5.0 out of 5 stars Fab boom box
Great sound, nice and compact, smart looking, great value for money, delivered on time. Would recommend this product, great for my kitchen whilst I cook as I can listen to music whilst I'm doing my laborious chores
Published 14 months ago by Claire

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use
I bought this CD player for my grandmother who is 85. It is a simple machine and generally not difficult to use. I have however had to put white stickers on to the CD buttons for her to see them as the buttons are quite small and difficult for her to see the button markings.
Published 6 months ago by WatScot

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab boom box, 15 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars portable cd player radio, 29 Jun 2013
I was very pleased with the item.
It is exactly what I was expecting and wanted.
I would recommend this product to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic & sturdy, kid's will love!, 19 Oct 2013
Coffee & Vanilla "Margot" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Philips AZ105C/05 Portable CD Player with FM Tuner and Line-In for MP3 Playback - Pink (New for 2013) (Electronics)
My girls (3 & 8) absolutely love it because it is pink and they can play music and audio CDs in their room now without asking to use someone's laptop ;)

The CD player is really basic but sturdy, with manual flap, you need to use your fingers to lift it but this is good, less chance they will break it.

The radio is FM not DAB with urning tuner, my older one likes to listen to Jazz FM and Classic FM and turning the tuner is a bit of challenge sometimes to get the sound clear... but not impossible. They had previously in the room DAB radio memorizing favourite stations so this is a bit of downgrade... but the possibility of listening to the CDs was more important.

The player has also audio-in socket to use it as speaker for MPs players. It works well but you will need your own cable to connect the two.

There is two tuners: one for radio, one for volume.

On both sides of the player there are also switches, one is to choose between FM, Audio-In, CD and Off. On the other side there is DBB (Dynamic Bass Boost) switch, with we confused for on and off buttons and we were wondering why the player was still on ;)
CD player has it's own controllers next to the flap.

The sound is also not too bad considering the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great....., 13 Nov 2013
Mr. S. James "Stu" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
...for its size and the quality of sound is excellent.
Neat and tidy this machine is just what I wanted and recommended to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't play CD's with MP3 files on, 2 Oct 2013
M. Millar (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Beware! It says it can play "....CD, CD-R and CD-RW. A single CD can store up to 10 hours of music....." but it can't. It only plays normal audio CDs (CD-DA) which are 70mins.
I emailed Philips & they confirmed it only plays CD-DA format audio CDs. Philips website says 10 hours too. This is the main reason I bought it as a gift (apart from the pink colour of course). To burn several albums onto a single CD-R disc. Now I can just burn 70mins of music onto a CD-R instead of the advertised 10 hours. Very disappointed. This is the link to Philips website [...] It is easy to use (for a 9 yr old). Sound is very good for a budget stereo. Not loud (1W) but it doesn't need to be. Radio & CD works well. I also played some tracks from my iPhone 4S thru this stereo via an audio-in cable which worked well. Cable is available from poundland

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillian, 19 Jun 2013
Perfect for what I needed, just something small for the kitchen.
Great price for a great product.
Highly recommended item

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Portable CD Player, 4 April 2014
Timelord007 (The Tardis) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I purchased this CD player for my mum who's old CD Player recently packed up, This Portable CD Player by Phillips has excellent quality sound for such a compact item & while the radio isn't DAB it's easy to locate what FM station's your searching for.

This CD Player has a 20 track program & a repeat/shuffle button, A Dynamic Bass Boost switch & comes complete with a mains cable, Phillips have provided a quality product for a reasonable price making this a great little CD Player to purchase which is ideal for listening to your favourite CD's in the kitchen, Outdoors or in your bedroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 27 Oct 2013
Does everything it says on the box. Great for moving room to room and using outside if needed. Great buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, 2 Feb 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact CD player, 11 Feb 2014
I wanted a compact CD player to sit by my bed and this fitted the bill. The problems are chiefly the controls which are low down on the left hand side and not terribly easy to reach. I frequently catch the tuner, which is on the same side, when switching it off which means that I have to retune next time I turn the radio on.