5.0 out of 5 stars Going on Tour, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Tour: Updated Edition (Kindle Edition)
The Tour, a first time novel by Jean Grainger, is a delightful read that makes you want to curl up on the couch in front of the fire as you can't help but become enveloped in the trial and tribulations of the characters.
I could not put the novel down and the more I read the story the better it got. I liked the fact that it was based in the south west of Ireland and it appears that Grainger has much intimate knowledge of the area.

I particularly liked the character of Ellen O' Donovan and her story and its link with West Cork during the War of Independence. Another interesting character is Corelene, the man eater, whose desperate attempts to find her fifth husband end in a debacle in Pajo's pub in Killarney.

I would highly recommend this novel and look forward to Grainger's next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic debut novel, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Tour (Paperback)
This was a thoroughly absorbing novel which kept me engrossed from start to finish, with a rollercoaster of emotions as I went through The Tour with the characters. The book was a wonderful read, combining an engaging story line and Irish history. Jean Grainger has a wonderful writing style and I can't wait for her next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars execellent read, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Tour: Updated Edition (Kindle Edition)
Captivating story. Took me back to many holidays in Ireland. They have a warm and friendly nature, and should never be underestimated, like our American friend did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant new author, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Tour (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this first novel by Jean Grainger. I quickly became engrossed with the lives of the characters and could picture myself in the lovely part of Ireland that Jean brings to life so cleverly. This is a feel good book full of light hearted and yet serious themes at times. It is a really good read which I could not put down. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Tour: Updated Edition (Kindle Edition)
This book is a great read. As I am a coach driver myself I really got into it. Situations like mentioned in the story do happen and I hope Jean will write a follow up to this as there are a lot of funny and sad stories in the touring bussiness. Thanks for a great book

4.0 out of 5 stars A rare talent, 20 July 2013
This review is from: The Tour: Updated Edition (Kindle Edition)
The Tour has a set of fascinating characters. The author has used her insights into human nature to make each well developed and well rounded. Their motivations and the challenges they overcome are woven into a plot which never wavers throughout. Humour is an integral part of her style. Jean Grainger is well on the way to filling the gap in the fiction market left by the death of Maeve Binchy. Bring on the next offering!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy read follows tour group in Ireland, 5 July 2013
This review is from: The Tour: Updated Edition (Kindle Edition)
A gentle feel good novel set in Ireland. Would love to read another by same author!
Got this because it was cheap deal on Kindle but was completely smitten. Great holiday read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A corking adventure, 5 May 2013
This review is from: The Tour: Updated Edition (Kindle Edition)
This was such a wonderful book. I literally couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting - I know it's cliched but it's true,. It is warm, funny and very engaging. Set in the beautiful west of Ireland, a hotch-potch group of American tourists find their lives transformed in the space of one short week.

I'll bet most of us have met these characters before in real life and made assumptions about them; but Jean Grainger somehow manages to give all of them a real depth of character that is totally believable. The novel is very well balanced, fast paced and keeps you guessing till the end.

If you need a great pick me up, look no further. A really fun book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Debut Novel, 15 April 2013
This review is from: The Tour (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed Jean Grainger's new novel. I found myself engrossed from the very first page, with the excellent mix of quirky characters, exciting story lines and Irish history holding my interest until the very end. It is completely encapsulating, an absolute page turner, and impossible to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic debut book!!, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Tour: Updated Edition (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book.
Jean Grainger is a very talented writer.
The characters are beautifully written, and so diverse.
Because of this there are so many lovely and varied storylines.
I was also fascinated with some of the Irish historical references.
Well done, Jean, on such a brilliant debut book and I am really looking forward to your next novel.

The Tour: Updated Edition