little original content. There are also some...
Published on 2 April 2012 by Luke

5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought out and good examples, 3 April 2012
I purchased this book on recommendation from a friend who knew I was setting up a new business and a new website whilst looking to learn about Social Media. I see a 1 Star comment from someone who obviously has a lot of knowledge, but if you are a novice/amateur and are looking to learn more about all aspects of online marketing with good real life and hypothetical examples then this is the book for you. I found it easy to read, well structured and interesting without too much technical jargon. A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A no nonsense approach to understanding the power of Social Media, 8 Mar 2012
Mr. Jonathan Wainwright (Cambs. UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very helpful book. In a refreshingly easy to read manner, it covers the Social Media journey describing what it is and how it relates to marketing activity for Small to Medium size businesses. And it achieves this in a practical and easily understandable way, so that the reader can quickly grasp the most important points.

I really liked the straightforward approach. No attempt is made by the authors to hide behind `Jargon' or `Science' - they tell it how it is. This means that the reader can instantly assess, how the many ideas the authors cover, could be applied to their business or organisation. Each chapter has action points, to also help you achieve this.

About the only thing I didn't like was the lack of an index in the back, which for reference and planning would be really helpful when referring back to specific Social Media activities and topics.

To sum up, if you want an academic book covering the theory and science of Social Media, then this isn't really for you. But, should you wish a book that over the space of a couple of hours reading that can give you an excellent grounding in this topic and provide lots of practical and creative ideas that you can apply to what you do, then buy it, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical marketing to the entire world based on simple steps, 2 Aug 2011
Fusion is an interesting read that has been carefully written in a way that will appeal to both amateurs and marketing professionals. The content is detailed, and explains clearly what is available to today's businessperson that will allow them to reach the broadest audience possible using the most powerful marketing tool in the world; the internet. A must have for anyone serious about making the most of being online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarity and insight, 29 July 2011
I'm recommending this book to everyone I know who needs to market their business, charity, or any other enterprise, whether or not they are currently using social media to do so. Written in a friendly and accessible style, it offers clear insights on a potentially confusing topic, with plenty of real life examples. It gives convincing evidence of the value which social media can bring, when used strategically, and offers practical ways of making Twitter, Facebook, and websites work for you. A fantastic bargain even if all you do is read and enjoy it; but if you put it into action, your investment should repay itself many times over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and easy to read, 21 July 2011
Pippa Taylor (Tunbridge Wells, Kent) - See all my reviews
This book was great... An easy and informative guide and well worth the price. Although i'm not new to technology or social networking, this no-nonsense guide gave me new insights into marketing my business that I had never considered before. It has a reader-friendly layout, and I imagine it would be accessable to those who were complete beginners at social marketing. To summarise; value for money, easy to read and a boon to any new business. Bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, well-researched, inspirational..., 18 July 2011
I've just finished reading Fusion for the second time. Having known David since we were at journalism college together, I wasn't surprised by how readable, well-researched and even inspirational this book was. It has already given me several ideas for promoting my own disability news service. What I liked about it was the absence of jargon, the clarity, and how it was structured to help businesses use the authors' many insights to develop their own social media marketing strategy. As someone who has resisted plunging into this world, Fusion has acted as a necessary lifebelt. I am convinced that this book would help any business looking to expand in today's uncertain economic waters.
John Pring, editor, Disability News Service; author, Longcare Survivors: The Biography of a Care Scandal

5.0 out of 5 stars Relevant and succintly written guide to Marketing in the current age, 13 July 2011
Whilst I am an avid user (and exponent) of all types of social media both for professional and personal use, I still found this to be a highly useful, well thought out and fluidly written book covering all types of media and marketing in the modern day. In particular, I liked the things to try, or to check out, for yourself at the end of each section, plus the real-life examples that the authors use to really make a point. My only criticism would be regarding the shelf-life of a book like this; how long does it stay relevant in the fast-paced and constantly changing online world we inhabit? Knowing David, he's already working on Volume 2 to be released in 2012 I imagine - put me down for a copy if so please! A cracking read, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential book you have to read before your competitors, 11 July 2011
As a person who prefers to read in the comfort of his own home Fusion was an exception and quickly devoured in full view during my commute. Miles and Taylor have authored a book that manages to provide a succinct, workable and most importantly realistic plan for marketing in the new social media age. Think of it as satnav for your business which currently relies on a tattered, incomplete A-Z. Personally I had just been using Facebook for recreational contacts and LinkedIn for professional; I felt my bases were adequately covered. Not true anymore as I found out! I have now opened a twitter account to reach new customers and am seriously looking at what I expect from my company website and how I can drive traffic towards it.

Every chapter in Fusion provides clear no waffle advice with a checklist for success utilising each new media option. The overriding message is that the old rules no longer apply. If you simply keep doing what you have always done you will go backwards. Rapidly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Social Media and Marketing Uncovered, 5 July 2011
Everything you always wanted to know and literally was afraid to ask. All PR and marketing practitioners should read Fusion and understand how they can kickstart their social media revolution. So many ideas on what you are doing or not doing, have your iphone/pad at the ready to explore the many useful links. No longer can any social media application exist in isolation, the advice given here is priceless and shows how having a proper strategy in place and devoting the time to keep it evolving is crucial. Highly recommend this to even the most sceptical adopter. I was already impressed with David Taylor's knowledge and willingness to share ideas and here it all is bottled in one handy book! My best buy this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 4 July 2011
Christopher (Royal Tunbridge Wells) - See all my reviews
Very useful book for those who are looking to boost their company's profile online. There are even some very handy hints even for those of you who are experts in the field. The book is also nicely dotted with history, facts and figures which makes it a good enjoyable read. There are also handy links dotted throughout to be able to learn more online. Recommended.
I should add, like another reviewer, that David Taylor, who I have also met networking, kindly sent me copy of this book.

Fusion: The New Way of Marketing