5.0 out of 5 stars Total Fun!
I've read quite a bit of fantasy in my time, and I've never come across a book quite like this! "Confessions" is a wacky, comic romp that parodys many of the conventions of classic "sword and sorcery" fantasy, while retaining a unique and saucy attitude.
Total fun and totally unique!
Published on 7 Oct. 2003 by Cerberus

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but with a weak finish.
Some good ideas here, a strong and likeable main character and a nice, humorous writing style but it runs out of energy towards the end. Disappointingly, there are a few loose ends left by a lame ending and the good ideas are not fully explored.
Published 21 months ago by Ted W

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Fun!, 7 Oct. 2003
Total fun and totally unique!

5.0 out of 5 stars Won me over, 18 Nov. 2004
I am a huge Pratchett fan and a friend told me that this book was pretty darn funny. Not the same as Pratchett, but in the same vein, but a little racier and really hysterical. I bought it on his recommendation and he was right. I really loved it and am disappointed that I can't find anything else by the author. Are we to be left hanging with no sequel? That wouldn't be fair.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but with a weak finish., 6 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Saucy, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Confessions of a Virgin Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
I was given this book as a gift and thoroughly enjoyed it. Light, fast paced with lots of smart remarks and an underlying social commentary that rings true but doesn't beat you over the head. Very clever on the whole. My only criticism is it could have been a bit longer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Humourous fiction is meant to be funny, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Confessions of a Virgin Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
There are no obvious proof-reading errors in this story. It is lightly written and makes for easy reading. It does however have a great lack of funny bits. It also lacks much in the way of a strong narrative or proper story arc. In short the story doesn't really go anywhere and meanders as it goes. The author lacks the subtlety of Pratchett, the absurdity of Adams or even the banal slapstick of an Leslie Nielson movie. Of course humour is subjective so your opinion may vary.

4.0 out of 5 stars best cover ever!, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Confessions of a Virgin Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
"I don't believe in virgin sacrifice. It encourages promiscuity at an early age." How's that for a first line? Great right? Or how about this one a few pages later? "Besides, she had large breasts, a trait frequently mistaken for beauty." Yep, that one got a laugh out of me too. Confessions of a Virgin Sacrifice is not a book to be taken seriously. It is a rip-roaring good time, but utterly and completely absurd. The main character, Jezebelle, is a paragon of dauntless sarcasm, but her wit often highlights urbane truths. It's a hoot. I lost track of how many passages I highlighted just because they were so funny.

Be that as it may, she wasn't my favourite aspect of the book. That would be Thor and Tul's bemused side comments. I could easily imagine the bewildered look on their faces as they tried to figure out the actions of others. Priceless.

I was thrown off on occasion by modern references. There I was reading along and visualising the characters as Conan the Barbarian or Red Sonia types, maybe even Beast Master and then the author would throw in a Mason jar or a frilly lacy pillow. What!? I couldn't quite reconcile their presence in the narrative.

The book is quite short and ends on a cliffhanger, though I don't know if another is planned. I almost hope one isn't. I really enjoyed this book. It works, but I could see the joke getting old if drug out for too long. I'd hate to see that happen. It's a gem just as it is. If you're looking for a laugh give this one a try. That awesome parody on the cover ought to give you an idea of what you'd be in for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original, Entertaining and Funny, 27 Jun. 2002
Confessions of a Virgin Sacrifice was a really entertaining book. It had everything a great adventure story should have. The creatures that Jez and Diz met were really cool. It was fun to see what strange situations and people they met while they were escaping the wrath of the elders. This is a great original fantasy book that doesn't follow the standard predictable formula. I cant wait for the sequel.

Confessions of a Virgin Sacrifice