5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film!
Published 15 months ago by Genevieve

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch the theatrical version
I prefer longer films...I just feel a bit cheated when you buy a 'film' and it's about as long as a Dr Who episode!
So, I went straight for the extended version of this film....don't!... Watch the theatrical version. Why?
This film bored the pants off me for the first 30 to 40 mins. Comedy?...I didn't laugh once.
(context of my opinions should be noted as...
Published 11 days ago by Andy Jack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film!, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
This film is a hilarious story of a drug dealers journey with his 'family' to try and cross the Mexican border without being caught. When i got it, i thought it would be like the other American comedies which are quite funny, but not amazing, but I was wrong!! We're the Millers is a very funny film, it actually made me laugh out loud on several occasion, something other 'comedy' films have failed to do. As soon as i had watched it i was recommending it to my friends as it certainly will not let you down. It is perfect for young adults and teenagers, or really anybody that likes a laugh, so i would definitely recommend you buy it, it has definitely made it to my top 3 films of 2013!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted fun, 2 Sept. 2013
J. Morris "Josh" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
We're the Millers is the tale of small-time pot-dealer David (Jason Sudeikis - Horrible Bosses) who gets mugged and loses his takings. In debt to his sharp-suited and manic supplier Brad Gurlinger (Ed Helms - The Hangover) he is tasked with making a run down to Mexico to pick up 'a smidge' of weed. Initially unconvinced, David comes up with the brilliant idea of making it look like a family holiday by recruiting neighbour/stripper Rose (Jennifer Anniston, also from Horrible Bosses) local kid Kenny (Will Poulter - Wild Bill) and homeless girl Casey (Emma Roberts - It's Kind of a Funny Story). As the quartet make their way home from Mexico in their huge Recreational Vehicle, they make bumbling mistakes that may just cost them their freedom, can 'The Millers' make it home?

At first glance, there may not be a lot to WTM - it's a pretty stupid plot that has been done in some form or another before, it plays up on the Mexican cliché that everyone either is, or is employed by, a drug dealer and all the police are corrupt. Actually whilst we're on that note; the Mexican policeman is brilliantly played by Luis Guzmán (Waiting) and he had me in stitches for his bit-part. Where WTM really comes into it's own and stands out is that everyone plays their roles so fantastically - they are all well suited to their parts. Will Poulter is the star of the show here, not only donning a convincing American accent for the duration, but really providing a tangible emotional range for the other characters to play off of.

We see stripper Rose (Anniston) get slightly maternal and look after the kids, even man-child David has some character development and by the end, I was genuinely laughing at the gags and cared for the characters in the 110 minute bit. Sure, it's a bit stupid in places and the drug-dealers are total clichés but as long as you come at this expecting an innocuous, light-hearted film, the character development will take you by surprise and you will be genuinely interested in their fates. When all this is set to a brilliant score and we get to see Jennifer Anniston do a little strip tease. What more could you want? Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars OMG! THEY KISSED KENNY!, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Dave (Jason Sudeikis) is a small time drug dealer who finds himself in trouble. In order to square things, he agrees to travel to Mexico and smuggle back drugs. To make passage easier he creates a family illusion with the formulas misfits. Rose (Jennifer Aniston) is a stripper who just quit her job and can't pay her rent. Kenny (Will Poulter) is the inexperienced neighbor boy abandoned by his mother. Casey (Emma Roberts) is a homeless girl who hangs out in the neighborhood.

Of course they get into trouble along the way. The plot of the film wasn't over powering. The comedy was watching these dysfunctional people come together as a family, even if it is just a mock family. The humor is often crude (It's a skateboard!) with Aniston reviving some of her potty mouth from "Horrible Bosses."

There were some laughable moments, but overall it is a soft 4 stars.

On the perv factor...the Aniston striptease which comes near the end was designed to be hot as she peels down to her undergarments. However, the truth be told, Demi Moore was better and bolder. There I said it.

Parental Guidance: Plenty of F-bombs, crude talk and humor. No sex. Brief male Internet nudity. Women bra/panties.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
It was very nice to watch something light and not too much blood and gore as most things these days

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever Idea, 3 Jan. 2014
M. B. Richardson (Stockton - on - Tees, Cleveland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
A must see movie, likeable characters, great script, compulsive viewing - lots to make you laugh and smile - a real FEEL GOOD MOVIE ! Watch it, you will not be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch the theatrical version, 21 Mar. 2015
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
(context of my opinions should be noted as well though, I don't find most american humour that funny...especially the sitcoms that fill SKY's channels)
But...incredibly... it rescued itself.
There I was ready to warn possible buyers off with my only 1 star rating I have ever given.
Suddenly from nowhere, I began to enjoy it.
I think it was because all the characters were so predictable at the start of the film. So was 'the plot'. (to be honest there isn't really a plot)
Then the characters got interesting and the scenes became unpredictable and I was laughing...
So, not a great film, but most people should find it watchable if you stick with it. However, make sure you buy at a low price and watch the theatrical version.
They show some of the out takes at the end....why didn't you put them in???? some were funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Must watch this.i bought this for my daughter as she said it was really funny.must admit I'm not a film lover but watched it with my 15 yr old daughter and must say it was absolutely great we laughted and laughted, going to watch again.

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of time, 28 Nov. 2014
Fabienne Sinais (bergerac france) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I watched it last night and feel that I wasted my time. Lots of swear words (perhaps Aniston wants to lose her girl next door image) a bit of nudity, situations not credible at all, not much of a story as each character is such a stereotype and sadly no reason at all to laugh. I felt that I was viewing a film for Young adolescents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
googd film

1.0 out of 5 stars not very funny at all, 26 Oct. 2014
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Sorry, what are you people on? This film is dreadful, I mean absolutely dire, not a laugh in it. If you thought Hangover 2 was "hilarious", you will find this film.....not very funny at all. I had to review this just out of amazement for all the positive reviews. Is the joke on me?

We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013]
We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] by Rawson Marshall Thurber (DVD - 2013)