5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed..., 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Definitive Saint Lucia (The Definitive Caribbean Guides) (Kindle Edition)
Bought this book for an upcoming trip to Saint Lucia. I have done alot of research already through the tripadvisor and frommers website but felt it was difficult to navigate and didn't present the right information properly. This book does the opposite in spades!

Everything is listed so succinctly and organised in the right way. Each section is detailed and laid out perfectly. There's detailed maps and even detailed itineraries of what to be doing if your staying for just a day or even a few. Very up to date info on beaches, hotels and places to dine. The eco tourism stuff also sound amazing and cater for all levels.

From beginning to end this book exceeded my expectations and is an absolute if you are looking to explore and enjoy the history and the beauty of Saint Lucia...

Well done Definitive Saint Lucia!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel book, 19 Mar 2013
I really look forward to my one long haul trip every year, I like to plan it so I get to see and experience everything worthwhile. This year my husband and I will be heading to St. Lucia and as another book from the same publishers Definitive Barbados (The Definitive Caribbean Guides) have had good reviews I decided to purchase this one to help me with the trip. As we were still deciding on the hotel, this is the section we went to first. We both thought it was really informative and in fact gave more 'insider' information that the hotels themselves did. we found our hotel and booked it - it was easy and straightforward. The maps are also excellent giving me a clear indication on how far things are and splitting the island up into easy chunks for us to plan. Finally, and our favourite part was the 'what shall we do today' section this gave us really good tips and ideas on what to see and do, a bit like a - things not to miss - which of course we loved.
Overall this is a great book for planning a trip to St Lucia, I may come back and write another review once we've been as we will be taking it with us!