on 21 May 2014
Never believed it would work but reception is fantastic 300m from wifi source. Great gadget. Would recommend trying it out.
on 16 August 2014
Great Product, works just as promised. If you want to use your Laptop (Windows Only( Hate it)) Download and purchase Connectify Me that will turn your laptop into a Hotspot. Connect your iPad Phone or any other device.
on 18 September 2015
It does its job brilliantly. Setting up was very difficult (as I had anticipated from the reviews), though. The CD Rom would not load and the product was not on the list on the website. I then took a chance that the product - EDU8532 might have been listed as EDU8523 (the product details looked the same). I downloaded the driver, set it up and it works perfectly. What a pain, but worth it.
on 15 August 2014
It works, finally solved my wi-fi at bottom of garden problem, having tried extender with no luck. The opposite approach of an arial did the trick.
OK, i'ii talk you through it as there were no instructions at all and diagrams on box were contradictory for me. They provided drivers and LAN software (no readme)on a mini CD which I had no way of loading so went to:-
and downloaded up to date drivers for my system (win8). This took an hour, unzipped and installed. When I plugged in the USB to the box and then to laptop and looked at the WiFi panel, (having viewed a demo on youtube in spanish!) I now had in addition to usual WiFi "WiFi 2" with 5 bars for a number of near wireless networks including my own 2G, typed in the password and connected.
Job done.
1 star knocked off for no instructions.
66 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2014
Purchased for use on the road in my truck.
Works really well, picks up good signals from service station hot spots.
Took a bit of time to set up & have still yet to learn how to set up my Laptop as a WiFi hot spot so that I can get a better signal for my IPad.
Would recommend that you get the receiver up as high as you can & avoid car transporters that park next to you blocking signal.
on 25 May 2015
The instructions are abmisal....there seems to be options to hack ( crack) other networks.....initially I booted up from the supplied disk and was presented with Linux style kernel page......then there were many options, most seem to be to do with hacking networks....( it is from China LOL)....eventually just downloaded the driver from the website and it all looks very easy to use....there are symbols next to the various networks, but no guide as to what they mean.....I will update this review, when I finally try it out in a few days to try and 'capture' a weak BT FON WIFI connection, for a friend, which is the reason this was purchased......it did work on my laptop ok, but I get a strong BT FON signal without it. So will have to see if it does well with a weaker signal........fingers crossed, may be able to give this 5 stars if it succeeds in this, took 1 star off initially for the very poor instructions.....might be worth sealing the cable entry points with some silicone to stop water ingress......
Update...just tried this to pick up a weak BT FON WIFi signal and it worked !!
Doesn't get a connection better than good, get download speed of almost 1MB where BT says up to 10MB , going to try and raise it a bit more on the mast and then slowly rotate it to try and get a better signal.
Gave it 5 stars even though the instructions were rubbish, because it does what it's meant to and suits my purpose exactly..

Very pleased...will update later if I get a better signal...

JUST found out something interesting, it is possible to download a virtual router program for windows 7 or 8 which uses the laptop wireless card as a virtual router and lows the lPtop to act as a hotspot, thereby redistributing the wireless wifi received by the aerial. It is also possible to spend £61 on a device to do the same thing, just look at the aerial and scroll to the bottom and see ' what other people bought with this item' much cheaper on Amazon than certain other sites......
Got to upgrade my laptop to windows 7 to try it out......
It's an HP DV 6700 so got to tread carefully as HP don't officially support windows 7, but found a help site which gave lol the windows 7 drivers I should need........
on 8 March 2015
Mine was delivered mid January. Towards the end of Feb it started dropping connections. It is now (8th March) completely unusable as it will not hold a connection.for longer than a few seconds. Checking the terms & conditions, the maximum return date was 13th Feb. (Wow! One month! What confidence!). So goodbye £39.99.
Tried looking for any mention of repairs, got:
"We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site".
One star as it won't accept no stars. Don't buy one.
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2015
This antenna does the job well, once you get it to work. The included mini-disc doesn't do what is described (very poorly) on the supplied leaflet, and the driver on the disc is not the correct one for the antenna model. But once we took everything to the friendly neighbourhood computer shop, we got the correct driver downloaded (in about an hour and a half!) and it all worked perfectly.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2016
I bought this with the suggested wifi repeater and it's brilliant. Very easy to install, plugged the USB lead into the antenna and repeater, followed the simple (English) instructions with the repeater and I now get a very strong signal that previously was weak at this location, D/L speed is excellent, the Internet is now useable here !
on 8 April 2016
I really didn't know what to expect when I purchased this kit.. I am so pleased, the disc loaded very easily on my windows 8 laptop and within 5 mins, my bt wifi hot spot went from 1 bar to 5.. I can now watch you tube videos, with out any problem.. I would highly recommend...