5.0 out of 5 stars A very fun game - purchased as a gift for my 7-year ...
A very fun game - purchased as a gift for my 7-year old son's birthday.

Published 6 months ago by Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Creased mats in this version
Disappointing as this was a Christmas present,

Published 4 months ago by A. Kinsey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A very fun game - purchased as a gift for my 7-year ..., 8 Nov. 2014
Kit (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gamewright Cube Quest Game (Toy)
A very fun game - purchased as a gift for my 7-year old son's birthday.

It's a simple game to play - flick your cubes and try to knock the enemy king cube off the board. As your cubes get onto the enemy side of the board, the have several faces that make them 'captured' and you need to roll to see if they are killed or you take them back to your castle. Using more advanced rules you have special cubes that freeze enemy cubes, heal some of your dead cubes and vanish in the enemy territory to reappear later. Games are pretty quick - just a few minutes per round.

The game mat in the box was two square pieces and there was folds that were hard to get rid of. Luckily there was a very helpful reviewer who mentioned that you can get better mats by complaining to Gamewright - so I opened the box very early and wrote to the company who sent me new mats free of charge. The new mats took a couple of weeks to arrive (from USA) and arrived just in time for the birthday. The new mats are a different material and are split into three rectangles. However I haven't tried folding them up - I keep them flat outside the box when the game is stored away - so I don't know for sure if the new material is fold-resistant. If you get three mat pieces in the box it means you have the new product.

I disagree with another reviewer who complained about the cubes being hollow plastic and light and saying they should be solid wood. If you give these cubes are very hard flick your finger nail will hurt, so I can't imagine enjoying a game with solid cubes, my fingers would hurt too much!

My wife and I both enjoy playing this with our son, and I can see the game coming out at Xmas also to play with his uncles. And it's easy to balance skills - the stronger player just leaves some cubes out from his side. Actually I lose most of my army when playing my son, but I guess I'll gradually get more of my army back as he improves at the game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Creased mats in this version, 3 Jan. 2015
A. Kinsey (Ivinghoe, Bucks) - See all my reviews
Disappointing as this was a Christmas present,

Unfortunately the mats provided were very creased making it very hard to play properly. There was one cube missing in our copy, with an additional cube in its place, meaning we couldn't play the game properly either. However a quick email to gamewright, the publisher has promised a new version 2 of this game to be sent to us.

The game looks like it should be quite good, so waiting with anticipation for the new version.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, fun game!, 23 Jan. 2015
AL "Ninja B" (Letchworth Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gamewright Cube Quest Game (Toy)
This game is a great laugh, yet also strategic, tactile and skill is required to be victorious. My mat was creased, so I emailed Gamewright, they sent me a replacement within 2 weeks. This game may look bad, but when you play, you will totally have a blast ! Cheers Gamewright :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game! I love it and so does everyone ..., 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Gamewright Cube Quest Game (Toy)
Amazing game! I love it and so does everyone I know who have ever played it! I We have frequent cube quest tournaments and it's great fun. Can't recommend this game enough

5.0 out of 5 stars A game for all ages, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Gamewright Cube Quest Game (Toy)
LOVE this game ! It has a classically simple concept, defeat the enemy army by knocking the opposing King off the board. Easy to get started and in no time you have mastered the basic game and are flicking cubes around the board with great gusto. A game lasts on average about 10 mins but can sometimes be over sooner if a player produces a few lucky shots.

Then the tactical side of the game plan dawns on you . What cubes to select to make up your army and give it a balance of special strengths and abilities, where to position your King so that he is not vulnerable to attack and how best to build your defense around your King . THEN YOU'RE REALLY HOOKED !

From 7 to 70 year olds, everyone will enjoy playing Cube Quest. Great family fun and equally addictive for serious game players with a killer instinct .

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply FUN!, 2 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Gamewright Cube Quest Game (Toy)
This game is just fun. A simple dexterity game (the mats didn't bother me that much, if anything they added an aspect to the game) but it's just fun... definitely a must have if you're thinking about kids, but fun for any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids have had loads of fun with this, 18 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Gamewright Cube Quest Game (Toy)
Kids have had loads of fun with this, adults too! Similar to the game of marbles in terms of flicking at target. Simple enough for young players.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good family game, 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Gamewright Cube Quest Game (Toy)
Super fun dexterity, family game. First printing had some quality issues (mats) but I believe this was resolved now.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Gamewright Cube Quest Game (Toy)
Play mats both very creased, and couldn't be flattened out notwithstanding various methods tried. Spoilt the game!

2.0 out of 5 stars A good game with TERRIBLE components, 1 Feb. 2014
Daniel James - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gamewright Cube Quest Game (Toy)
This game is undeniably fun BUT nobody seems to have mentioned the awful components.

The game requires a flat surface to play on, Gamewright released this game with 2 large mouse mats FOLDED in half in the box. You will never get these things flat, believe me I have tried everything. The two mats meet up and the crease in the middle will mean that one player will keep hitting a large seam and their shots will stop or fly into the air. All skill gone with the awful mats then...but wait it gets worse. The cubes which you flick aren't wooden, they are plastic...hollow plastic! They have no weight at all, so say goodbye to making a curling shot or a jump shot which doesn't enter low orbit!

If you complain to Gamewright they will send you out replacement mats, but there is nothing you can do about the cubes.

Catacombs is worth a look if you liked this game.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›