5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value
This is my 4th Zoostorm PC I have purchased and they have all been great. Excellent value too. I love that they are manufacturing these in the UK.

This one is ideal for our office environment. Very high powered and worked straight out of the box. Very fast boot time.

Published 9 months ago by Annie C

3.0 out of 5 stars nice pc but initial noise problems
Published 3 months ago by chips

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Zoostorm 7877-0314 Business Desktop PC (Intel Core i7-3770 3.9GHz Processor, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD-RW, USB 2.0, 1x DVI-D, 1x VGA, Intel HD Graphics, Windows 7 Professional) (Personal Computers)

The 300W PSU will probably not be sufficient if you want to add a powerful gaming graphics card. I have added a 2GB DDR5 (GeForce GTX 650) card and it is coping OK. We don't use it for gaming. We use it for image processing as we are large format printers. I have also added a decent keyboard and mouse.

It doesn't have USB3 but I didn't need it on this machine.

I noticed another reviewer mention that Windows 7 needs more money to keep going. This is very odd and not true. Yes, you may have to pay if you want to keep using MS Office but not windows! The description says that it's a starter version installed. I wouldn't expect to get a full blown version of office in a machine at this price point.

Overall great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars super fast PC, but needs better PSU, 4 May 2013
Tim (far far away) - See all my reviews
VERY fast pc - good value paid £558 at Dabs. Thankfully its win 7 and not 8, and a joyful absence of bloatware.

AWFUL noisy cheap PSU only 300w so thrashed itself even when ticking over & might struggle with any more hardware on board. And I really mean LOUD, vacuum cleaner style - I could not work with this machine. I was able to swap a 700w PSU from an old PC and now it runs almost silent (existing akasa chip fan is very quiet)

On board graphics can only run one monitor. Again I was able to swap a decent graphics card from old PC and now it's running 2 screens effortlessly.

No USB3 but so what. Quite a compact box but nothing special. I ditched the rodent & keyboard to use previously owned wireless KBD/ Mouse.

The bottom line is that it needed another £100 in extra's to make up to a decent machine. I had them in anyway so no extra cost, but expensive if you buy and install from scratch. Installing hardware results in plenty of swearing: too many sharp edges inside and badly thought out layout.

FAST: Boots Win7 even quicker than my laptop with 'instant on' win8. Loads AutoCAD in under 2 seconds and flies through renders even with Photoshop, internet, PDF's, media players open at same time! Very pleased with my purchase. It simply gets on with being a workhorse computer, a 'named' pc similar spec would have cost 50% more.

UPDATE: 6 months later, still very happy with PC: its amazingly fast, no problems at all, superb machine. Added a wireless network card (easy to do)and that's fine. Bottom line is I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending to prospective buyers.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice pc but initial noise problems, 28 May 2014
The fan noise initially drove me mad. When first started it was an awful resonance that cycled louder and softer every 10 seconds or so. For some reason that seemed to disappear after a few days thank god. Then it turned into an awful low frequency hum that I can guarantee would drive anybody insane. As someone else said I think it is a very flimsey case and the PSU fan is just making the side panel resonate. By holding your hand on the side panel the noise certainly reduces dramatically. I seem to have found a way to position the pc on the floor so that it is now perfectly quiet. I dare not move it and have banned anybody else from coming near it. Anyway the pc itself is infinitely faster than my old one so having now got it quiet it is great and seems to work well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 Dec 2013
Very good PC,
Builid quality very good,
Speed fantastic, turns on and can surf net faster than turning on and surfing from my Samsung galaxy phone!
This pc is as good as an apple PC, but 1/4 the price. This Zoostorm PC is splendid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and Fast, 24 May 2014
This took a time to arrive as did the 2 x 24'' BenQ monitors I bought to go with, however it was within the time quoted so cannot complain . I set it up which was pretty simple as I had all the leads required and it loaded windows and was working within minutes. I had two new items to fit into it, one being a Nvidia graphics card, and the other an SSD drive, both went in without problem but the transferring of the Windows to the SSD card became a nightmare, it should have been a very simple operation, which I may add I have performed several times before. I eventually got it done only to find that I cannot enter BIOS on this machine, I wrote to Zoostorm who have just completely ignored me without replying or acknowledging my mail to them. At present all is running well and very fast now the SSD is the main C drive, however as far as Zoostorm go there after sales service seems to be non existent and I would not buy from them again, this is a powerful machine and will do virtually anything asked of it but there are many others just as good at about the same price and a few with better specifications. I expect if I get in touch with Gigabyte the motherboard makers on this machine they will solve my problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent desktop computer, 21 May 2014
I have bought several Zoostorm PCs for clients and they and I have not been disappointed. They have been well built, look nice, generally have very quiet power supplies, (some not quite so quiet), and are not loaded with unwanted extra software. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 13 Feb 2014
This is a great value for money business PC, would highly recommend. Fast, well built you will not be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Zootastic, 30 Jan 2014
Brilliant bit of kit. It's so quiet I have to check it's on! Even my tame computer geek is envious!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far excellent product, 8 Jan 2014
I have purchased this PC for my small business work... It arrived on time... Light weight.. Great speed.... Switching on and off is extremely fast and even the running programme fast... Due to the high configuration..
Over all very happy with the product and would surely rev comment zoostorm. Until now I always wanted Dell or HP however this does the job and less price..!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 20 Jan 2014
Much better than I expected. It performs very well and the quality of build seems good for the money. Hardly and fan noise to worry about. To be picky the keyboard is a bit cheap and cheerful but so far its working fine.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›