5.0 out of 5 stars A very fine collection spanning her repertoire, 26 April 2013
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Art Of Magdalena Kozená (Audio CD)
I understand that this is Magdalena's own selection of her favourite songs and arias and what a fine selection it is. This 2 CD set documents some of her finest performances highlighting not only the wide range of repertoire but also the range of her voice. From the early baroque of Strozzi and Monteverdi, opera arias by Mozart, Gounod, Handel, Vivaldi, Bizet and Auber to sacred arias by Bach.

The recordings were made between 1996 and 2012 although most are later. Many are under the direction of her husband Sir Simon Rattle and feature some of the finest orchestras and musicians from the Mahler Chamber Orchestra to the Berliner Philharmoniker.

The set is organised very nicely with disc 1 covering Arias and Disc 2 covering Lieder, Duets and Orchestral Songs. There are too many highlights on this set for me to single anything out in particular but I am sure there will be something for everyone. What is refreshing is that I did not find any real weaknesses or any tracks that made me want to hit the 'skip' button. I was also able to listen to these discs several times on the day they arrived without getting listening fatigue.

One small issue, if you rip them to iTunes disc one (in my case anyway) is recognised as the Japanese pressing and all titles and track information is in Japanese. Disc 2 wasn't an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Her voice is a gift, 23 Jun. 2013
Joh de Weerd (Huizen, Holland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art Of Magdalena Kozená (Audio CD)
Her voice is a gift. She has never disapointed our expectations. With this cd she brings various repertoire and for us some unknown songs. Her songs aren't always easy to listen, she needs attention. (And she deserves this!)

The Art Of Magdalena Kozená
The Art Of Magdalena Kozená by Magdalena Kozená (Audio CD - 2013)