4.0 out of 5 stars Celebrate Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Swimming with maya
Published 10 months ago by Sue

4.0 out of 5 stars Celebrate Life, 9 Nov 2004
By A Customer
Anyone who has been a daughter or a mother will ache, laugh, shudder, cry and rage along with the author of this searingly honest memoir. Eleanor Vincent tells the story - often poignant, sometimes harrowing - of her daughter's life and death and the relationships that shaped their family. This is more than a book about mourning the life of a beloved child. It is a book that examines and celebrates life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Swimming with maya, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Swimming with Maya: A Mother's Story (Kindle Edition)
It has took me a long time to read this book I have been trying to deal with my own grief on losing my 93year old mum who had turned into my little girl so I have read this book sharing my emotions with Eleanor along the way. It's been very difficult at times but Eleanors happy ending with the birth of her grand daughter shows life goes on a lovely story Eleanor I wish you happiness.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Swimming with Maya: A Mother's Story (Kindle Edition)
This is an amazing book about love, loss and tragedy. It is life affirming ,haunting, heart.wrenching , raw and honest a truly outstanding book

5.0 out of 5 stars Swimming with Maya, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Swimming with Maya: A Mother's Story (Kindle Edition)
I gave this book a rating of 5 stars because it was so beautifully written and expressed very real emotions.
I worked for Hospice in South Africa for over 7 years, as a home care sister, and this book reveals so much of what I experienced when dealing with bereaved families and especially the parents of children who had passed over.
We expect to bury our parents but not our children. People who haven't experienced this terrible pain cannot begin to understand it.
I would recommend it to anyone who has lost a child, or to anyone who deals with these sad moments as a nurse or councellor

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Swimming with Maya: A Mother's Story (Kindle Edition)
A good read really lovely book brought a tear to my eye

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Swimming with Maya: A Mother's Story (Kindle Edition)
Lovely book taking a journey through a mother's grief. Full of raw emotion would recommend to anyone looking into transplant effects for those who give Or receive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maya, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Swimming with Maya: A Mother's Story (Kindle Edition)
This book was so sad the poor family a very good read and a great story loved it take care Eleanor

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: Swimming with Maya: A Mother's Story (Kindle Edition)
Love, loved it!!! Even felt stressed because I knew the end was coming and I didn't want it to stop.

My love to Eleanor, Meghan, Todd and Lucia and also to Maya, a beautiful soul and now an beautiful Angel.

4.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Swimming with Maya: A Mother's Story (Kindle Edition)
Raw and open honesty and courage of a woman who has faced the worst pain imaginable. Thank you for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Swimming with Maya: A Mother's Story (Kindle Edition)
Love this, a great read, will make you smile, will make you cry. Just be grateful you havent gone through what Maya's mother has.

Swimming with Maya: A Mother's Story