4.0 out of 5 stars great fun
As a parent, I hate playdoh. Whenever the kids have finished, there are little bits of it all over the table, floor and kids. I'm finding it for weeks afterwards. The lovely coloured pots soon merge into a muddy blur.

Published 13 months ago by Chris Widgery

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT BUY THIS BADLY DESIGNED TOY!
Published 8 months ago by Emma Parker

4.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 15 Oct 2013
Chris Widgery (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

But my kids love it. And they love this which lets them make ice creams and decorate them with their favourite playdoh. You can have sprinkles and make all sorts of things, but the best bit is you can make farting noises while squirting pretend ice cream into a cone. What 5 year old wouldn't love that, eh?

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT BUY THIS BADLY DESIGNED TOY!, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream (Toy)
My daughter was given this as a present and it Is a nightmare! A good toy in my eyes has to entertain the kids easily, not require huge adult assembly and the children should be able to play independently and be able to pack it away easily. As with most play doh products, the sweet shoppe does none if those and has wound me up so much I feel ut necessary to let others know and warn them against buying it! Firstly it does require an adult to assemble, no problem, Dont mind that, but then if youre child is under about 7 then they will prob need your assistance throughout theiur play as the bits are so fiddly and do not attach easily. The pieces are also very good at trapping bits of playdoh so you can't scrape them out or clean therm properly, therefore lots of nice hard bits of playdoh next time u get it out. Anyway, the most annoying and ridiculous thing is when you've finally had enough of making a mess, you can't actually dismantle the thing! It is designed in a way so you have to leave it assembled and therefore can't pack it back in the box. How annoying is that?! Esp when u have little storage space for toys. In trying to dismantle, I broke a nail, quite severely, so even more cross! So in a nutshell, v badly designed priduct,. Half the ' frosting' parts fell apart and would not actually work either. I know kids love playdoh, but my children had just as much fun making 'cakes' without all the annoying equipment. I strongly advise u don't waste your money on this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream, 23 Sep 2013
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Playdoh is a perennial favourite with most children and this is a nice little set, with lots of possibilities for imaginative play. Thankfully, it was simple to set up and fairly easy to use. Your child pulls a lever to create twisty ice cream cones and sundaes and there is a feature to make sprinkles. There is a special kind of playdoh for the sprinkles and you are supposed to keep the two apart. Sadly, my children are not particularly careful and, after a weekends play, we have some green playdoh and some blue playdoh... However, it is easy/cheap enough to get different pots/colours and they had a lot of fun with it. My younger nephew enjoyed pressing the playdoh into the moulds on the base of the toy to create sweets, teddy bears, etc to decorate the ice cream with. Like all Playdoh toys, it is fairly messy and you do have to scrape out the unused clay, or else it will go hard. However, for the price, it is a fun toy and I am sure it will be played with a lot.

3.0 out of 5 stars playdoh sweet shop perfect twist ice cream, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream (Toy)
I gave this rating a 3 star because it didnt meet my grandaughter expectations she was bored very easily the way that it was advertized seemed like it was good fun dissapointed little girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream (Toy)
Very flimsy, reckon this won't last till 2014. I bought this for my niece and assembled it for her on Christmas Day, very disappointing. When you put the cones underneath the plunging handle, as you push the handle down the cone flies off and if it does stay there the play doh does not whirl around the cone like a ice cream. It falls around the cone and you have to pick it up and hand assemble it around the cone! Nothing like the picture on the box of a lovely ice cream cone! Then there's the sprinkle maker attached to the side this is just as bad. Only pleased I never paid full price for this rubbish toy. Big thumbs down for this play doh toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my 6 Yr old happy!!!, 8 Nov 2014
M. Philip (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream (Toy)
I ordered this as a birthday present for my daughter. She is very happy with the present. This is a smart move from Play-Doh to make such items which will keep the kids occupied.

Pros:
1. Good Quality and easy to assemble. The parts just clicks to assemble. My 6 year old could do it herself with a little help
2. Complete set to create ice-cream cones and 5 colors of play-duh pots with the pack to make colorful ice-cream cones.
3. Easy to play alone with little adult help. Of course the little ones will need adult supervision for safety.

Cons:
1. After few uses the play-dohs gets mixed up.
2. Good cleaning effort for the parents to clean the tiny bits.

Overall I am quite happy with the purchase and will recommend. It really made may daughter happy and she plays it all the time. I believe that's what matters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream (Toy)
I bought this as a present for my 3 year old nephews birthday and he loves it! His 5 year old brother loves playing with it too. Can't really go wrong with play-doh

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Toy, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream (Toy)
I got this for my daughters 4th birthday and she loves it. Its a bit tricky for her to work herself especially the sprinkle part and the sprinkles never land on the ice cream but it keeps her entertained.

4.0 out of 5 stars My girls love it, 16 Nov 2014
D. Kelly (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream (Toy)
My 4 year old daughter loved this Christmas 2013 pressie and had loads of fun making ice creams! As did her helpful older sisters! The play doh soon runs out and goes hard - so buy plenty to replenish supplies (or make your own). The actual sweet shoppe does not stand up with everything on it so you'll need to store it away. The shop still works fine almost a year later... If only we had a tree that grew play doh!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, well made, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream (Toy)
This was bought as a gift for a 3 year old and he loves it! I'm not sure how long the interest will last and maybe it's my age but I don't find it as enthralling as I thought it might be.

Everything works as you might think but it is hard nay impossible to recreate the photos on the box of wonderfully swirled ice cream and 'sprinkles'. It seems as if for the sprinkles the Playdoh is too soft but for the ice cream it is too hard, nevertheless from a 3 year olds point of view it's wonderful! Just be careful how much Playdoh you are going to use as obviously if you do something like the multi-coloured swirl as on the box then colours get mixed and then impossible to separate fully.

It seems tough enough (it's been dropped, jumped on and leaned on and survived). Just disappointing that it doesn't easily produce that is on their box.