5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling reading
I love these books. Though a far cry from Anne Rices version of vampires, there are elements of the story telling that are just as compelling.
Published 11 months ago by S. J. Myers

Published 10 months ago by D. Brock

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Trying to find the point to this lackluster installment but it's not happening, 3 Sep 2013
D. Brock (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biting Bad: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Kindle Edition)
I'm thinking this is likely the last installment of the Chicago Vampires series that I buy. The last couple have been 3 stars for me and I keep waiting for the quality of the writing to improve but with BB it actually got worse. The plot is ludicrous - there's no real mystery and the endless discussions of who is causing the riots in Chicago gets old in about 50 pages (generous). There's no real drama, no real conflict and no real character development. The relationships feel contrived, the dialogue seems rushed an unedited. Really, what happened to the cool characters of the first 3 books? Mallory is pathetic, Ethan has zero charisma and Merit gets beaten up by regular human thugs. I'm not sure I have it in me to endure another one like this... What a shame. Maybe Ms Neill ought to considering releasing one installment a year rather than two...

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling reading, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Biting Bad: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Kindle Edition)
Chloe Neill has a way of drawing you in so that you fully empathise with the characters. I spent my time feeling like I didn't want to read anymore when certain elements of the story line seem insurmountable. But again, unable to stop myself.
The dialogue between characters is witty, clever, sometimes pure bitchiness, and often laugh out loud funny.
Every book has left me dying for the next one. So I highly recommend that you follow Merit on her journey, in this latest instalment. As always the magic is tangible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent continuation of series, 3 Dec 2013
Perdimia (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
If you have enjoyed the series so far this book will not disappoint.
The only thing missing was Catcher's snarkiness.

3.0 out of 5 stars Becoming formulaic, 16 Oct 2013
I have enjoyed this series of books immensely and can well understand fans wanting more. However, I do wonder if Chloe Neill is sacrificing dram, pace and tension for volume. The gap between this book and the last has been relatively short and to me, it reads as if Chloe only had a small number of ideas before committing pen to paper. Fun, relatively enjoyable but lacking the punch and humour of earlier volumes

4.0 out of 5 stars carrying on the political line, but a good read, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Biting Bad: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Kindle Edition)
Ok, so i whooshed through this book, which is no surprise! as always a total page turner. i tried to put it down and picked it up to finish a chapter and ended up finishing the book instead!

This one picks up pretty much where the last book left, so this was a very political orientated book.

Beginning with riots that have no rhyme or reason to it until the last few pages, dealing with the new title of "rogue" vamps after being removed from the GP, Mallory is making a slow recovery and we see more of her in this book, which is nice to see. Merit and Mallory's friendship is still on shaky ground, but it seems to be slowly mending which is nice!

The rioters targeted Grey House leaving them homeless and Cadogan House opens it doors to allow them somewhere safe to stay....but what punishment would either house get for Grey consorting with a blacklisted house? The GP turn up to try and bully their way around.

Merit and Ethan seems to be getting to be a better and nice romance. I miss the tension of the "will they-wont they" but its not to say that their relationship is pushed at you, its now more of a background story now.

As always a good old cliffhanger at the end, which was totally unexpected and leaves me itching to get into the next book which is due out in February 2014 (waaaaah!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Chloe rocks, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Biting Bad: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Kindle Edition)
Thank you, thank you Ms Neill. How I adore your characters, strong powerful women who kick arse! More please SOON!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars love these boks, 24 Sep 2013
One of best series of book out to day chicagoland vampires are must read for anyone great story and great characters

4.0 out of 5 stars Another hit, 4 Sep 2013
S. REID "Highland Warrior" (Falkirk,Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biting Bad: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Kindle Edition)
Excellent if a little sparse on some of the action we have got used to. Still worth adding to the collection if your a fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good easy read., 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Biting Bad: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Kindle Edition)
Great as usual. Ethan and Merit are having their normal adventures and saving Chicargo.
I read this in days on holiday, light and easy going with good humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Keep them coming., 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Biting Bad: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Kindle Edition)
These books have been fantastic right from the very start. I hope there are many more to come - Absolutely glued!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›