4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent gift for a science-mad 8 yr-old
Published 11 months ago by sarah sollom

2.0 out of 5 stars Utter Trash!
I know this is for children but the materials supplied with it are terrible cheap imitations that are easily broken and the microscope could easily be broken with a small amount of pressure, definately not child proof. I would recommend looking for something a little more durable and of better quality.
Published 9 months ago by John

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent gift for a science-mad 8 yr-old, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces) (Toy)
I took this to my grandson abroad and we had the time of our lives collecting dead insects etc. to look at. It is easy to operate but the one small niggle I have is that the slides are made of perspex and they quickly become scratched and make the image look fuzzy so I would recommend that you buy a batch of glass slides to give with it. The child needs to be quite tidy and methodical as there are some fiddly bits and slides need to be stored carefully, and the child encouraged to label them. My grandson had two tins labelled 'gross things, bits of me' and 'dead wasps and stuff'. Aahh, a Michael Faraday in the making!

I gave him a fragment of my dried skin and he made me promise to send 'any more bits that drop off you, Grandma.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected for the price, 10 Jan. 2014
The Uptons "jag" (london england) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces) (Toy)
Very impressed with something so cheap being so good. The magnification is better than one I bought for over £100 and I went ahead and bought a anatomy side set to test it out and looks fantastic. Extremely pleased with it and 11yo daughter loves it. Would recommend over many more expensive options.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces) (Toy)
A very functional educational instrument. Rather lightweight, as it is in plastic. But it works well and intrigued the young scientists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun!, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces) (Toy)
This is great for the money. My science daft daughter lves this and we've checked out all kinds of gross things already. I can see this being used a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces) (Toy)
Well made well priced and does exactly what it says, which is what you'd expect from a Discovery Channel item.It's kept my 7 year old daughter enthralled over Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Microscope, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces) (Toy)
Purchased for my 10 year old daughter and she loves it. It magnifies 100 x and is just a fantastic piece of work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for children, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces) (Toy)
This is great for children. The magnification is perfect even for those with less than perfect eye sight; Would recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for budding scientists, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces) (Toy)
This was purchased as a present for my 6 year old daughter who absolutely loves it. So much so that I have also bought it as presents for 2 of my 6 year old nephews, who seem to think that it's fantastic also. The magnification is good allowing curious little people to look at bugs/ soil/ bits of food etc etc....I suspect that it's not terribly robust although ours doesn't seem to have come to any harm just yet, & it has had pretty frequent use over the last 4 months. I am sure that there are far better more expensive alternatives but actually this has completely captured the imagination of my little girl & I guess that more expensive options can be bought in the future. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for grandson., 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces) (Toy)
This was a gift for my grandson and he is very happy with it although I think he is a little too young yet, he is 6 years old.

2.0 out of 5 stars Utter Trash!, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces) (Toy)

Discovery Channel 100X Microscope (36 Pieces)