5.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted fun
Published 7 months ago by J. Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny as I thought it would be
I have to say that, judging by the trailer, I was looking forward to this. It had a simple premise, i.e. a bunch of misfits masquerade as an `all-American' family in order to smuggle drugs across the border from Mexico. Every step of the way I was waiting (and wanting!) it to get better, but it never really seemed to.

Don't get me wrong - it's not terrible...
Published 3 months ago by Albatross

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted fun, 2 Sep 2013
J. Morris "Josh" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
We're the Millers is the tale of small-time pot-dealer David (Jason Sudeikis - Horrible Bosses) who gets mugged and loses his takings. In debt to his sharp-suited and manic supplier Brad Gurlinger (Ed Helms - The Hangover) he is tasked with making a run down to Mexico to pick up 'a smidge' of weed. Initially unconvinced, David comes up with the brilliant idea of making it look like a family holiday by recruiting neighbour/stripper Rose (Jennifer Anniston, also from Horrible Bosses) local kid Kenny (Will Poulter - Wild Bill) and homeless girl Casey (Emma Roberts - It's Kind of a Funny Story). As the quartet make their way home from Mexico in their huge Recreational Vehicle, they make bumbling mistakes that may just cost them their freedom, can 'The Millers' make it home?

At first glance, there may not be a lot to WTM - it's a pretty stupid plot that has been done in some form or another before, it plays up on the Mexican cliché that everyone either is, or is employed by, a drug dealer and all the police are corrupt. Actually whilst we're on that note; the Mexican policeman is brilliantly played by Luis Guzmán (Waiting) and he had me in stitches for his bit-part. Where WTM really comes into it's own and stands out is that everyone plays their roles so fantastically - they are all well suited to their parts. Will Poulter is the star of the show here, not only donning a convincing American accent for the duration, but really providing a tangible emotional range for the other characters to play off of.

We see stripper Rose (Anniston) get slightly maternal and look after the kids, even man-child David has some character development and by the end, I was genuinely laughing at the gags and cared for the characters in the 110 minute bit. Sure, it's a bit stupid in places and the drug-dealers are total clichés but as long as you come at this expecting an innocuous, light-hearted film, the character development will take you by surprise and you will be genuinely interested in their fates. When all this is set to a brilliant score and we get to see Jennifer Anniston do a little strip tease. What more could you want? Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever Idea, 3 Jan 2014
M. B. Richardson (Stockton - on - Tees, Cleveland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
A must see movie, likeable characters, great script, compulsive viewing - lots to make you laugh and smile - a real FEEL GOOD MOVIE ! Watch it, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film!, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
This film is a hilarious story of a drug dealers journey with his 'family' to try and cross the Mexican border without being caught. When i got it, i thought it would be like the other American comedies which are quite funny, but not amazing, but I was wrong!! We're the Millers is a very funny film, it actually made me laugh out loud on several occasion, something other 'comedy' films have failed to do. As soon as i had watched it i was recommending it to my friends as it certainly will not let you down. It is perfect for young adults and teenagers, or really anybody that likes a laugh, so i would definitely recommend you buy it, it has definitely made it to my top 3 films of 2013!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really funny!, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
A bit of a chick flick, but we see J Anniston is a very different role...a bunch of misfits form a 'family' to collect a huge drug haul and payout.....what could go wrong? , everything! And all done with some great laugh out loud moments!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Must watch this.i bought this for my daughter as she said it was really funny.must admit I'm not a film lover but watched it with my 15 yr old daughter and must say it was absolutely great we laughted and laughted, going to watch again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny as I thought it would be, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)

Don't get me wrong - it's not terrible. I wasn't left feeling like I'd wasted nearly two hours of my life on it. However, there just weren't enough jokes in the film. Sometimes it felt like it was going whole scenes without anything funny happening and, when the jokes did come, they were a bit predictably and I felt like I'd seen them before in other films.

It wasn't the actors' faults - they'll all good and they've all played better in other films - the film was just seemed like it was so meant to be funnier, yet didn't seem to pull it off. The film tries to add an element of danger by having the family pursued by real `hard core' drug dealers, but the `baddies' were only in a few scenes and every time they popped up, it had been so long since I last saw them, I practically forgot they were even in the movie!

Yes, the (now infamous) `Jennifer Aniston stripping scene' will always make the film stand out in the mind of many guys (embarrassingly, me included), but I'd have happily swapped it out for a few more decent jokes. The story deserved to be funnier, yet seemingly the best the writers can come up with is a big spider biting a guys on his...

This is a film you'd probably want to rent over own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 1 Jan 2014
This film is just so funny! The story line is great, the characters really make it! Would highly recommend it! My favourite film of 2013!

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
It was very nice to watch something light and not too much blood and gore as most things these days

4.0 out of 5 stars OMG! THEY KISSED KENNY!, 27 Aug 2013
The Movie Guy "Movies from A to Z" (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Dave (Jason Sudeikis) is a small time drug dealer who finds himself in trouble. In order to square things, he agrees to travel to Mexico and smuggle back drugs. To make passage easier he creates a family illusion with the formulas misfits. Rose (Jennifer Aniston) is a stripper who just quit her job and can't pay her rent. Kenny (Will Poulter) is the inexperienced neighbor boy abandoned by his mother. Casey (Emma Roberts) is a homeless girl who hangs out in the neighborhood.

Of course they get into trouble along the way. The plot of the film wasn't over powering. The comedy was watching these dysfunctional people come together as a family, even if it is just a mock family. The humor is often crude (It's a skateboard!) with Aniston reviving some of her potty mouth from "Horrible Bosses."

There were some laughable moments, but overall it is a soft 4 stars.

On the perv factor...the Aniston striptease which comes near the end was designed to be hot as she peels down to her undergarments. However, the truth be told, Demi Moore was better and bolder. There I said it.

Parental Guidance: Plenty of F-bombs, crude talk and humor. No sex. Brief male Internet nudity. Women bra/panties.

5.0 out of 5 stars We're the Millers, 1 Jan 2014
The funniest film I've seen, from start to the end I couldn't stop laughing. I would strongly recommend you buy this film!

ARRAY(0xaa3dbb34)

We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013]
We're The Millers - Extended Cut [DVD] [2013] by Rawson Marshall Thurber (DVD - 2013)
7.00