5.0 out of 5 stars Lumix LX7 Guide
Published 18 months ago by Not an expert

3.0 out of 5 stars Photographers Guide to Panasonic Lumix LX7
I think it goes on a bit before getting to the point! I don't like the fact that you have to wait for your answer to go to a different chapter.
Published 18 months ago by Kaysie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lumix LX7 Guide, 19 Aug. 2013
I bought A.S.White's guide for my Lumix LX5, and found it extremely useful. I learned a lot about the available controls, and got a lot more enjoyment from that camera. It also encouraged me to experiment. I referred to it frequently. When I traded-up to a Lumix LX7, I bought this book to accompany it. I do not regret it. It is well ordered and in language I understand. The illustrations help, and the 'tips' section gives practical advice. I expect to use this edition frequently also. Although I rate it '5 stars', there is one minor doubt - it is possible that the USA and UK cameras are tailored to local video standards, but the book is written around the USA version. I am not certain of this, and it is a very minor quibble about a very well researched book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., 30 May 2013
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Panasonic Lumix LX7 (Kindle Edition)
Most camera guides I have bought are a waste of money but this is very different. It explains the camera in clear and precise terms and I've learned more in the first few pages than most manuals tell you in 200.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photographers guide to Lumix LX7, 12 Sept. 2013
An excellent and logical explanation of the functions of the LX7. The subject matter of the included photo examples are a little odd
but do not detract from the details given. As the booklet included with the camera is far from adequate, without this guide many of the finer features of this excellent camera would be missed. It has proved most helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 20 Aug. 2013
This book makes a great camera even better. The info on the disk that's supplied with the LX7 is good, but does not have the detail, or passion that this book has. I sit and read it most days, and each time I learn something new about my camera. If you have an LX7, then get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value on the Kindle App, 17 Mar. 2013
S. Mitchell - See all my reviews
Well written guide to the LX7' particularly on the iPad Kindle App. Takes the reader well beyond the usual dry reading found in the usual technical manual and is clearly written for LX7 enthusiasts by an enthusiast. Very readable and helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying., 10 Sept. 2013
I'm so glad I got this book. Being an absolute novice, I would have ended up using this camera in Intelligent Auto mode and missed the chance of using a great little camera to it's full potential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clearly written and the book is full of colour illustrations, 27 July 2013
I bought the book at the same time as the camera, and fortunately I had it when I first took the camera out of the box. The first chapters give a clear description of the controls and how to use them all, initially in the auto mode. Then later chapters describe the manual modes and photo editing capabilities, that I had not realised were there. There are colour photos of what is on the screen to illustrate every step. Also colour photos to illustrate the effect of every aspect of the camera's capabilities on the picture that is taken. I note the favourable comments about the Kindle version, but recommend getting the book because of the colour illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars instructions that come with the camera are not that great or convenient, 6 Dec. 2014
ive owned this camera for quite a while now , but never really understood everything that it can do, as the p.d.f. instructions that come with the camera are not that great or convenient. this book explains what many of the setup menu items actually do and how to use them , so it is possible to get the best from this camera . i have learnt a lot ,,its not just for beginners either.. if you own a lx7 then buy this book . you will not regret it

5.0 out of 5 stars It was good to get this very technical book to discover the ..., 6 Sept. 2014
It was good to get this very technical book to discover the inner workings of this excellent camera that I bought for my trek to Nepal last November. I have tried to use the manual that came on a pdf file. This book takes you through step by step and answers many of my queries and has started to open up the possibilities with this complex camera. So far I am very impressed and would recommend to anyone who wants to do more thanpoint and clic.

5.0 out of 5 stars LX-7 owners cannot be without it., 2 Aug. 2013
J. Flett (London) - See all my reviews
The CD instructions supplied with the LX-7 is comprehensive but formidable and requires a lot of printer ink to copy. The Guide gives clear and easy to understand tips to enable full use of the LX-7 and is essential for first time users of the camera. I keep the Guide close by when using the camera and constantly refer to it as the LX-7 is a complex piece of kit. Many thanks to Alexander S White for his work.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›