1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars A business laptop that seems to offer nothing different, 1 Oct. 2013
@iGlinavos (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Samsung NP600B5B-S03UK Intel® 2500 MHz 500 GB 4096 MB HD Graphics 3000 (Personal Computers)
I received this laptop as a work machine purchased via our procurement channel for £550+VAT. This seems a rather hefty price for this product. The main features worth mentioning specifically are the HDMI link, USB3 and card reader. Everything else, Screen, HD, RAM, DVD etc etc are perfectly standard. The machine claims to be super durable (you can put 1000pounds on it before it breaks). As I am not used to dancing on my laptop, nor do I frequently run them over with the car, I find this claim spectacularly worthless. I guess they mean that if you drop it, it won't break easy (I am not going to try). The fast start option seems to be nothing more than a perpetual sleep mode which makes for faster boot. From experience I can tell you that frequent sleeping results in frequent malfunction. Windows 7 has its usual problems with many things not working, the IE crashing all the time etc. Now you tell me, why spend this amount of money on a rather boxy looking heavy laptop when you could get something much much prettier with the same specs much much cheaper? Of course, the £3000 price tag on this amazon listing must be a joke.