5.0 out of 5 stars portable cd player radio
I was very pleased with the item.
It is exactly what I was expecting and wanted.
I would recommend this product to anyone.
Published on 29 Jun. 2013 by Sue Eastham

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - skip skip skip skip
Published 19 months ago by Tango

5.0 out of 5 stars portable cd player radio, 29 Jun. 2013
I was very pleased with the item.
It is exactly what I was expecting and wanted.
I would recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillian, 19 Jun. 2013
Perfect for what I needed, just something small for the kitchen.
Great price for a great product.
Highly recommended item

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab boom box, 15 Jun. 2013
Great sound, nice and compact, smart looking, great value for money, delivered on time. Would recommend this product, great for my kitchen whilst I cook as I can listen to music whilst I'm doing my laborious chores

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - skip skip skip skip, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Philips AZ105C/05 Portable CD Player with FM Tuner and Line-In for MP3 Playback - Pink (New for 2013) (Electronics)
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas. I thought I'd better check it as we had a problem with a similar item last year. I have tried about 5 good condition shop bought CDs in it and not a single track will play without at least one skip. Bizarrely, the only CD that appeared to play without a problem is a CD-R that I made myself earlier this week. This is a shame as it looks good and the sound quality is acceptable. It sounds quite reasonable when playing back a song from my phone via the line in socket but that is not a good enough reason to keep it. Sending it back for a refund!

4.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't play CD's with MP3 files on, 2 Oct. 2013
M. Millar (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Beware! It says it can play "....CD, CD-R and CD-RW. A single CD can store up to 10 hours of music....." but it can't. It only plays normal audio CDs (CD-DA) which are 70mins.
I emailed Philips & they confirmed it only plays CD-DA format audio CDs. Philips website says 10 hours too. This is the main reason I bought it as a gift (apart from the pink colour of course). To burn several albums onto a single CD-R disc. Now I can just burn 70mins of music onto a CD-R instead of the advertised 10 hours. Very disappointed. This is the link to Philips website [...] It is easy to use (for a 9 yr old). Sound is very good for a budget stereo. Not loud (1W) but it doesn't need to be. Radio & CD works well. I also played some tracks from my iPhone 4S thru this stereo via an audio-in cable which worked well. Cable is available from poundland

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, cheap, 'good buy'., 15 Sept. 2013
My CD player ceased working in my car and a replacement item will cost £200 and the car cannot be used until after fitting.
I purchased a small transformer and will use this CD player in conjunction with the transformer. It works very well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware this does not take headphones!, 1 Dec. 2013
This machine does not accept headphones!! What is the point of a kids music box if you can't plug headphones into it and stop the incessant noise. My granddaughter also wanted to listen to her stories in bed and needs headphones to stop her disturbing her brother. Had frankly assumed all music boxes accepted headphones but this is not the case so be aware! Having said that, initial reaction was favourable, nice sound, easy to use and carry. Only other concern would be that in battery mode you have to remember to switch it off otherwise it will gobble up 6 (yes six!) 1.5V LR14 batteries at £10 a go! Have returned this (excellent Amazon service as always, no quibble immediate collection) for another machine with headphone jack.

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, 2 Feb. 2014
I bought this CD player for my grandmother who is 85. It is a simple machine and generally not difficult to use. I have however had to put white stickers on to the CD buttons for her to see them as the buttons are quite small and difficult for her to see the button markings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 27 Oct. 2013
Does everything it says on the box. Great for moving room to room and using outside if needed. Great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic & sturdy, kid's will love!, 19 Oct. 2013
Coffee & Vanilla "Margot" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My girls (3 & 8) absolutely love it because it is pink and they can play music and audio CDs in their room now without asking to use someone's laptop ;)

The CD player is really basic but sturdy, with manual flap, you need to use your fingers to lift it but this is good, less chance they will break it.

The radio is FM not DAB with turning tuner, my older one likes to listen to Jazz FM and Classic FM and turning the tuner is a bit of challenge sometimes to get the sound clear... but not impossible. They had previously in the room DAB radio memorizing favourite stations so this is a bit of downgrade... but the possibility of listening to the CDs was more important.

The player has also audio-in socket to use it as speaker for MPs players. It works well but you will need your own cable to connect the two.

There is two tuners: one for radio, one for volume.

On both sides of the player there are also switches, one is to choose between FM, Audio-In, CD and Off. On the other side there is DBB (Dynamic Bass Boost) switch, with we confused for on and off buttons and we were wondering why the player was still on ;)
CD player has it's own controllers next to the flap.

The sound is also not too bad considering the price.